Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am sorry if trying to give the devs some credit about making a system designed to prevent training would not make it easier to train as people have been claiming it would do with no evidence.
    Critt likes this.
  2. pipedreams3 Journeyman

Yup, make an official announcement saying that the players requests have been heard, that FTE will take more time to develop and in the meanwhile we can play Oakwynd on the otherwise existing ruleset.

Nobody loses here. Pro FTE players are happy that their request will be further looked into, anti FTE players are happy because there's no FTE, and most importantly, both parties are happy because they feel that their voices have been heard.
    7arami, HealBigBoy, Kraked and 3 others like this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Oh no, this is much much worse than anyone predicted! No one at all said that it would leave player characters at the mercy of invulnerable mobs that I can recall. No one said anything about guards not touching a locked mob.
    7arami and Jardad like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would also add that no one suggested that things like low health agro or sitting would allow people to steal mobs locked to other players.
    7arami and code-zero like this.
  5. Jardad Journeyman

* snickers softly*
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Trox2010 Augur

Yeah it's like the devs looked at all the complaints on possible issues and said "Ohhhh we can do so much worse than that."
  7. Doze Augur

The following is from page 27 of this thread.
    MasterMagnus, Critt and pipedreams3 like this.
  8. Kayin New Member

My group of friends that haven't played in a couple years would very much like to see a Mischief-esque server that has random tradeable triple loot with the expansion stacking bonuses. It would be even better if the server started at Luclin. It wouldn't be a dealbreaker but relaxed TrueBox from the start, and making the stacking max level character bonus apply differently would be great.

Or even better imagine if we could pay $30 a month to box all characters from a single account simultaenously..
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I among others were proven 100% right.

Nobody predicted specific bugs or failures to code and test correctly against a design document stating the new feature requirements and specifications.

What I did was explain exactly what the MECHANIC itself was INTENDED to do based on the clear and unambiguous statement made by JChan. I was 100% right the first statement they made. And I was 100% right the second statement they made.

I told you I KNEW and nobody could prove me wrong.

Not by magic, not by quessing. And I showed my work. That was a lot of typing, and cut and pasting, so everybody saw every bit of factual information in one place.

The people making fun of The Scientific Method? You see where that left them.

I 100% predicted there MAY be bugs. Nobody predicted exact bugs. I explained how the MECHANIC AS STATED WOULD NOT DO WHAT THEY WANTED. And on every element of that I was 100% correct. The possibility of bugs also proved to be true.

It's interesting how people were saying "We can't know how it will work" before it was patched. Now right after everyone is able to know "It's broken". Broken versus what? Some nebulous "We can't know" or some concrete "Here's what they intended, and here's how it's not doing that".
    pipedreams3 and Agarikon like this.
  10. Doze Augur

True, some of us had the audacity to expect that the devs would do some basic testing to make sure that their code at the very least was working as intended in regard to the most obvious and standard aggro-aggravating situations ... but evidently that was not the case.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. Doze Augur

12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I agree, I am also shocked by the state that it currently is on the test server.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Captain Video Augur

This is my one primary takeway from the experience:

Fippy has finally figured out, after untold millions of deaths, how to stop the guards from killing him. We must begrudgingly acknowledge that he has officially won EverQuest.
  14. magikarp Elder

i'm ok with this, but wouldn't it be much funnier for everyone if they announce a *fourth* compounding system on top of the first-to-engage-legacy-evolving ruleset server with just 2 weeks to release?

ok /s
  15. code-zero Augur

You most certainly did not use the "scientific method".

You proposed some non-falsifiable hypothesis and have now declared victory

The fact is that it's much worse than anyone predicted. There are bugs within bugs.

I was extremely skeptical of anything messing with aggro mechanics myself and could see nothing good coming of it but I'm not about to proclaim myself the winner of Forumquest just because I called shenanigans on people who claimed special knowledge
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yeah, people said Einstein was wrong. They even set about to prove his 'non-falsifiable' hypothesis incorrect.

For a time Einstein even doubted himself. Until he disproved the disproof of his proof.

I, on the other hand, never doubted my conclusion based on verifiable facts, no matter how much others said it was wrong.

And here I stand again, not for the first time by far, proven correct by the devs themselves.
  17. Dalyrina Elder

LOL WHAT?

There's 146 pages of people asking them not to do this because there was 0 chance it would hit test/live not being a complete train wreck. In those same pages, you and others continuiously chose to ignore ALL of that, assured us the devs had it under control, and now you're attempting to rewrite that history?
  18. Jardad Journeyman

"Never enough time to do it "right" the first time , but there's "always" enough time to "right" the second time." silly, age old Tech quote from plaque i had above my work stations for decades. =P
    HealBigBoy and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I used to preach at my software development job, "If you haven't spent as much time thinking about it as you anticipate spending time coding it, you haven't thought about it enough".

Most everyone else doesn't like that. They want you all Tap-a-Tap-a on the keyboard, not staring off into space in deep thought. sigh...
  20. Chikkin Augur

wow, going back to my last post, and Code-zero's reply and the 2 pages of replies after.

Man, this does sound bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be there no matter what as a casual 3-boxer, and I'll just go somewhere else if it gets too bad with this FTE stuff.... but i'm just hungry for the level 1 experience.

If they gave two different server rulesets for options, I don't even know what the other ruleset would be, but I would be going to it, but if we only get 1 server, or 2 servers of Oakwynd, then man... well I'll just grin and bear it, and they'll just lose me (and a lot of others) sooner than if they strike gold again like they have in the past with some of their past TLPs.