Sunk Cost Fallacy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, May 11, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Leaving FTE as it is on test server now means no other changes can be tested, the game is virtually unplayable.
  2. wade_watts Augur

Gosh this is really true. Wish they would listen.
    Hobitses, 7arami, Wyndar and 4 others like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People are more likely to come to the forums and post when they don't like something then when they do like something.
    Fallfyres and Bullsnooze like this.
  4. Kazzuk Elder

Just means he needs 18 PCs capable of playing EQ, I have seen larger setups, hell I played on Mischief with folks that had larger setups. Absolutely nothing against the rules in boxing on a truebox server, truebox means 1 character per PC, not that boxing is not allowed. I find it amazing that even after so many years people fail to comprehend this fact. I plan on boxing 3 at launch even though I think FTE is a non starter I still want a new TLP... heck, I might spin up to my 6 box setup I played on mischief, we will see.
  5. Animosity Elder

Cant wait to play the new World of EverCraft server.
    Hobitses, Jontrann, manglered and 3 others like this.
  6. Kraked Augur

Just saying a Hardcore EQ server like they have done with WoW, would be bonkers!!
    Die = back to lvl 1 no gear/money etc.
  7. birdsong_pawn Augur

I suspect that the version of FTE that's on Test is the version that will be launched on Oakwynd.

The test server doesn't seem to be for development or finding bugs: patches are launched on the test server to make sure they don't cause major problems like a server crash. Historically, if a patch boots up on test and the server doesn't catch on fire, that patch is moved to other servers as-is.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is not true, while it might not catch and get all bugs fixed there are most certainly cases of bugs getting fixed before going to live after being found on test. With how important this feature is to the next TLP you can be sure that they are going to be working to get as many of the bugs as they can fixed.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just like they do with beta server and expansions....
    SnapVine and birdsong_pawn like this.
  10. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Maybe they could have started with the most basic obvious bugs....Guards not helping you with FTE...pets actually taunting. They didn't even test it for themselves.
    Hobitses, 7arami, SnapVine and 3 others like this.
  11. Kraked Augur

We all know, or at least anyone who has played for 20+ years that "Common Sense" is not anywhere in the company.
    If it were, testing would have been pushed onto test back in April or earlier.
    I fully expect the current version or something close to be pushed onto Oakwynd because any realistic person knows they will never be able to fix the current bugs they have found in 2 weeks, let alone the bugs the come from fixing the bugs.

A change of this magnitude takes months to push correctly with people who know the code, let alone people who do not have any clue about the code or "Spaghetti code" as people put it.
  12. Lynada Journeyman

There is also the group of people who just come here to play devil's advocate and get a rise out of people, can't forget about those.
    Stymie and birdsong_pawn like this.
  13. HealBigBoy Journeyman

I agree unfortunately. They have to fix pet/tank aggro though. Right now tanks are having a hard time keeping aggro from other dps in the group. Enchanter pets do not tank at all (we can live with this, what clerics like healing pets anyway). But yeah, they need to at least address the tanking and then I believe they'll push the rest of the problems to Oakwynd.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Bugs do get caught and fixed on the test server just not every bug will be able to be fixed in the short time between the test patch and live patch.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I agree that it is concerning that those bugs didn't get caught and fixed in the testing before it was pushed to the test server.
    7arami likes this.
  16. Nuttmeg Augur

17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I wasn't talking about live, I was talking about beta.....5 months on and the expansion still has bugs, raids/missions aren't working as inteneded. Need I say more?

FTE is no more likely to be fixed in more of a timely manor than the new expansion releases.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I also stated that bugs still get to live after being found on test. It was a simple statement that bugs can and do get fixed between the test patch and live patch.
  19. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Old school players post on forums younger players voice their opinions on Discord/Twitter. Why don't you go take a look at those before assuming this. However it is true to an extent on what you are saying, but there are far more variables involved than you think.
    Wyndar likes this.
  20. Lawyer Augur

Key words there "a few other people". Key word = few.

Generally speaking businesses try to make a profit. This feels like a vanity press album by a record producer's side band.