FTE a heaping pile of ....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kobin04, May 10, 2023.

1. Kobin04 New Member

After over 8 hours of testing with over 10 people in comms, split between 2 and 3 groups this is just a small list of some of the things we encountered.
    1) In some zones, we were the only ones in zone, mobs were locked for no reason and at anytime during our play-time the mobs never unlocked.
    2) Mobs that were locked to one group would break lock if an outside healer or bard got high enough on the aggro list SOMETIMES that group was able to attack said mob, sometimes they were stuck beating on an invulnerable god frog.
    3) When pulling with FD, the mobs would sit there locked to me but as soon as I stand, they unlocked (weird). If I stood, some of the mobs would be invulnerable to our other groups and some were attackable.
    4) Numerous mez/memblur songs and spells reacted different and often times weren't repeated to any kind of logical anticipation.
    5) Enchanter runes oog are OP until you get high enough on aggro and sit :)
    6) When training another group, even if the trainee died; the other groups were left to fend off the train and were unable to attack/mez/defend themselves.

There were numerous other odd items that occurred but these stuck out the most. This company took 10 business days to produce a half-age FAQ; do we really have faith they'll be able to fix numerous issues already found in the first few hours of FTE? This was in a controlled environment with everyone in comms, imagine a fully populated zone lol.
    Overcast451, Herf, Pigskin and 9 others like this.
  2. Kraked Augur

Great breakdown!
    The listed issues you posted, were most of what I encountered during my 4 hours of tests as well.

My biggest issue I found was :
    Quest NPCs and it reflects directly to #1 that you said, the quest NPC was locked and unable to be used in any fashion, wether it was doing a quest completion or engaging the target.

Everything else was to be expected but I am now nowhere near as optimistic as I once was about the launch of Oakwynd.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Have you posted this list in the test patch bug threads to ensure that a dev can see them in a timely manner?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-5-9-2023-new-bugs-only.290536/
    minimind, Fallfyres and Rijacki like this.
  4. Kobin04 New Member

To be fair, when I asked some of the devs about said issues and they told me they had no idea how sit aggro works or were even aware of the DD(Dot) portion out-damaging full groups, I kinda thought what's the use? Couple that with the high likelihood that they spent zero time testing their newest attraction; what's the use?
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it isn't worth posting in the bug forum in order to help provide issues that need to be looked at why bother posting at all?
  6. Kobin04 New Member

So people who haven't been on the test server and are pro-FTE can be told what they're getting :)
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It doesn't take much time to also add the same information to the bug posts after you type it up here.
    Herf and Rijacki like this.
  8. Kraked Augur

Almost everything he listed has already been said in discord/forum or in some fashion.
    Why repeat what has already been said?
  9. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Starting to think these Devs get paid minimum wage...They are willing to try anything and the consequences aren't thought about. I dunno why they thought this drastic of a core change to the game wasn't going to be a disaster. Mischief was chaos for awhile and that was just fiddling with loot. This is a way more complex issue.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Actually they are paid pretty decently by comparison to a broad average (so not necessarily a game as old as this). [NO as it turns out, they are not paid well]

And I would note, every time I have interacted with an Everquest Developer, they are very nice people.

There are far more factors at play than the developers and what they decide to do.
    Tarvas, Fallfyres, Hobitses and 2 others like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why just ignore posting bug information in a single place where it will do more good to help get things fixed?
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Kraked Augur

Since the bugs have already been addressed by others, I see no reason.

Also:
    Some of us do not desire to have FTE "Fixed" but instead want it removed from the ruleset alltogether, I myself am not going to assist DBG in fixing a problem they themselves created nor will I am required to provide them with any of the data that I gathered from my testing.
    If they were smart about the implementation of this they would have had it on test months ago, to actually provide adequate time to test and fix the necessary problems that come along with it.
    Instead they pushed this 2 weeks before a new TLP to have people test it when there is no way in reality for it to be fixed in weeks with the amount of bugs that have been found "So far" and given DBG's track record I would be willing to bet they will continue to find more and more bugs/issues as the testing continues.

DBG = "Daybreak" not "Dayfix" games.
    Overcast451 and Doze like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There have already been several threads created in this section of the forums about the issues with FTE on test, there really is no need to create yet another one and also not post the issues in the thread designed for reporting those issues.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Khanfu Elder

I said day one that this was not simple. So many situational variables to implement FTE in EQ. This is not something they will fix in a few day or months. It released on test even worse than I imagined. They need to just STOP, pivot to a new idea for this year, and take their lumps on this one.
    If they proceed with anything resembling what just hit test... sad.

It does not work in any way as intended and cant be quick fixed.

EDIT
    And people saying it will be fine... look at mischief. there were issues....

Its not the same at all.... Loot does not care if you have a pet, are FD, if there is a DoT applied, if there is social aggro, if your still killing another mob, if you have certain buffs, and the list goes on and on and on....FTE is complex and the state its in now trying to fix one issue may cause 2 more. It is not ready for TLP.
    Overcast451, Hobitses, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  15. Laronk Augur

There's not much use in argueing with him because Kraked doesn't want FTE to be a success by any measure he wants it to fail so it doesn't get implemented.

Unfortunately as an outsider who knows nothing of what goes on with the team working on everquest, It appears to me that they didn't even test this in their dev enviroment before placing it on test. I expected parts of it to be broken or there to be some edge cases but right now in this instant its not really playable.
    jeskola and Yinla like this.
  16. code-zero Augur

I think I understand, he's playing Forumquest and he's trying desperately to pwnzwer the "Daybreak fanboiz". In this he fails catastrophically as I find the bugs reported so far to be hilariously funny and attempts to say "I told you so" to be even funnier since absolutely no one "told us so".

Heck even when I was challenged to explain aggro I did it from the PoV of a Bard puller and never considered that sitting and low health aggro would play a part.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Go Take A Nap Augur

This is a bit of a cherry pick in attempt to save your position. A good portion of the bugs were indeed brought up well in advance of test environment release, if not the same day of FTE announcement.
  18. code-zero Augur

What exactly is my position?

Here, I'll tell you. It's that aggro mechanics are way to complex to be jerking around with and as a result there was no way a simple "training will be easier" take could be anywhere near accurate.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

For fact sake:

20. Khanfu Elder

Everyone get off these forums and go play test... for real... let me know all about it AFTER that...

It is a mess.

They can not put this on a TLP.

Who will invest in a Mage, Necro, BST, or chanter if pets DONT work correctly for 2-3 expansions.
    Does taunt work 100% as intended?
    Why are there still trains?
    Do these devs even understand how aggro really works?
    How are FD mechanics working at the moment?
    Its too much to list.. and so much more to be discovered.

FTE is not working as intended... not even close. This is not a 2 week fix. It needs real testing.
    Hobitses, Fractalis, 7arami and 6 others like this.