The F2P experience is horrible.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Strawberry, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Bobokin Augur

Handling, as in not updating augs and equipment to take away prestige on older expacs, or changing the way augs can be place into armor. Doing nothing is still "handling" the situation. In this case, doing nothing is "handling" the situation sub-optimally.

There are better non-prestige type 4, type 5 and type 7 augs? That is simply not true. Broken Mirror was the last expac with upgraded augs that are not almost entirely prestige.

That isn't true either. Young players are getting squeezed by inflation in education, rents, and food. Many can barely afford to even bay their basic bills and put food on the table.

Everquest has become a game for retired people using their pensions and greater disposable income to subsidize their gameplay. That is unsustainable, as the player base ages and dies.
    Iven and Fenthen like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Tier 1 raid loot used to be non-prestige. The only difference in raiding as FTP was that some augs were inactive (but many still were, such as the 8 hdex aug from the Neriak mission) and you were using rank 1 spells instead of rank 2 or 3. Big whoop.

I seriously do not understand why FTP expansion group gear remains prestige. Current expansion T1 far surpasses older prestige gear. If ToV is FTP, why can't the T2 stuff dropping from Velks/ToFS/Kael be non-prestige? It's inferior to the snowsquall stuff in CoV.
    Barraind and Bernel like this.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

You do just repeat in other words what Bobokin already had wrote. Prestige gear is not a bad idea but the way how it has been integrated and that Daybreak never changed that bad SOE concept. It also would had been much easier to generally restrict a few item slots just for AllAccess. It seems like the idea behind prestige gear and generally for AllAccess was not only the power and service bonus but to annoy and harass free and silver players at any given time. The 15 min popup windows spam is only there for harassment. Could such a rude behaviour motivate players to buy AllAccess or does ist just alienate them ? Why would someone ever pay money to an [enter 4-letter word here] ?

Another problem with prestige gear is that it got earned by the players. The players indirectly paid for it but when the subscription does end, the paid gear does become useless which is fraud and peculation.

Could be a local phenomenon but the opposite is the case for most regions on earth. 20 years ago young people went into a pub, disco or restaurant at the weekend. Today they do meet on the streets and outside fuel stations and supermarkets for some cheap booze and energy drinks. Most pubs, discos and restaurants got closed. I am sure that it had started like that in Skid Row and other slums too.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Tutankamen Augur

This is categorically incorrect in every way. If you want to re-establish your character after not playing for a long time, go gold. It was never intended as a way for someone to get the full benefits of the game never having to pay. It's an extremely generous avenue for people who do play the game to continue playing characters without paying every single month, or to retire a character, move to a new character, and still get use out of the other account. It's a great service and I appreciate DB for offering it.
    yepmetoo, Rijacki and Metanis like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On which version of Earth is this true?
    Barraind and Smokezz like this.
  6. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Who cares? FTP is marketing, not charity.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I care or I wouldn't have posted, blatant disinformation or sheer ignorance is not a good argument under any circumstance.

You probably skipped / missed my earlier posts where I say F2P is plenty generous enough already or called it an extended trial.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

Garden Spot of the World (Beverly Hills). Now we all know where CatsPaws does live. ;)
  9. telezar Journeyman

ftp is like he said just a taste to get you to go gold membership. with that being said I have been playing off and on since right before omens. I think the development of the game have gone downhill alot since then. Now dont get me wrong here I think daybreak/darkpaw has had some good ideas but for the most part it sucks. What i dont get is when your going to fix the issues that have been plaguing the game for a long time? It also seems to me that the players dont even come close to scaling withe mobs in this game especially around lvl 70 and up!!! I notice that in kunark zones they hit you for at least 10x what you hit them for!! As you progress though the lvls it only get worse. I also think the game gear like cohorts tier 1 and 2 is crap especially tier 1 but does give you a chance to do something. In the beginning of this game you can kill red cons and yellows but in the later parts of this game that isnt true because if ou even attempt to kill a red or yellow con you will be taking a dirt nap really quick even with a healer merc!! The problem is the game is still designed to be a grouping game and its a grouping game anymore! i mean just about everyone boxes now simple because they are tired opf the in the game or their greedy and want all the loot for themselves. My hat goes off to boxers though alot have been doing it long time and are pretty damn good imo! I just dont think they get a iot though you are hurting the game more than helping it. we all pay a sub each month and I for one would like to see EQ make a strong come back. It could happen we as players have to make it happen though. We first would have to demand that daybreak/darkpaw fix all the issues that have plagued the game for years and fix the issues with leveling. Like a .500% for a even con at lvl 93 which by all parts is pretty good but it makes the game slow and painful, facts!!! if you want this game to be a questing game make it easier to quest not like it is now with having to search for quest givers and spend extra time doing that, I mean if you play 7 days a week regardless of how many hours its still probably about 30 mins looking up quests etc.. Thats 3.5 hours a week, thats 26 hours a month that your doing something for your gaming experience but not actually in the game playing! im not ok with that I mean I wont every hour I play to be played not looking something up! I pay for it and so do most of you! What we dont need is more tlps. Instead how about you do the changes on test as intended the decide is you what to implement them in the game? Sorry this is such a long post but enough is enough we need to demand them to do some or all these thing we pay the paychecks so in a since they work for us and it should be their goal to the customer happy which docent seem to be a thing anymore! If you have taken time to r4ead this I thank you for your time and I hope you understand where im coming from?