Weapon Search by Ratio

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xanbar, May 7, 2023.

1. Xanbar Augur

When searching for weapons using the Bazaar Search Window if the stat is Armor Class or Hit Points or Agility etc. then multiple weapons that match the search criteria are shown e.g., 10+ entries for "Hooked Staff of Gantru". However if the stat is Ratio then only one entry is shown. This does not seem consistent to me and perhaps it would be considered a bug by the DB team. The server is FV. Mentioning that in case this occurs only on that server as I have not tried it on others.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Just tried on Xegony and got multiple listings for Bard - 1HP - Ratio and Bard - Any Type - Ratio. Looks like it works here.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Need to expand more info on this.

What exactly are all your search criteria and filters? What exactly are you expecting to be in the results that is not there?

Some screenshots help to confirm what you are seeing vs what someone else may see if there is a difference in reproducing.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

What I am observing on FV baz search is a result overflow (and/or maybe the item de-duplication algorithm they added) because of the nature of FV and everything is tradable, there are too many items to show based off general filters. For some reason, the "there are too many results, use more filters" system message is not being displayed.

A. Specific search for Hooked Staff returns multiple traders.
    B. General search for 2H Blunt returns 1 trader for Hooked Staff, also adding Class and Stat filter did nothing to change the result so the stat filter has no bearing.
    C. Specific search for 2H Blunt level 115-120 reduced the number of results enough to return multiple traders for Hooked Staff, and again adding Stat filter did nothing to change the results.

This appears to purely be an overflow issue because FV has so many items for sale. Make sure to narrow down precisely in order to get proper results back.

[IMG]
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This appears to be something that specifically happens when searching by "Stat: Ratio" and then sorting the results by the Ratio column. I noticed this awhile back on Thornblade TLP, but can also see it happen on Erollisi Marr.

Initial, unsorted search (note the item "Bladed Limb Lopper" as an example):
    [IMG]

Sorted that same search by the "Ratio" column:
    [IMG]
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Purely adding Ratio doesn't do it, but yes sorting by Ratio triggers it. I went back on FV and saw this too, so it's not server specific. I would guess that because historically that field has been an integer, when they added ratio which is a float, it's causing havoc with the dedupe algorithm or something.

As long as the Ratio field is primary sort, it will do this every time you submit a search. If you resort by any other field and submit the same search it will return all the results again.

But if OP's not from sorting, then its the standard "only showing 200 results because there are too many" which is by design.

A bug would be its no longer telling you theres too many results and to refine your search.
    Skuz and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

I can confirm this. I can do 1 search and when you sort by ratio or quality it shrinks the list down smaller and removes duplicates for the field you sort by. If you do another search without changing it after sorting by one that removes duplicates it will still bring back the filtered list. However, if you change the sort value to plat or something else it will then stop removing the duplicates.

I think this may have been done on purpose but they didn't think through the action. If one person is selling 5 of the same items and you sort by ratio it removes all of the duplicates and leaves just 1 item by this person since those 5 duplicates all had the same ratio. The same goes for the qty slot if you sort by it and you have 5 different vendors with 5 different items but they are selling quantity of just 1 each it will filter the list of different items to 1 item with 1 slot but if there is 5 items with 1 qty and 1 with 2 quantities it will filter the list down to 2 items one with the 2 and one with the 1.

I have only tested this on ratio and qty but my guess it there could be others fields. I can confirm plat, gold silver, copper, and trader do not have this issue but have not tested all of them.
  8. Agrippa Augur

I've screwed myself over countless times with this wonky method of /bazaar searching. The Bladed Limb Lopper being a good example of why shown above. Note that only one of the most expensive weapons shows in the more filtered search. By default, the *least expensive* item should show. In that example, there were obviously multiple ones available. Is there any certainty at all for using the bazaar? Doesn't seem reliable at all.
  9. Nenton Augur

Skuz likes this.