Test Update 5/9/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 9, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is scary, I have no clue on the workings behind the scenes and my greatest fear is getting the game to a point where I cannot play seems more and more likely of becoming a reality.
  2. Lynada Journeyman

Unplayable even in the newbie yard. I hope this version of FTE doesn't get pushed to any other server, I hope people speak up about this enough, but I fear many have all but given up...
    Barraind, Crabman and code-zero like this.
  3. Mesozoic_mangler Scholar

Stuff saw with the FTE thing while testing broken mirror stuff at level 105.

1. Agro is extremely flaky. I was spamming agro on targets and having an auto attacking rogue pull off me as a shadowknight, the healer merc was pulling off of me as well even halfway through fights.

2. Our puller brought 3 mobs in, and died about 15 seconds into the encounter. We could attack and kill the mobs, but the mobs turned gray and gave no task credit. Later, I pulled and died as the tank, but was rezzed mid encounter, the mobs turned green again and gave credit. I do not believe the mobs turning gray if the initial puller dies would be an intended behavior.

3. Some of the tasks in open world had mobs that spawn linked to the group similar to how the * mobs work on early TLPs, (such as XXX's nemesis or XXX's challenger)if they spawned and proximity agroed the out of group shaman, they bugged and went agro and we got no credit.

4. The agro was EXTREMELY flaky when a pet was involved. At 105, the mage pets on normal servers hold agro very well, I can barely yank off a mage pet for long as a SK, but the pet seemed to have agro issues that were worse than my own when multiple melee characters were on a target, despite having taunt turned on.

5. We were attacked by all gray mobs we came near (there were other people in these zones fooling around and training/fading), but could not attack them.
    Koredan likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Layout converter will not run says it needs .net

No idea what or where to find that. :mad:

Not a good start in my prep for new UI on Wednesday. :rolleyes:
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im surprised you dont have that as I thought it was required for eq. Maybe that was for something else. Its a microsoft program. Dont ask me what it does though.
    https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework
  6. Mestik New Member

Please either reverse course on FTE as its pretty clear its not going to accomplish what your trying to do and is not a popular solution among the playerbase, or at least take the time to get it smoothed out and the clearly obviously broken aspects of it worked through in a proper test.

I have several friends who were looking to return with me here and one of them is already pushing back based on the early stuff on FTE, we were looking at this as something to do together for awhile like old times and with these decisions your killing that for us. It's hard to cheerlead for you while you continue to ignore the community and im asking you to please look at the feedback and reconsider. They don't want to pay to beta test unpopular changes to core mechanics that introduce new bugs, especially since this is the only TLP option your giving people.

Even those defending the concept behind what you were trying to do are dropping support after seeing the implementation. There is simply not enough time to get this right and test it in under 2 weeks.

Personally, I actually wanted to buy a bag before the change but im currently in a holding pattern while we are waiting for communication from the Dev Team, so hopefully you can announce whatever direction your planning to go and give players enough time to decide what they are going to do.
    HealBigBoy likes this.
  7. Lynada Journeyman

In it's current form, it doesn't solve any of the key issues it was set out to solve, and just adds a plethora of more issues on top of them:

A primary goal with adding this feature is to mitigate issues we've seen regarding kill-stealing and training in the early TLP experience before content becomes more instance based as the expansions unlock.

Until a version that does solve those key issues is successfully deployed to the test server and tested there, this should not be pushed to any other server.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They said anything about any of the many bugs found with FTE and when they might patch with some fixes?

Currently not worth trying to test anymore with the state it is in if they have already started fixing the issues.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

chill. I think it likely the new server launch gets pushed back till they fix it. And anyhow it seems like you wont like it even when fixed so just dont roll on that server.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think a lot are hopeing for a release on the date announced but without FTE. Either way it would be nice to know if we are looking at a delay or a release with or without FTE on 24th May.
  11. Moforyguy12345 Augur

If the company likes MONEY then they should probably NOT go thru with FTE this year. TLP's are their guaranteed money makers usually. Its strange to know a successful formula that will make them money yet they "experiment" with something that seems like they didn't actually test out for themselves AT ALL. And for the people saying they are going to play this even in its current form are just telling the devs their poor effort will be tolerated. I am all for trying FTE but won't pay money to "test" a 24 year old game.
  12. Zansobar Augur

There is no way they are delaying the server launch, players have already put in for time off. Delaying the server launch would be met with a horrific uproar. The best bet is to delay or cancel FTE altogether.
  13. Soulsiphon Elder

Yeah delay FTE and add a 2nd server like Mischief let's see finally what server type is more popular and put all these discussions to an end.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They didn't create the FTE idea as a popularity contest.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Open Oakwynd with no FTE and then launch a Mischief server in November with FTE. :D
  16. Scila Augur

Sitting on test looking at the new LayoutConverter. While I appreciate the work put into it, some of the items currently tagged with it clog up the screen and don't do much else. The Window Selector scales, but imo it's a game utility bar similar to the EQ button and shouldn't be a first choice for sizing. Inventory isn't something that is always player-facing and while nice, again is more utility. This may be personal preference, but I'd rather see player-facing heavy-use items scalable such as the actions, etc. One concern I have is those of us that have already scaled our hotbuttons when/if the time comes to include them, will we have to decrease them before we use the UI Scale? Some of us already enlarge/shrink them to accommodate screen size and usability options. Will we have the option in the new UI to continue to do so?
  17. kenmei Augur

Sounds like they listened to the cries of bored monks training their FD skill for something to do.. well now you can level up your very own Fippy while training FD!
    only took 25 years for a response, but game breaking response is still a plus imho, I mean...freeport orcs.. you really cant trust em now if a monk is in the zone. treat monks to play the correct way, fine motto.
  18. ikarinokamii Elder

please Agnarr to yelinak transfer, they have the same ruleset and yelinak is now past agnarr.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

All work on the UI revamp should literally be halted until the damn converter actually works. It is utterly impossible for people to covert their windows. The entire process is untenable at present, this needs to be rectified before any further work is done on this revamp. It should have been completed and 100% working before any of this even went to the Test server, much less having made it to Live.
  20. strongbus Augur

They should have never released it peace meal it should have been complete 1st and then released as a full working unit.