Test Update 5/9/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 9, 2023.

1. EQ Dev Developer

May 9, 2023

*** Highlights ***

- The Encounter Lock feature has been temporarily enabled on Test for testing in preparation of it launching with Oakwynd.

*** Items ***

- Text has been added to evolving cloaks of the Selenelion to indicate which achievements are required to attain the next tier.
    - Fixed a typo in the lore text of Ferocious Pernach of the Khati Sha.
    - Achievements: Hero's Forge - Restless Ice Cloth. Fixed an error in the description of the chest/robe component.
    - Fixed several typos in messages seen when activating the Lingering Essence of Cazic-Thule.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Faded Restless Velium Short Spear and Faded Bloodied Luclinite Short Spear are now blacksmithing combines to better align with the source items used.

*** Quests & Events ***

- The Spirit Fades (Mission) - Opening the chest will now update the task, even if you have not completed the first step.
    - Many inhabitants of the Plane of Valor have relearned how to speak.
    - Harbinger's Spire Event: Made a speculative fix for cases when this event breaks.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed a typo in the description for Ringing Crystal Temple.
    - Fixed a typo in the cast on other text of Summon Sonic Wolf.

*** AA ***

- Form of Endurance XXXI, found on some Night of Shadows masks, should now work as intended.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Corrected an issue that would prevent level 120 mercenaries from showing illusory weapons.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Tiny Phosphene Cluster, Small Phosphene Cluster, Phosphene Cluster, and Large Phosphene Cluster now have the quest tag.
    - Made the following items quest items for randomized loot: Corrupted Drop of Focused Sunlight, Impure Drop of Focused Sunlight, Purified Drop of Focused Sunlight, and Pristine Drop of Focused Sunlight.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where Aradune players could not server transfer to Zek for free.
    - Fixed a bug that could prevent players from returning to the tutorial right after escaping.
    - Fixed a typo in the Veil of Alaris achievement West Sepulcher Traveler.
    - The /cast command's usage text is now more accurate.

*** UI ***

- The following windows have been converted to the new UI engine: Inventory, Quantity, Selector, and Story.
    -- Custom Suite XML implementations of these windows will continue to work as expected but will now generate a warning in UIErrors.txt suggesting that you remove this file in favor of either a custom, or the new default UI implementation.
    -- Converted windows can be scaled using the slider in the Display tab of the Options window or by using the /ui scale command.
    -- Converted windows can be docked to other converted windows by moving them close together. Their edges will snap together to allow for ease of positioning.
    - A tool to support the conversion from Suite XML to the new UI format has been included for optional installation in the LayoutConverter directory of the EverQuest client.
    - Changes to the UI scale will now persist between logins.
    - Fixed a client disconnect when trying to go directly into the tutorial after creating a character.
    - Fixed display of inventory slot highlights.
    - Corrected an issue where new UI windows failed to observe the correct window boundaries when switching from a low to high resolution.
    - Updated spell gems to display their spell icon when dragging to or from a hotbutton.
    - The Layout Converter no longer requires custom UIs to contain an EQUI.xml file. It will look for this file in the default UI folder.
    - Corrected missing recast-time tinting and tooltips on the new Inventory window's slots.
    - Corrected an issue where scaling new UI windows caused temporary visual oddities.
    - Fixed an issue that would result in a right-click in-game applying to the window's title bar.
    - Fixed a bug that showed reuse timers on items without one.
    - Using auto-inventory from the Inventory window now correctly updates the cursor.
    - Updated the Inventory window to hide the Heroic upgrade UI pieces if the player cannot upgrade.
    - Fixed an issue where summoned items' icons would show at a previous cursor location instead of the current until moving the cursor again.

- Changed -
    EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml

- The EverQuest Team
    minimind, Skuz, Kazzuk and 1 other person like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is there an idiots guide to converting the UI anywhere?

Will converting the UI just do 1 char or all of them?
  3. Harkoes New Member

So I just used a couple of my chars to test the FTE that just went in on test... I can currently take a FD class round up a bunch of mobs and drop them on someone else... They will immediately start attacking that person but stay locked to the FD class... You can't do anything to defend yourself.....

This is not good...
    Koredan, B0HICA, pipedreams3 and 4 others like this.
  4. Kazzuk Elder

FTE does not seem to be working or enabled.
  5. Cadira Augur

You guys forgot Reaver's Bargain again.
    bbanz, Ozon, Syylke_EMarr and 2 others like this.
  6. Kazzuk Elder

No I was able to kill all but the one yelled, but yeah its definately broken/misimplimented
  7. Drakah UI Designer

Looking at the date in the notes of May 17th... if we are going Live next week with part of the New code... how can you implement that yet when we don't even have a working "custom" folder yet for the game to actually look at to work off of? Aside from the "Layout Converter" doesn't really work at all yet. I cannot even get even 1 window working, let alone a fancy skin yet :)
  8. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

Can confirm. Same happened for my test group.

Also healing someone with FTE will turn off FTE if the healer pulls aggro.
  9. jeskola pheerie

Sounds like my workplace so expect it to go live with no changes.
  10. Trox2010 Augur

Guards will not help newbies (even if you /yell) anymore, and low health aggro will still pull the mobs of the other person even if they don't /yell.
  11. magikarp Elder

confirmed saw fippy darkpaw deep in qeynos on a stroll. guards won’t kill him or any other mobs even if no players are engaged, it seems
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Like many others, I've long respected your UI work. I am fearful of concerns from note worthy UI creators being forgotten about in all of the noise about Oakwynd and FTE.
    Ssdar and Ozon like this.
  13. BetaFTE'r New Member

FTE seems locked to only the original puller. If they pull a mob in to camp and we assist them and then they(the puller) leaves the group only the puller can continue to keep the lock even though we have aggro on the mob too. Is this intended? Seems weird to have aggro on monsters I'm now unable to assist on who can hit me. I feel like the lock should extended to all those who have aggro on the mob.
  14. ForumBoss Augur

The UI scaling on the text elements in the new inventory UI look great. The item icons leave a lot to be desired, though I suspect the scaling will be a huge benefit to those with uncorrected vision or 4k laptops. Would it be possible to AI upscale the item icons to the maximum scaling factor, then downsample the icons for the lower scaling factors?
    B0HICA likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is a big concern especially for those of us who have no clue on code.

Converting is going to be a big issue and come Wednesday next week there could be a lot of players with an unplayable game due to not knowing what they are doing.
  16. BetaFTE'r New Member

When a chanter is sorta close to a mob and sends his charmed pet the mob ignores the charmed pet and charge the chanter. Standing further away seems to make the mob focus on the charmed pet though.
  17. NImxat Elder

Confirming as above: Players trained under FTE are attacked by the mobs but cannot defend themselves.
    Guards will not help players attacked by mobs.
    Koredan likes this.
  18. Angahran Augur

The 'LayoutConverter' appears to be a complete waste of time at the moment.
    Simply pointing at the 'default' UI gives almost 30 errors and over 1000 warnings!

This thing should be able to, at the very least, take the existing 'default' UI and successfully convert it to the new engine with no errors, no warnings.

Then, maybe, people can start looking at how to convert their custom UIs.
    Emilari and Yinla like this.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

So we're halfway to a new expansion and they're doing squat about the class balance and lag issues. Very disappointing.
    B0HICA and Cadira like this.
  20. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's almost like our concerns about the useless Layout Converter in the original Test patch that were dismissed because "we had time" should have maybe been addressed sooner. :rolleyes: