Is it possible to expand the size of a fellowship?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AbsolutelyFabulous, May 4, 2023.

1. AbsolutelyFabulous New Member

A full group of us play EQ together (three couples so six people) and we are getting to the natural point where we have a favorite alt we like to play, but the fellowship is limited to 10 characters. Is it possible to expand that to twelve?
  2. Brickhaus Augur

It already is 12, not 10. No change needed.
  3. AbsolutelyFabulous New Member

Ah, I see, we have more than one alt per person in it then.
  4. Xhartor Augur

This comes up on veteran forum from time to time. The general response is that if you want more then 12, create a guild. I do agree the 12 limit is rough when have handful of different player in the fellowship and each would like to get some boxes and alts in also.
  5. AbsolutelyFabulous New Member

Yes, 12 is a little tight. Don't need a lot more but a few would add significantly to the quality of game play.

And the guild idea is good, but worthless if you are already in a guild. And the bigger the guild, the more friends and family it is, then the more you have people who join and drop so the more the 12 character limit hurts. We have taken the pruning shears to ours and still have 13 toons on our A list and a few more people want to add.

If there was a quest, an AA, an item to be purchased, etc. to expand the fellowship size, then I would consider it.
  6. jeskola pheerie

They have pills and surgery for that but I think it's all BS
  7. Stune Augur

Guild banner, otherwise, it becomes abused.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fellowships were expanded once already, the devs have already said they have zero interest in increasing it any further.

It was never designed around players with tons of alternate characters, original intent was just a single group of mains who are close friends so one or two of them didn't fall behind if they missed a few evenings of play.

The Alt fanatics however have long seen it as something they should be allowed to abuse to level their alt army - there is already plenty of room given for that, so either get used to swapping alts in & out & not being lazy or create multiple fellowships. 99% of these expand fellowships calls are driven by laziness of alt fanatics. And I say that a player who had plenty of alts myself.