Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Kraked Augur

Aww, Sounds like some hurt feelers here!

My opinion to your response:

FTE is currently unknown in regards to training, but to assume it will eliminate any of it is ridiculous and you aren't even using any kind of imagination.
    Training will still happen, it is a fact and you are wrong to suggest otherwise.
    The FTE mechanic itself will determine how it will work, but it will happen regardless.

Yes, cheating / 3rd party software will be the new META for named sniping because they will have the capability of looping macros, faster than a keypress will allow.
    This also depends on the FTE mechanic itself and how the functionality works.

Desirability:
    So instead of 6 mages sitting on 1 location, they have 6 spread out throughout picks.
    Regardless if they miss (1) cycle, they have the capability of 6 named within 28 minutes compared to 1 every 28 minutes. ( They also can just notated the spawn death and rotate all picks anyway )
    I may find n open pick to put my "Box" but why, when movement is the most chaotic part of boxing without 3rd party software. The group is effectively killing the PH's, since if they named doesnt spawn I wouldn't even kill it if a group is in location.

I am not hopeful with this change to 25 year old mechanics, seeing as DBG has enough issues with small game changes I do not put much faith in them.
    If it somehow works, cool but I doubt it.

EQ is always toxic at the start of the TLP, it is part of the nostalgia in my eyes!
    Doze likes this.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

Yep, Classic has a bunch of toxic camps on every TLP, Jboots, GEBs, FBSS, SMR, DE mask, bunch of others but ppl get the drift.

Kunark is Fungi camp, Heiro cloak, Chardok named sniping, Droga CoS/Idol camp, HS key (better with random spawn but people would still try to KS) With the VP key being one of the most toxic quests in all of EQ

Velious is mostly raid stuff, wake or don't wake sleeper, maybe some bits of ring/shawl quests but don't remember it being too bad by then, maybe some arguments over tailoring mat farms.

Luclin Did have VT key, especially ME and FG but those have been fixed.

PoP Had the Storms medallion bottleneck but that has been fixed.

I'm sure people will reply with a bunch of akshuallys but the main point stands that the majority of contested group content is gone by Velious, there might be a few camps here and there but by that time people have more zones to spread out into and a lot of people are raid logging.

So Velious and beyond most FTE drama is gone and you have all the bonuses even if not amazing they are better than most existing TLPs and you get to look forward to truebox being relaxed and then eventually removed if people actually stick that long.

But people insist on being all glass half empty instead of half full.
  3. Trident Elder

4. Lawyer Augur

Given the much more serious mischief that goes completely unpenalized on EQ servers, you can probably rest easy that -- even if that was against the rules -- nobody is going to do anything. Petitions will go in the circular file. So, just count on that being a way some people will play.
  5. Doze Augur

Both of these perspectives are an inaccurate description of the facts ... which is that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be ...
  6. Doze Augur

No, "War Games" (but from the same early 80's era of movies)
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

Explain how training is going to continue

DPG has explicitly stated that eliminating training was a goal so how are you going to keep them from doing that? I have long since gotten past being amused at all the very smart people telling everyone that they already know how to train with ONE WEIRD TRICK but they don't have anything.

If you figure out some way to train be sure that it is an exploit and your accounts will be banned and the exploit patched
    Zrender likes this.
  8. Doze Augur

Noone has to do anything beyond using the /yell command that DPG themselves added - which will not only makes trains possible, but will also gives the one training far greater control over where, when and who will be hit by the train.

Yeah, well ... that you (and a few others) lack the mental acuity to be able to see what is obvious to almost everyone else is pretty much a YOU problem.

So you imagine that DPG have been so nefariously devious as to make using the /yell command (that they themselves added) a bannable offence then?!
    Cool - and here I thought that DPG added the /yell command just to make it even easier for AE PL'ers to cause zone distuption by pulling everything without fear of someone else reclaiming any mobs from their overpulls - and only releasing them with their 3rd party /yell macros once they are in the AE PL'er camp so they can commence with AE PL'ing as per usual ...

I do have one additional worry if this is true though.
    Wouldn't this mean that whenever anyone used the /yell command then that would give valid cause for everyone else to roll a new ticket into DPGs mailbox?!

