Class race diety combos that you would like to see?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Magneress, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Basak Augur

Barbarian Paladin
    Dark Elf Bard
    Erudite Monk
    Half Elf Shadow Knight
    Iksar Rogue
    Iksar Ranger
    Vah Shir Monk
    Vah Shir Ranger

And I know not specifically asked for
    Alchemy added to Beastlord
    Tinkering added to Dwarves
    Make Poison added to Bard
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Agrippa Augur

I'm still bothered that I can't enjoy a character for each class on a server. No way that I'm aware of to expand my character slots beyond fourteen. On my quite lengthy to-do list is to someday aquire every set of newbie armor available for each of the existing combinations that were blessed with that sort of thing. Wishful thinking, of course, but I'd love for the ability to do it all on the server and account of my choosing.
    Rijacki and Skuz like this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Iksar Berserker
    Iksar Rogue
    Iksar+Everything
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I highly doubt new class/race combinations take anywhere near as much time as actual game content (zone environment, quests, loot, npcs, scripts etc.) it's arguably a "much easier win" not that I would sacrifice expansion content for it since there is precious too little of that already.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Disagree. Any time devoted to a new class/race combo probably takes more time then you think it does and the time it would take however long I still think is better devoted to content.

I would rather have one additional 25th anniversary mission then a new race/class combo. That is just my opinion though.

And again while it is just my opinion I dont think most players care about a new class/race combination. Get an illusion cast on yourself and pretend its a new class/race combo. Right not with all the illusion items I see a new race/class combo as a waste of time personally.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

The real question is, why do people want new combos at all ?

Are they just bored from the game ?

For how long would a new combo be interesting ? A week, a month ?

Fact is that the game does already offer 228 class/race/gender options.
    Who has played them all ?
    code-zero likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

I've noticed in almost all the calls for all/all combos is either some sort of min/maxing eg. Ogre anything because of frontal melee stun immunity, Iksar AC bonus etc. They think it's funny ...Gnome Monks..... or fantasy novel sources.

In most cases there's no lore based reason, not even stretching it really hard.
  8. Relyn Lorekeeper

I wouldn't mind gnome monks. I like gnomes and I think their animations as a monk would look good.

One thing I would like to see that is doable is add more agnostic options. I tend to always choose agnostic if it is available. Agnostic necro. I don't want to be beholden to some god. I'll summon the dead with my own power!
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The newbie armor quests are from PoP. I'm likely to poke at them TLP-wise when Oakwynd gets closer to that point. But... in the meantime, did you know of or recall the "Old" Cultural crafted armors. Not quested, per say, but some interesting combinations. I compiled data from a few different sources and brought it together for at least the "classic" races, so far.
    https://rijacki-game.blogspot.com/2023/05/eq-tlp-diary-crafted-cultural-armor-or.html
    Yinla and Agrippa like this.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

Just a thing for TLP servers today. There are also the DoN newbie armor questd from V`Lynn Renloe in PoK which are completely outdated.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Out dated -now- but not on a TLP or in their own time.
    Yinla likes this.