Why People Will Still Play on Oakwynd

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GRACUS, May 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I already took the time off :)
    Templora and Doranur_Aleguzzler like this.
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Me too, when I retired in 2020 hehe.
    Templora, Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  3. Weverley Augur

I was planning to play on oakwind til the test server told me how impractical it would be so for now it's like resubs later when it's playable or join an older tlp server
    Skuz and TLP Addict like this.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

I was pretty agnostic on FTE and didn't see it as a big deal if it worked how most of us expected it to work and was looking forward to playing on Oakwynd.

The mess we have now is not what I expected and I doubt anyone else did either, it's a dumpster fire and I won't be wasting time and money on Oakwynd if it launches in this state.
    Skuz and Crabman like this.
  5. Clippa New Member

No, no its not. If this is your opinion you obviosuly havent tried it on test yet.
    Its not classic everquest, its barely everquest.
    Wait till you are trained and the mobs are locked and you cant fight back. Lets see how "classic" everquest you find it then.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've been toying with the idea of Oakwynd recently, then they released FTE on test and unless they get busy with the fixes I won't be there.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I thought I would play just to get a taste of how toxic it is but after reading all the great stories from Test server I dunno if I even need to play now. I feel pretty good already just from the stories. FTE is a sad joke and it feels like they didn't even log in to see what FTE would do. They just let US give it a first try. That's pathetic.
  8. Taemek Lorekeeper

All these new members in here posting on alt accounts......
    Clearly, angry little boxers who cant manipulate the game the way they want to maximise return of profits.
  9. Arclyte Augur

If that's all it was I would agree, but there are some game-breaking bugs with FTE that can't be ignored.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Go Take A Nap Augur

what about the "big" boxers, they count too right?

I would say this server will be more profitable than a regular phinny clone. There might not be as many players but anytime you make a resource more scarce then the demand goes up. In this case it would be the soft nerfs to PLing. On a server that rewards multiple alt accounts its going to be very high demand.
  11. Jardad Journeyman

1.People will play for the fresh start as always &" just because______"
    2.Boxers happy or angry will still box 6-12 accounts as they have in every TB TLP.
    3.They removed many older players posts from forum thru purges
    over the years so forum ranks /likes means little.
    4. A Dev can post about FTE doesnt make it actually work in game.
    Test server is there for a reason , glad they listened and allowed test before launch.(thanks!)
    launch day with problems is never good,too many cry for refunds
  12. wade_watts Augur

The people that make KRONO in early expansions are making them from people that don't want to get stuff themselves or are more casual in nature. If FTE robs the enjoyment from the game (which seems to be it's only value currently), then the folks spending the krono aren't going to be there.

Some of you guys are real Krono-phobes. Relax, thousands of people are not playing EQ on a new server to try and stock up on Krono.
    Skuz and Soulsiphon like this.
  13. Soulsiphon Elder

I don't think thousands, where did you get that from? The majority are for the early fresh start. That still doesn't take away from lots of dedicated players who never stop playing eq are looking at this as a krono making opportunity.
  14. Leifer Augur

There will be a large population of players at the start, but it won't be too long before this server falls below Mischief population. Anyone's guess when, but if I had to bet, I would say less than 4 months.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So after using krono for your accounts, you're making 30-70 krono, at most, per MONTH.

Even if you could sell them at $15 a pop, $450-1050 a month, and that's something you are spending time "working" on.

Waste of time. I'd rather use my free time for play and my work time for work.
  16. Yogafire New Member

70% are casuals the other 30% are krono farmers.
  17. Kraked Augur

No where did I indicate I sold KR 3rd party.
    Any KR obtained during my ventures stay on 25 year old account from 1999 and are used on future TLPs, which is why you see people like myself 1000s available.

I disagree, I have the bankroll to purchase any item that is on the market without an issue.
    This eliminates farming which I consider to be tedious, and allows for me instead to do something I enjoy and obtain profits to purchase said gear.

I do agree with the bottom portion:
    Free Time is for play, Work time is for work - This is not my job, if i were I would be making way more than 30-70 per month as I would be playing 15+ hours a day instead of my normal 3-5.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Didn't say you were selling them. I said that is an absolute maximum value of it. If you aren't selling, then you are literally wasting your time selling PLs for krono that sit on you forever. What is the point?
  19. Kraked Augur

Have you ever bought full set of loot right gear on a live server?
    Ever buy a BoC in era during a TLP?

Ever buy a Dozekar kill LRs ?
    Ever buy a Vulak LR ?

Here are a few examples of what my Krono go towards ( not these scrubs buying FBSS's ).
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oakwynd should be considered a barometer of boredom.

The more successful it is the more bored people must have been.

Just my 2 obnoxious copper coins.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.