I asked AI who is the best EverQuest player in history

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by jeskola, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Edward Scissorhands New Member

I found 'Encarta 95' more impressive than ChatGPT
    Nennius and Sissruukk like this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

IBM, 1979:
    [IMG]
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

4. Cloud the Third Augur

That is kind of funny because I failed one class when I was in college for a similar reason. I used exist code online as a framework for an assignment. I altered every single method that was used for the assignment to do different things (this is what most coders in the real world do). He then did a check online and said 50% of the code matched existing code online or something like that but the methods that matched were ones I forgot to delete and weren't even being used in the execution. So it was partly my fault for not deleting them but you would think a professor who teaches coding would be able to tell that the raw code he downloaded didn't do what the assignment was required to do and the matching methods weren't even being called.

I tried to dispute it but the people who looked at it to decide whether I would fail the class were clueless and knew nothing about how code works so it was a joke.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I signed up for ChatGPT a few weeks ago. However, because it is built right into Microsoft Edge, I now just use the Bing Discover (or whatever it is called).

I've found it can write some code for me, which is nice. For example, my wiki uses a randomly changing logo in the top left corner. I had code that did this but MediaWiki changed the command for logos from $wgLogo to $wgLogos. While the $wgLogo still worked, I wanted to update to the latest before they removed the old one. The Edge AI gave me the code that worked.

That said:

What can you tell me about the EverQuest player Fanra

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t find any specific information about an EverQuest player named Fanra from the current web page context or web search results. Can you provide more details or context about the player you are asking about?

Sigh.

NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  7. Boro Journeyman

Seems like AI is already an accomplished bs artist. It should just say it doesn't have the information.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can an AI presidential candidate be far behind? Or perhaps congress to start.