What EQ monster would you want as a playable race?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, May 2, 2023.

1. Hegsheoshed Augur

Wouldn't it just be the same as the enchanter invisible man pet with an illusion?
    Alarya likes this.
  2. Hegsheoshed Augur

Project M. I'm surprised no one else mentioned it.
    Alarya and Dartaniun like this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Only if they get eight ring slots.
    Alarya likes this.
  4. Fraknor New Member

I would love to be a Rallosian Ogre like the ones from Toskirakk and Korascian Warrens. They look so cool especially since they are the version of ogres before they were cursed with unintelligence from invading the Plane of Earth.

I wish I had the option to choose them instead of the normal Ogres lol.

Or I would love an illusion too!
    Alarya likes this.
  5. Iven Antonius Bayle

November 2001, TSoV. It was so much fun but also a bit pointless. The Shroud system from DoD was the succesor and I really hope that it will get revamped some day.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Project_M

Shawn Lord (GM Azaliil) at the left side with Todd Schmidt (GM Hobart) about Project M:

Alarya likes this.
  6. Relit New Member

Project M... That was a great idea, but never fully realized. I was on the Test server when they rolled it out for trial. The devs at the time envisioned a leveling system to advance zone to zone. It was meant to prop up the PVP aspect of EQ that died fast. They had just ran all the PVP Best of the Best and gave out custom titles. But that didn't save PVP. Shouldn't of removed the auto grant Book of Discord to new toons. Kind of miss tricking ...errr guiding newbies through the turn in quest.

updated to add: I would totally pay a premium for access to a TLP server with this implemented as a feature!!
    Alarya likes this.
  7. Relyn Lorekeeper

Flying Carpet.
    Alarya, Yinla, Svann2 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Chikkin Augur

Ya Aviaks, my vote.

Although the TD Rainbow ones are pretty cool looking. (so assuming same model, just lots variations like Froglo..er. Guktan have)
    Alarya likes this.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

No votes for Alaran. Mysterious lore, a truly pretty expac setting, challenging group and raid content - VoA is a pretty under-rated expac. Maybe it's aliens overload slaughtering hordes of the same mobs, like Gnomes and Robos in Secrets of Faydwar.
    Alarya likes this.
  10. ForumBoss Augur

original froglok model
    aviak
    swinetor
    Kerran
    centaur
    Dyn'leth, whatever he is
    coffee349 and Alarya like this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Alarans would be pretty cool (Dzarn would disagree I think), they even have their own pantheon.
    Alarya likes this.
  12. Relit New Member

As an answer to the original question, with regard to an actual playable race and not just some illusion.

Runic Tattoo Nihil

As a model, the current just needs a better animation skeleton, current is very generic.
    The character creation potential is similar to the Drakkin. Different glowing tattoo patterns would be fun. Add in a changing neon color racial trait. Cosmetic for fun, maybe simple "Jum Jum" style quests each building on prior quest to open next color choice, comedic in nature.
    They are relatively cute and lend themselves to more arcane class types like, Mage, Wizard, Necromancer, Enchanter. Druidic by natural affinity so, Druid, Shaman, Beast Lord. Fragile to a fault defining the caricature of paper tank incarnate, Rogue, Ranger.
    Decent existing Lore, fairly easy to hook into a storyline that allows playability.
    Last but not least, you could pay wall access. Tie into "Gold" account to open, can still play once silver. Would encourage at least a one time monthly just to open the option.

Hope this gets a looky-loo as it is a more serious look at a viable "Playable Race"
    code-zero and Alarya like this.
  13. Chikkin Augur

Kerran good to, but since we have Vah Shir, ehhh

same with Froglok original....but with Guktan, it's another ehhh.
  14. Mitsune Lorekeeper

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    (64 Mpix version: https://t.co/lmzjHr2sSz)

It's not technically all masks but rather a 100 faces collage I did for the 20th Anniversary. I do have 100+ masks, though.
    Sissruukk and coffee349 like this.
  15. coffee349 Journeyman

Nice collection.