rangers and archery

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Rooksmirk, May 3, 2023.

1. Rooksmirk Journeyman

Hello adventurers,
    when do rangers get powerfull with archery? i don't think it s in classic tho. Is it only with AA points ?
    I am wondering about making a ranger for this new tlp incoming. But if it only becomes interesting with archery at a later expansion, i might make another main before.
    i have already made a few rangers on previous tlps but never past lev 50 tbh. Not sure if it s worth it beyond .
    Any feedback from experienced rangers appreciated.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

TLP forum probably better to get responses about TLP experience.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/time-locked-progression-servers.21/
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I play a ranger on live and personally while it was fun on lower levels I feel the bow really really was impressive after level 85. Its the AA (not just for shooting but others), the arrows, and the bows you can get that bring it to what its capable of.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Ditto. I played ranger back pre-GoD and brushed some of the rust off her not too long ago and got her to 90. The difference with the bow after 80 and 85 vs where I had left her just shy of 65 so long ago is.. stunning even without the best in slot stuff. There are a lot more arrow/archery spells, not just AA or gear, post 80 and ranged stands on its own.

Secrets of Faydwer is max 80 and Seeds of Destruction is max 85. I don't know specifically which era the better spells and equipment come from. (I haven't researched to that extent yet before my first TLP). But hopefully that will give you a baseline.

From what I have heard, Classic and Kunark rangers did decently but maybe not ranged as much (I started playing with SoL). There are a lot of weeks/months between end of Kunark and start of SoF in the Oakwynd ruleset. However, rangers were still good melee and tank in a pinch.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

Level 61-65 in Planes of Power. AAs do matter but also the quiver haste bonus, the bow itself and the used arrows. This is maybe the best non raid bow in PoP. It is even better than the Bow of Storms which is TSoL raid gear and the Bow of Contortion which is PoP raid gear. All drop parts of this crafted bow do drop in PoA and are rather easy to get.