EQ 25th Anniversary - Mayhem Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Faytal, May 6, 2023.

1. Faytal New Member

Not playing this year. Let's hope and pray DBG listens to their player bade and give us the TLP we been asking for for years since Mischief

Mayhem Server-

* Free Trade
    * Random Loot
    * 50% Increased experience bonus from the start
    * Classic Launch 30 days then 60-90 day expansions going forward.
    * Beastlords/Berserker from the start.
    * All race/class combos from the start.
    * Vanicki/Mischief combo type server.

For all of you who think I should just play on Mischief, just leave your negativity at home. And stop hating on people who did not get to start Mischief from the beginning.
    Crabman, Appren and Jakken like this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No, thanks.
    Baulkin likes this.
  3. Faytal New Member

What are you afraid of? These ideas seem legit. May need some tweaking but overall looks like a good ruleset.
  4. Jakuk Lorekeeper

I love it. Yes for me.
  5. Haldi Elder

They should make this server instead of Jokewynd. This year's TLP is an absolute joke. Noone was advocating for this FTE garbage. Way to go DBG on turning old time players away from your games.
  6. Shakara Augur

Oakwynd is underrated. FTE has stolen the spotlight but there is a lot of interesting implications in its ruleset other than FTE.
    Rijacki and Fallfyres like this.
  7. Yogafire New Member

The only way Oakwynd becomes underrated, is if they add Free Trade and Random Loot. Otherwise it is a junk testing server that I and 100s of others won't be spending $$$ on bags or subs unless they do add the free trade.
  8. Obliteration Elder

FTE sounds awesome, it's fantastic in eq2
  9. Olestra Elder

I would love to play a zerker from the very start! i'm in
  10. Appren Gnomercy

Sounds good to me!
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would 100% play on this server, but I would prefer to see Free Trade* limited to group items, raid items could be heirloom as per Oakwynd if they try the Legacy character system on it.

I would also like to see group currencies see a boost on this TLP such as those Oakwynd is getting.

I would actually be 100% fine with group gear on all future TLP servers using Random Loot & Free Trade, I just hate the idea of Free Trade on Raid items.
  12. Dartaniun Augur

They'll release an official P99 server with the old UI and spell book in your face
  13. Shakara Augur

Legacy XP is a very interesting concept and placing lockout on individual characters give people who want to make many alts much better incentives. More alts means more replayability which means more people playing.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Kazzuk Elder

EQ2 was designed with it from the get go in the core code, EQ was not, and many many events would be broken to heck if implemented in the EQ2 style. Heck even what they tried to implement for testing is so broken it is not playable, mobs can attack you but locked to each other and you cannot defend yourself, cant get help from NPCs, etc.