Crypto mining tax coming to DBG for TrueBox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, May 4, 2023.

1. jeskola pheerie

2. niente Developer

3. Koniku Elder

Thats got nothing to do with DBG and even with the dumb point you are trying to make here, from the article you posted:

Using data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration and U.S. Office of Science and Technology Policy, some of which are estimates, US crypto power usage was expected to exceed all power usage by computers in 2022.

EQ boxes are part of that 'computers' category there.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Lumiens Augur

Absolutely, krono miners should be taxed by this.
  5. Arclyte Augur

i need an adult
    CatsPaws and Nennius like this.
  6. pipedreams3 Journeyman

Wait does this kid think krono is a cryptocurrency or something? LOL what is going on here.
    minimind, CatsPaws and Nennius like this.
  7. Trox2010 Augur

Basically he is trying to say DBG's True Box is equivalent to a cryptomining farm, since you are technically supposed to use more than 1 computer if you are going to box. Pretty much it is an extremely far-fetch in an attempt to get DBG to drop True Box, so he can run multiple groups off his one computer.
    Rijacki and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Yes

No, that would be unrealistic
  9. jeskola pheerie

"Currently, cryptomining firms DBG does not have to pay for the full cost they impose on others, in the form of local environmental pollution, higher energy prices, and the impacts of increased greenhouse gas emissions on the climate," the White House says of the proposal.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

DBG doesn't force players to use multiple accounts.
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Crypto farmer
    [IMG]

EQ Player:
    [IMG]
    Mashef, Rijacki, Alarya and 3 others like this.
  12. Faytal New Member

Quick submit all the info you have on DBG violating this new law to the white house, see if they do anything. Biden will request a kickback in the form of 200k a month to his personal account, and everything will be fine and dandy. DBG will continue to use the Truebox code.
    Appren, jeskola, Kraked and 1 other person like this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

And alert the media. Let's all put on out tinfoil hats and head to Area 51, etc. The OP is obviously having an issue that I am not qualified to assist with.
  14. Vlahkmaak Augur

Typical leftist assault on the free market and individual choice. This can only be reversed by launching Oakwynd in Luclin Era ;) ;)
  15. Jardad Journeyman

eco friendly , do this times 2

16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

FIFY....

(bonus points if anyone recognizes the setup... this predates "truebox" rules)
    Covennx likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I recognize it as a random pic I copy/pasted for the joke. :D
    Rijacki and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  18. Trox2010 Augur

Where did you get a pic of me setting up all my necro and bard boxes to lock down EVERY prime target on Oakwynd? True Boxes of course since I don't want to break any rules.

Edit: Necros to snipe the Rares that drop sellable loot, and bards to kite the ones with No-Drop until I can get a buyer.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Hmm it seems to have broken the image, I'm uploading to a different host
  20. Koniku Elder

The real harm that the truebox policy inflicts upon the 6 boxers is that they cant ever bring a date home