Irony may occur ...
  9. code-zero Augur

To answer the question, if somehow /yell can actually be used to train then you can expect to be banned for exploiting it.

Since /yell was described as providing a partial unlock I seriously doubt that it would included things like AE spells landing or social aggro kicking in and were that to happen then they would fix it or simply remove the /yell mechanics.

I noticed that /yell was added after much intense whining about "needing help blahblahblah" and as soon as they did it there was a lot of "hahahaha gotcha!!! /yell can be used to train!!!"

The Devs can read all of this and they can easily see all the egregious nonsense on stilts that is being propagated on the issue of training and /yell

I really want to see the mocking tells you get while your monk is lying there FD and your train doesn't do anything but wander away. I do hope someone gets some good video of that happening and shares it so we can all laugh at the disappointed trainers
    Zrender likes this.
  10. pipedreams3 Journeyman

Think about what you've just said.
    Player A pulls a tough mob. He goes /yell in hopes player B will help. Instead, player B ignores him and both players get wiped. Player A gets a res, then does the same thing to another person.

Do you think Player A should be banned from the game?
    Because that's basically what you're suggesting. "exploiting" the yell system? Well that's exactly what the yell system is for. To get help. Just because Player B died doesn't mean that it was person A's intention, and it's not really an exploit until you know the intentions of his pull.

If you think that staff is going to be banning people because they got /yelled then you must live in another world. I have been a necro for more than a decade, stealing mobs and camps left and right. a hundred times+ people have tried to report me but i've always followed the "there is no camp" law. Never even got a warning because there is no camp. Devs didn't implement FTE so they can be MORE involved, but the opposite. Nobody will get banned for exploiting FTE. I will even wager that taking the ghoul savant around lguk to CH other peoples pulls, or the encounter locking of bergurgle and other epic mobs will go not only unpunished by completely ignored, no differently than it is now. The only difference is that the victims can do nothing about it.
  11. Dartaniun Augur

Just for clarification, where was it announced that using the /yell command will automatically make the mobs aggro everything within aggro range? (i.e. act like FTE doesn't exist)

Unless I missed it somewhere all of these posts about how training will be made worse with FTE is just speculation and not a single person knows exactly how it will work.

I read the part about the /yell command that you can engage a mob that has had the /yell command used on it and help or even KS if you like, but if you don't engage the mob or help the person fighting do we know that the mob will aggro you since you are close to it?
    Zrender and code-zero like this.
  12. magikarp Elder

waiting patiently for test. we’ll be able to figure this stuff out and highlight it in a short time over there

hope its going ok for launch. although, my preference would be to delay if it’s not ready
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Page 133
  14. Dartaniun Augur

So without knowing exactly how long it will take the mobs to fully reset then it’s all speculation. Got it
  15. code-zero Augur

I think it's all wishful thinking by a small group of players who have been accustomed to training anyone who beat them in a DPS race.

It's raw panic at the prospect of not being able to take any camp or any mob that they want when they want
    Rijacki, Zrender and Dartaniun like this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

This should be on test just long enough to 'trial and error' the time and/or distance for full "Original Unlock".

And have fun with that.
  17. Dartaniun Augur

Agree with this. I feel like a lot of the complaining is because people might not be able to train anymore. I miss the play nice policy. I also feel like the vast majority still play that way and the vocal majority on here is just all the immature children
    Rijacki and Zrender like this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'll expect a full report from test about how that all works out.

Here's a fun Forum Quest anyone can try.

Tell us all how you think FTE mechanics will work. Quoting as much of the FAQ directly as possible. Just like I did.

The more your idea matches the exact words they used, the more you're on the right track. The more you say "maybe" or "they should" or "I assume", the more you're on the wrong track.

The more complicated your code approach the more it changes from existing code, the more you're on the wrong track.

The more you say "we can't know" the more you're telling everyone YOU don't know. I'm telling everyone I KNOW.

See how simple to know 100% for sure, rather than speculate? It's how I was proven right last time. Try it for fun. ;)
  19. Dartaniun Augur

How exactly? I'm curious
  20. code-zero Augur

Umm... reset after the mob has pathed back to spawn point
    Zrender likes this.