Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Ruhi Augur

we'll see

will it be possible all these bad actors will have the boogeyman software and every named everywhere will be ks'd? ancient luclin alien theorists say yes...
  2. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Camps are respected like executioner and weak exp grind spots that sometimes drop okay items. But when we get to the Frenzy and Lord and Archmagus. I can't even count how many times people have tried to KS or just over take the camp in general, that is including being solo or grouped. A very common scenario is this one. Example : lord group gets wiped and is otw back. They get back but now another group is showing up cuz they said you wiped. Now its become a situation where 2 groups don't even have to dps race now they can just try to tag first and take their time. I am all for trying this new "experiment" but the Toxicity is going to be extreme. Also someone said something about enforcing rules and how that costs money....ummm I played p99 for awhile and they GM their server regularly for free.
    pipedreams3 and Kraked like this.
  3. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

Lol your math is off. You wont have 1 necro to compete with, youll have another 5 necros, all with different owners, because all groups will be spreading out. You will never find an unattended named in any pick anymore because the people who used to be confined to plvling will now be auto contesting everything in hopes of making a fraction of what they used to. Making a fraction and also competing extremely hard, too. Should have just kept things how they were
    Kraked likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

All of this can happen today with the goal of out dpsing others instead of getting first agro.
    Zrender likes this.
  5. Leifer Augur

Pffft. It's not that expensive in the grand scheme. If its so worrisome, just make TLP servers with GM's policing them cost $30- or 2 Krono per month. Now THAT is an "experiment" I can get behind.
  6. Ruhi Augur

the make belief goalpost is ever changing with you lol

we'll see
    Zrender likes this.
  7. Kraked Augur

Having active GM's would be great, but I have not seen that since the Combine and Fippy TLPs.
    Even then, policing was mediocre at best.

Most of these individuals commenting are ones who will never be at a high value location during the chaos that is a TLP.
    We will likely be in PoHate/Fear before they even are in the zone that have any of these high value targets.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They used to have a server that had dedicated GM support and people paid more to play on that but it was eventually shut down and from what I remember it was due to how players treated the support team. That server costs $40 a month when it was running.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Zrender Augur

Not true. Most boxers are not going to be running 5 different VPNs in order to have 5 shots at the tag. Without the VPNs all their toons would be disconnected by the true-box code when they all fire their macro at the same time.
  10. Zrender Augur

I think there are a few things that people are missing about FTE. One, KSers no longer have a guarantee of taking a mob every single spawn, they will only get it sometimes which decreases the desirability of camp stealing (in my experience they also generally seem to have personalities that only allow them to fight if they know they will win via some advantage). Another, they can't then fall back to training people to wipe them repeatedly to take the camp. Third, they only get one shot at tagging, even if they have multiple toons, because true-box code disconnects when keys are spammed by multiple toons from the same origin. The last they can bypass via VPN but with additional cost and tedium. It'll generally be one shot per actual human player.
  11. Kraked Augur

KSers never had a guarantee lol... They had to compete for the kill.
    Having an AFK character and rotating to them every 28 minutes or whatever the timer is will not make NPC named stealing less desirable.

Training will still be capable and people who think FTE will eliminate it are being ridiculous and unimaginative.

Truebox Code :
    This is hilarious.
    People using multiple machines have already found out work arounds to the code and have since they implemented truebox and has even been mentioned in this thread.
    People who use VPN are doing so to box from 1 PC and are breaking the rules as is, those individuals will likely be suspended as they have done in the past.
    Trident likes this.
  12. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

But A!
    No, X.
    But B!
    No, Y.
    But C!
    No, Z.
    But A!
    Sigh...

Strange game. The only winning move is to not play.
    pipedreams3 likes this.
  14. Kraked Augur

TRON!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Solo Necro's with eyes have been running around sniping nameds for ever, IVU means they can skip nearly all trash in guk, then come kunark they maintain non KoS Chardok faction to run around there.

Typical PuG doesn't have the awareness, reaction speed or coordination to do anything about it regardless of ruleset.
  16. Stune Augur

I have a solution, just make each zone Instanced. I feel it is going that way.
  17. Trident Elder

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. This is embarrassing; stop for your own sake as this isn't going to play out like you imagine it will.
    Doze likes this.
  18. Arclyte Augur

the sky is falling

save us brad
  19. Kraked Augur

The coke is strong with this one!
  20. Zrender Augur

Typical uninformed and insulting reply with no actual facts. Same as the other guy saying "People who use VPN are doing so to box from 1 PC". Completely wrong. Likely doesn't understand the difference between VPN and VM. In your case you're probably implying that people will cheat to get tag but there's no meta for cheating that's not going to be easily flagged for account action. For training.. Uh, it's objectively obvious that they're not going to make training EASIER with FTE lol. As for the only other item I mentioned, the desirability of camp stealing with FTE, since you just replied with drivel, I can only reply to the other guy saying (regarding FTE tag fails) "Having an AFK character and rotating to them every 28 minutes or whatever the timer is will not make NPC named stealing less desirable" - actually, it does, if you only get every other tag or less you could probably find a better place to put your bot. But meh, whatever, I'm only even replying to this kind of insulting nonsense to support the testing of this type of ruleset. I honestly could care less what toxic types think.