PRI/SEC Anchor - Guild Hall - Shorten The Cooldown

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, May 7, 2023.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Can this be revisited? Please?

Give us an AA or a Quest or something to shorten the cooldown for Guild Hall Anchors. 1h15m is kind of long.
    Ssdar likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How often are you porting?

On top the 2 anchors you have the guild lobby port, plus the Plane of Knowledge stien and brick if you do the anniversary quests. Thats 5 ports available to more or less the same area.

Origin also puts you pretty close to Plane of Knowledge, although some of those are a longer run than others depending on class.
  3. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I'm more interested in better outbound ports. I'd love to see a clicky item to port to guild banner placeable in hall, so the guildhall porter can be set elsewhere during raids. Also an exit straight to POK bypassing the lobby. More stuff in the spirit of the shabby lobby door.

I may be biased by access to druid port to guildhall on demand, to be fair.
    Ssdar and Fanra like this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

I vote for no port clickies at all. Remove them. Run or use a wizzie/druid, like back in the days before I became a grandpa. *shakes cane at kids on my lawn*
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

I also use Ethernere Travel Brew which takes me to pok, when Ive already used my stein.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=114014
    Ozon, Rijacki and Yinla like this.
  6. Szilent Augur

Philter of Major Translocation has no reuse delay
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Just an idea - maybe something to tie to the Hero's Journey? Knock off x-amount of seconds on the cooldown of these clicks for each expac traveler achievement you have set to a certain max value the way you do with run speed and leap ability timers tied on the achievements.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or just let dwarves have a shorter reuse time. Seems only fair.
    Tallie and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  9. Windance Augur

I am totally in favor of more ways to by pass the lobby.

A guild hall door to PoK sounds great.

Would love to see a guild hall clicky item with reuse timer similar to drunken stein. ~ 15m.

Someone suggested a new "guild hall" clicky item that dropped everyone to the same anchor position so we could retire 400+ individual anchors.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Ssdar like this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

ISWYDT :D
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

A self clicky to the guild banner would be awesome when I accidentally end up in PoK... =P
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Lubianx like this.
  12. Zarkdon Augur

Why even have a reuse timer? Travel shouldn't be miserable. If you miss old EQ there is project 1999. Otherwise let us just move easily.
  13. Knifen Augur

I buy 200 at a time, but still forces me to deal with all the Guild Lobby Zombies 8(
  14. Windance Augur

Guild Lobby Zombies ! :D

Its almost like they all intentionally AFK in such a way as to make "the great lobby wall" by which:
    YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

LOOK AT MY MOUNT , LOOK AT MY MOUNT!
    Rexa and Nennius like this.