Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Fippy is the only winner with FTE! :)
    7arami and HealBigBoy like this.
  2. Lynada Journeyman

so many issues, hilarious, and this isn't even taking into account all the new ways this all can be used to exploit content. I think the dev team has bit off more than it can chew, and the smart decision would be to pull the plug on FTE and keep working on it, on the actual test server, until its ready for deployment on an actual live server.
    KobalWR likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The state it is on test it looks like no one at Daybreak tested the basics, let alone the many other concerns players had with the system.

Fixable in 2 weeks, debatable, especially when you think of the amount of time they have taken to get it at this stage. :rolleyes: I'm dreading EQ live patch next week if this gets sent across with other files.
  4. Lynada Journeyman

I am actually not shocked at all. The current devs have very limited knowledge of their own game, even compared to people that work with a reverse engineered back-end. Any person with some experience could predict (and many have done so in this very thread) the majority of those issues, but some of them like newbie guards not assisting players, who knew that would get messed up.
    7arami likes this.
  5. Trox2010 Augur

Fippy should be the Pro-PvP Crowds new mascot, since he has shown no matter how many times you fail; if you beat your head against that wall enough eventually you can win.
    7arami likes this.
  6. Trox2010 Augur

Taking bets now on if FTE is actually pushed out with the Live Patch next week that it completely borks up all the other servers.

My opinion is that it will be so broken that it can't be contained and will make life super interesting on Live servers.
  7. code-zero Augur

Oh I think that they tested it without /yell but then decided to add that mechanic because of all the whining by people claiming to need outside assistance.

For years my view on outside healing and CC has been to let them die after a stint in a guild where I was expected to OOG pull for PL groups of other guildies alts
  8. Trox2010 Augur

The /yell change was pushed to Test last month; more than enough time to have tested even the most basic of issues with it if they had bothered. Especially if they had even paid the smallest of attention to the forums and Discord of possible issues with it.

Hell I was able to test the guard not helping nad low health aggro issue with maybe 45 minutes of testing last night. They couldn't have tested anything is only way FTE is this broken. Unless they knew exactly how broken it was, and just don't care; which explains why they gave zero explanation as to how they are expecting FTE to work.
  9. Agarikon EQ addict since '99

DPG's implementation of FTE is so badly broken on Test. I don't expect that they'll have the time to fix the numerous fatal flaws before Oakwynd launch.

I am hoping that DPG will decide to launch Oakwynd without the failed FTE experiment in place.
  10. Kazzuk Elder

Except now, we have ample proof it not only makes it easier, its so broken you cannot even defend yourself against said train...

Anyway, my only dig on what you said previously had to do with the developers and your claim they know the game mechanics and play the game..... Here is more proof they do not sir as some of these bugs took all of 5 minutes for me to find.
    Doze likes this.
  11. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Darkpaw or daybreak whoever they are now...seems to be quiet quitting lol.
    pipedreams3 likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

With the extremely broken state it is in right now I don't think we have an accurate picture of how it should be working. Considering that people can steal agro with something simple as low health agro suggests that the system is not working as intended.
    Rijacki and code-zero like this.
  13. Kazzuk Elder

/yell doesn't even factor into the major bugs I can FD a train on an afk group, and they will immediately attack said group, but are still locked to me, said group cannot defend themselves at all.... (said group was my other two boxes on test, just standing there facing the wall).
  14. Kazzuk Elder

We can only pray it is not working as intended! (I am fairly sure it is not as well, god I hope so!)
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There have been reports that people can still agro with low health agro which means that you don't even need to FD in order to have someone else take your mobs.
  16. HealBigBoy Journeyman

I mean...this is the development process. Most code is written in a vacuum and then pushed out to test for QA. It is expected to have ridiculous blatant bugs. When coding a method to spawn mobs its impossible to know how that will affect other systems until its tested. Unfortunately they're doing this 2 weeks before release?
    Rijacki and MasterMagnus like this.
  17. HealBigBoy Journeyman

haha remember this one?
    [IMG]
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. Kraked Augur

Peoples Expectations < Reality
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And the test server is after QA does their testing and I would expect most of the major bugs to be fixed before it gets to the test server.
  20. HealBigBoy Journeyman

Wow I was assuming (here we go again with assumptions lol) Test server was their QA step. The fact that ALL that got past QA...speechless

What is their QA process? Did it build succesfully? PASS