Crypto mining tax coming to DBG for TrueBox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, May 4, 2023.

1. jeskola pheerie

Under that logic, they don't force anyone to play EverQuest just like U.S. crypto miners are not forced to crypto mine
    Koshk likes this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

I'm on it! Wait im lazy nm
  3. jeskola pheerie

Have you seen the setup of the people soloing plane of time in-era on TrueBox servers?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The amount of power used by someone using multiple computers to play Everquest is nothing compared to the power used by people running crypto currency farming setups. Trying to compare people playing a game to people running crypto farming as a business is just silly.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Koshk Augur

Of course it's silly.

But like many funny things, the reason it's funny is because it contains an element of truth. Both are pointlessly wasting power and producing heat. Obviously at a different scale. Yet the fact they're at different degrees of awful doesn't mean Truebox is not encouraging a bad outcome.
    ForumBoss, Appren and jeskola like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it also doesn't mean that Daybreak is encouraging people to play multiple charters or that Truebox should be removed.
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I want a tax credit for running my box army on a potato power bank.

Potatoes need nitrogen and phosphorus so run a tube out to the field and funnel your urine from the gaming chair to attain the "Urine Our World Now" achievement, it's like -100 to your carbon buttprint. Scale it with neighbors and maybe even get a government subsidy for your "farm".

[IMG]
    Jardad likes this.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Our wives wouldn't appreciate us doing that.
  9. jeskola pheerie

So you are saying this entire thread is just silly? ;)
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This thread missed April 1st by a wide margin.
  11. Duder Augur

Deathwalker
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

:)
  13. Hdizzle Augur

The gameplay requires it. Its not a solo player game.
  14. Hdizzle Augur

Also if you take off truebox i'll sub 3 accounts on your dumb wow server.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Gameplay doesn't require people to box, it is a multiplayer game for a reason.
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  16. AethDW Elder

Forcing players to play multiple PCs if they want to box on true box servers does seem to run counter to the representation in their annual report that “Environmental and climate protection are key corporate objectives for EG7.” since it’s just a completely unnecessary waste of power, especially on servers which have matured a bit so don’t have the population/login problems of new servers, but ya probably a few orders of magnitude less than that generated by crypto ;)
    ForumBoss and Skuz like this.
  17. Hdizzle Augur

That sentence literally doesn't mean anything. So you agree you need multiple toons? Waring Mc autoreply.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Seems that you are trying to twist what I am saying. Nothing about the game requires you to play multiple characters instead you are supposed to be playing with other players rather than your own box army.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. hellofriend New Member

There are people really trying to argue a truebox is not the near exact equivalent to a mining box?
    There are people really white knighting truebox at this point?
  20. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

There are multiple people on these forums that have nothing better to do than to take an opposing viewpoint of any idea they come across. You know their names. They are repeat offenders of this. They are unable to help themselves. I feel very sorry for them most of the time.