Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. code-zero Augur

It won't just be for the train it'll be for exploiting a bug to train
  2. Kazzuk Elder

How would that be an exploit of a bug, /yell unlocks (semi-unlocks?) the mob so you can get help... that is working as intended if it unlocks the mobs hate list. Sure it may not be the intended use (definitely is not) but it is not a bug exploit either. It really is the same as the previous douchery where someone intends to train you, perhaps with a bit more evidence it is intentional but that is it.
    Doze and 7arami like this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

I count about 16 Oakwynd guilds on the recruiting forum now, seems healthy.
  4. pipedreams3 Journeyman

running and FD'ing? were people being banned before? no. Will they be banned? No. What nonsense are you talking about?
    Doze and KronoCatcher like this.
  5. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Can the Devs just lock this thread down already? Its just the same 6 people with the occasional random and its 99% not feedback at this point.
    KronoCatcher and pipedreams3 like this.
  6. Chikkin Augur

and too much to catch up on for the people who aren't currently reading the forums daily, or just heard the news and found this thread.

Someone could make a clicky-link table of contents for the highlights though (hah!)
  7. code-zero Augur

Here's the tl;dr

Some people think that FTE with /yell will actually make training easier and post at length while disparaging anyone who disagree.

There are a few others who having seen that the devs are on record as saying they intend to end training don't find the arguments of the previously mentioned group to be very convincing.

Were /yell a viable tool to facilitate training then expect a hot fix that would give the message "That is not a valid command. Please use /help" when /yell is attempted
  8. Kazzuk Elder

Well, FTE on test is totally broken, can drop a train on an afk group in lguk (My own, I am not a do*che) and the mobs instantly attacked the afk group when I fd'd, and you were unable to defend yourself....

If I fd a few times and get a memblur then they can attack, more testing in a bit but its way not working atm.
    Appren, 7arami, Doze and 2 others like this.
  9. Critt Augur

So surprised….
  10. Trox2010 Augur

Guards don't defend newbies anymore (even with /yell), and low health aggro will still pull a locked mob onto you.
    Appren and 7arami like this.
  11. brickz Augur

Reading Meeko's posts in the discord and I am losing any confidence I had in this server lol. Apparently you can taunt mobs that are locked. Also mobs are supposed to unlock if they hit someone not on their hate list. Which defeats the entire purpose of FTE because mobs should never attack someone not on their hate list. Also the fact that any mechanic at all would be only "partially working" when launch is 2 weeks off is worrisome to say the least

7arami likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This does suggest a lot of problems with the system.
    7arami likes this.
  13. HealBigBoy Journeyman

Yep, I am a little surprised to be honest. I would expect these types of issues to be with an early test not 2 weeks out from the launch. Would they swallow their pride and just remove it at this point?
    7arami likes this.
  14. Ohfuggle Elder

What happens when you mix out of touch ideas with intern level coders copy pasting ideas from another game? Oakwynd and the destruction of the EQ franchise.

I'm seeing feedback that is not even being/going to be reported and YIKES. Your investors are going to love seeing their largest revenue generator destroyed.
    pipedreams3 and 7arami like this.
  15. Thewiz Augur

FTE is a mess beyond what we all thought, lol. DPG, just remove it from the ruleset.
    7arami, Doze and HealBigBoy like this.
  16. TLP Addict Augur

Must be misinformation, ive been informed by multiple discord trolls that this server is DoA.
    7arami and jeskola like this.
  17. KronoCatcher Journeyman

Negative, they said "Hold my beer!"
    7arami and HealBigBoy like this.
  18. TLP Addict Augur

Most of your posts aged like Milk.
    Agarikon, Critt, pipedreams3 and 2 others like this.
  19. Heirauz Journeyman

If I were DPG .. I would scrap the whole thing and just do a free trade server and come back with a better idea next year.
  20. HealBigBoy Journeyman

I whole-heartedly agree. I am seeing more and more Mischief people I know expressing their intentions to play on Oakwynd. Point being, you're not cannibalizing your own game, those people WANT to start over and have fun grouping again.

DBG could save face and be like "Ok, we listened to you because we love our loyal player base, we're scrapping FTE!" Can you imagine how happy everyone would be?