Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Koniku Elder

Why wouldnt they promote both at once? Why are you so triggered by the mention of oakwynd?
    Rijacki likes this.
  2. Heirauz Journeyman

Man so their new announcement is just completely tone deaf lol
    Did they even read this thread?
  3. Jontrann Augur

Someone higher up in the company definitely wants this server released as is.
  4. Aerodru Apprentice

Very tone deaf. And I'm sure somebody internally is following this thread. But I'm sure it's just to make sure nobody is slinging slurs and insults at one another. They've already demonstrated that they don't care about actual concern that have been presented in this thread.

I'm not here to question what folks choose to do with their money, but Oakwynd, like all TLPs, requires All-Access to play. Why anybody would pay to essentially be a QA tester for what is demonstrably a broken mechanic on Test is beyond me.

If anybody actually thinks all of the concerns that have been found in the past 24 hours with FTE will be addressed and fixed before Oakwynd launches... lulz. But hey, your money, you do what you want with it. Daybreak won't be getting me to re-sub for this nonsense, though, or getting me to buy bag packs.
    Critt, Khanfu and Jontrann like this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

What's tone-deaf? It is a repeat of previous announcements with a significant absence of the ruleset announced in the past.

Or is it that they haven't changed the server to Free trade, random loot, increased spawn, etc.?
  6. Heirauz Journeyman

Pretty much yeah, nobody wants Oakwynd as is, nobody is going to play it, the server is going to be basically DOA.
    Some people will play it, but only because they want to restart from the beginning, if you haven't seen the FTE in action, on the test server it's a disaster.
    Lawyer and Kraked like this.
  7. Kraked Augur

Went from crying about FTE to crying about bags... SMFH
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Aside from the FTE issues, I think Oakwynd's ruleset is perfectly valid and even encourages a more casual playstyle vs race race race run over everyone and make money with RMT. Others also like the ruleset or are indifferent to the ruleset and are even looking for a different type of game than the rat race.

Just because you don't get your way doesn't mean it's invalid or DOA. I just might not be the server for you.
    HealBigBoy likes this.
  9. HealBigBoy Journeyman

Even if you gave them exactly what they asked for, they'd complain ITS THE WRONG COLOR waaaah. Humanity is PATHETIC and needs to be eradicated. Myself included :p
  10. Kraked Augur

FTE issues aside, I disagree with your opinion.

The ruleset set forth currently without FTE would make for a decent server.
    However, You have it backwards in terms of play style in my opinion.

This server will encourage people to level additional alts/boxs on multiple accounts ( which is easy enough once you have a high enough PLer ). 1-35 I used to do in a matter of a few hours once you have everything setup.
    Thus means more AoCs being popped each time it cycles, it also means those individuals like myself will be popping AoCs during leveling sessions to kill named that have a chance to spawn / Fire Giants / etc.
    Characters who can solo named can simply create a new character to pop an instance with the ( 5) lvl 1 and ( 1 ) lvl 50 character and rotate through each box until they are A) out of instances or B) out of characters that can kill the named/content.

I do agree that this server is not for everyone ( specially with FTE ), but I do think the server in its current state it going to be DOA and with the DBG team not at least acknowledging the 1st day of testing concerns and sharing with the community at least a PoA or acknowledging the concerns on the community.
  11. Aerodru Apprentice

This is the most lackluster reasoning, ever. I award you no points, and we are all dumber for having read it.

Nobody is complaining because of a cosmetic issue, and nobody would be complaining about a cosmetic issue. This is a fundamental change to a core mechanic of the game.People aren't complaining for the sake of complaining. They're voicing concerns over a fundamental change to a core mechanic of the game.

When a company that has a history of flubbing coding in their own game decides to undertake a fundamental change to a core mechanic of the game, people may have concerns. Folks have interacted with FTE on the Test server, and it turns out, the concerns that folks had about a fundamental change to a core mechanic of the game were not exaggerated.

I underlined and italicized certain words in here, since you can't seem to grasp why people are concerned. Hope it's helpful. <3
  12. Lawyer Augur

I see the test server has affirmed this. There is still time to pivot to a more tried-and-true server ruleset.
  13. Lawyer Augur

Yes, this whole thing reeks of top-down decision-making by someone who doesn't really understand the game they own. Probably someone who played some WoW classic in the last year and a half, and decided they could just turn EQ's aggro system into that of WoWs by feeding some developers a couple of cartons of Jolt and asking them to work a few weekends.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

To me it smells of "lets fire the last few GM we have, what can we do to facilitate this?"
    Doze and Lawyer like this.
  15. Critt Augur

This is strange… we have proof that FTE is broken…We know it won’t be fixed for launch and some of you are still willing to fork over cash and play on a busted server…Is it the allure of making easy krono? I like a fresh TLP as much as anyone but the willingness to pay to test for DPG is truly mind boggling…No thanks, maybe next year
    Doze, Jontrann, Lawyer and 1 other person like this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Me & my wallet agree with you.
    Hopefully DBG have a far better TLP for the 25th Anniversary of this venerable game.
    Lawyer and Aerodru like this.
  17. Lawyer Augur

Oakwynd, named after a ranger because it will eat a Death Touch.
    Chikkin, pipedreams3, Appren and 4 others like this.
  18. HealBigBoy Journeyman

You're the first to go!
  19. Heirauz Journeyman

Sorry your parents don't love you
  20. Heirauz Journeyman

Explain to me how FTE could possibly work in a game where FD pulling is common