Truebox Request #4891

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, May 11, 2023.

1. Pappasalt Augur

Remove truebox or at least relaxed truebox when servers hit a certain population if not an expansion.

Quit being so stuck in your ways.
    Abbye-DW, 6502, Minnae Rawr and 12 others like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What do you mean when they hit a certain population. Do you mean when it reaches a lower level as more expansions unlock?
  3. Pappasalt Augur

Clearly a lot of the issues is the servers not being able to handle such a large amount of characters, ie FV, so something like Mischief couldn't utilize it because you would have zone crashes most likely. But servers like Mangler/Coirnav/Selo/Thornblade/etc all could benefit from it with such a lower population.
  4. Pappasalt Augur

While we're at it...throw in moving tranquil blessings aa way down the expansion list.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From my understanding truebox wasn't implemented to lower the number of players on the server but to encourage grouping with other players instead of running a box army.
    Draxx and Rijacki like this.
  6. Pikollo Augur

Not sure I read where he said Truebox is meant to lower the number of players. What he said is when a server hits a certain expac, or population (meaning the server does not have a good population) then implement relaxed truebox, or remove it entirely.

The original idea of truebox may have been to encourage grouping (and block you know what). The reality is when a server pop gets to low there's not many people to group with. Also mercs discourage grouping too. At this point truebox doesn't need to be on a server. Allow the (legit) players to box on one PC. Let them pay for extra accounts and make DB more moneys.

The fact that they already implement these things on Vaniki and Oakwynd already has a truebox schedule proves that truebox isn't a set in stone thing. In a lot of ways its ridiculous not to remove it from TLPs that could benefit from its removal.

With that being said (IMO) truebox at the start of an expac is perfectly fine. But should be considered for removal when appropriate.
    Deadnu likes this.
  7. Weverley Augur

Isn't truebox relaxed already at a certain expansion and truebox eliminated further on not sure what the op is talking about maybe he can tell us
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It did sound like it was linking the server population cap being hit to truebox.
  9. Pikollo Augur

I can see where it can be misinterpreted. "hit a certain population" can go either way. Up or down. I guess when you play TLP's you already know his meaning. Which is hitting a low population.
  10. Pikollo Augur

No. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. But I think currently the only TLP that had its truebox removed is Vaniki. It was mentioned that if it went well they would remove truebox from another TLP. Yelinak?

Oakwynd already has a truebox schedule. OoW will have relaxed truebox (3 accounts) and TBS will have truebox removed.

Thornblade is currently in TBS. We are at that point where they decided it may be ok to remove truebox entirely from a TLP.

Thornblade also has a low pop even though we have the same rules as Mischief. Removing our truebox would give us a slight benefit not only to replenish some pop via boxes but also maybe make it more appealing to choose Thornblade over Mischief to start a new char on. Maybe think of that last bit like Aradune/Rizlona. Same rules. One was truebox one was not.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When they announced the relaxed truebox feature they stated they would evaluate doing it on other servers but at this time they have not announced doing it on any of the existing servers. However it seems like they are going to start applying it to new TLP servers going forward.

I do think it would be a good idea to apply it to all existing TLP servers retroactively as it does seem they are happy with it as they are adding it to new servers.
    Pikollo likes this.
  12. Pikollo Augur

They have done it on Vaniki. Which I believe it the only existing server they have done it. I can't speak for everyone but I think you are right when you say it seems to make them happy.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They Removed Truebox on Vaniki, now groups are almost extinct. Not the best example of Truebox removal being benefical to those playing on it. But Vaniki has had a population drop since they changed where the servers currency achievements can be claimed, so it is likely to be only part of the lack of group issues.

They need to see how Yelniaks population react to Truebox removal.
  14. Pikollo Augur

To be fair Vaniki is sort of a bad example for anything. But correct me if I am wrong. Didn't they remove truebox because Vaniki had such low numbers? Could the population hit be a combination of the currency nerf, the fact that you have to wait several expacs to do achievements from X amount of expacs ago, and mercs? I've played very little of Vaniki so I don't see how truebox removal could have played that much of a factor if grouping is dead.

IMO mercs alone would cause grouping to become non-existent. Not truebox removal.
  15. Captain Video Augur

They turned on relaxed Truebox on Vaniki at OoW because THEY ANNOUNCED IN THE RULESET PRIOR TO LAUNCH that they would do that. It had absolutely nothing to do with population or player appeals. Please consider yourself corrected. Yelinak will get relaxed Truebox at the same time for the same reason, it was announced in advance.
  16. jeskola pheerie

Truebox goes against everything a modern company should stand for. If it is so fantastic why is relaxed Truebox a thing? Why isn't it on live?
  17. Pappasalt Augur

That's right! Be corrected!....The company has said so therefore it shall be!
  18. Pikollo Augur

To be fair I said to correct me if I am wrong. But was that your only point? Sounds like you took it personal. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings lol.

Point still stands that Vaniki was a... unique... ruleset. By unique I mean pretty dumb. Either way I doubt truebox was the culprit for lower numbers. It was probably, as everyone predicted, a complete chore to do anything at the later levels.
  19. Pikollo Augur

So I guess they hid it at the very bottom of the FAQ for Vaniki. After reading the ruleset I don't think I ever scrolled down that far. But thanks for pointing it out. It looks like the same unlock as Oakwynd. Which basically means Thornblade is at the expansion where truebox should/could be removed.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There are a few live players who want a Truebox live server, majority of others don't. If there is a high pop server getting close to live they may decide to leave Truebox on it and not merge it with a live server and just remove the other features.