Aug Gear Compare

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, May 4, 2023.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

The drop down list to compare worn gear to new gear is really nice. I would love to see them take it even further for augs. There are so many different augs it would be nice if you could have a window that pops up and shows the +/- like the normal gear compare but list all the augs on the screen at one time so you could see which aug would be the best one to replace.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How to do that? I can compare augs but did not know you could compare gear
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

For a single aug at one time, I know it is currently there but when you have 20+ augs to compare it is a pain to go through the drop down and jump back and forth trying to remember which ones had what stats since it isn't always a pure all + when you swap a new aug. So it could be I have 5 different augs this one would be better than but 1 of them loses 10 sta, another 2 dex, another one loses 10ac but gains +5 to all stats, etc.

Most gear compare only has 1 item it can replace (yes there are sometimes an item that can go in 2-3 slots but augs can normally fit in every single gear slot meaning there is a ton to go through. I would like a window to have all the augs compared at the same time so I don't have to write down which ones may be the one I want to replace in a text file to figure out which one will be swapped out.

Yes, you can technically open up 20+ compare windows manually and select every single different aug to compare. It is faster to write down on a text file which augs have +/1 and do it that way then open up 20+ windows manually to look at them at one time.

Edit: Well I guess you can't do it manually because the max item compare windows you can open at one time is 6. Here is an example of would I would like to do when comparing augs except a more compressed version of it. Maybe a list like find feature with a column for every stat and 1 column for effects that are added / removed.

Not the best image but it would be nice to compare multiple augs like the following screenshot so you can see each one that is worn and how the new aug would compare to it.

[IMG]
  4. Nekk Augur

5. Nekk Augur

Sorry, I'm new to posting images on this site, but on the image above you can sort your gear and augs by any stat you would like, under inventory, find items, type etc.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

Yea but that is a single stat. It would work to do that if they would show all the stats but what would be nice is to search by a slot like that and show all items compared +/- amount for every stat and effect compared to your worn gear. With augs there is alot of give and take.

When I get a new aug I look through every aug in the drop down to see if any of the augs have all + and no -. Next I start comparing augs that have the least amount of negative primary stats I care about so being a bard normally dex. However I would take losing 1-2 dex if it adds alot of ac, hp, or say +20 to all other stats. It is all about can I sacrifice some lost stats for other gains. Checking a single stat like hp doesn't tell you if the aug is an upgrade or not.
  7. Alnitak Augur

Nah, this idea is just a wishful thinking that it will misteriously make a character better just because there is a hidden "diamond if the rough" augment somewhere in your long forgotten bags on a far shelf, and with the aug search tool you'd discover it and somehow EQ will become an easy cakewalk.
    Starting from RoS the augs were "streamlined":
    Type 5 augs come for each H-stat category as lore looted, lore crafted and non-lore purchasable from expansion merchant.
    Essentially, for , say, HDex all you need to loot is a sigle +HDex type 5 aug, craft 1 more and then earn coins to purchase the rest.
    For type 7 there are 2 sets of lore droppable, and set of lore crafted crafted.
    A typical set consists of a tank aug (with elevated AC and HSta), a caster aug (with elevated HWiz and Hint and Mana), 2 "assault" augs with elevated HDex. Starting from ToV (not sure about RoS and TBL) Tier 2 aug set (better values) can be farmed in mission chests, Tier 1 mostly from Tier 1 nameds, and then a crafted set made with ores farmed off nameds or missions.

The overall recommendations is simple: Starting from current expansion and going in reverse chronological order farm 1 dropped Type 5 aug, farm Tier 2 set of Type 7, Craft Type 5 and 7 set from ores, farm coins to replace all other Type 5 except crafted from the previous expansion (it is a bit better than coin-purchased). Then farm Tier 1 type 7 set (class-dependant 2 or 3 augs) and replace the outdated augs from 2 expansions before.
    This is it. Except a couple odd augs (such as Geodes from anniversary mission and zones like GMM, currently outdated) there is no need to "search and compare" augs. Latest augs are simply better than prior expansion augs.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

What I do is go to raidloot.com. Create an account there. Upload your /outputfile inventory file there. Then you can view and compare all your augmentations.

You can sort them there. You can also compare them based on whatever stat you wish, setting weighted compares as well.
    Barraind and OldCa61 like this.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Will take a look at that site and see what I can do with it but would be a nice feature in game since they already have a way to search by a slot and typ etc. They just need the ability to add more columns for the item stats! That would be nice for all searches not just the ones you are looking to replace.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What I do, is take 5 seconds to look at my augs and since it is obvious to anyone that applies any thought or strategy, and then switch them. Shocking, I know.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

You either don't have a clue what you are doing or have never played anything other than raid or group content. There is a huge difference between raid and group gear and rarely is there a pure upgrade for every piece. If you go off pure hp / ac maybe but if you are talking about replacing 3 expansion old raid gear with current group gear there rarely is an all green upgrade piece. And the stats you are sacrificing could make a huge difference in how you play. So it comes down to trying to balance what you are sacrificing to what you get from a piece of gear. Also not every class has a single role (maybe you play a simple class like necro or mage where you aren't trying to balance between tank gear vs dps gear.
  12. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Or they are just a casual player, having fun, getting some good augs but prob not the super best and not mico managing their character to have exact .0000000000000001% more stat from one aug vs another.

Yes, it happens. There are those of us who don't parse every fight, or every step or every action in the game. Great for those of you who do but no reason to cut others down by saying they don't have a clue. :)
  13. Cloud the Third Augur

Here is an example of what you can't do in game without writing down stats or going to a 3rd party website to figure out. So I have a aug from the 34th anni and there is no aug that has the previous effect. So I can either not use the new aug because clearly the stats are not as good as ones that have an effect and all the ones I currently use have effects that I don't want to give up. So that leaves these augs as the ones I want to look at to consider losing stats to get the effect. Now I can only look at 6 different ones a the same time in EQ. So I screenshot them and move them into paint to be able to look at the +/- stats to figure out which ones I want to give up to get this effect. I could also write them down in a text file but that is more of a pain. So this is how I would compare them to see which is better. I tried the website suggested and it just doesn't give me as good results as doing this.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you can't figure out what is better from just looking at it, then I don't know what to tell you.

Its exceedingly simple, with the only caveat being as this/next expansion we start hitting 4000 of a heroic, you can drop a "better" aug for a lesser one to get a better heroic mix.

Like, this is absurd.
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

I guess this thread has explained why I can play so much better than so many others out there in NoS Raid gear when I have ToV raid gear. If they are having that much trouble picking gear out thinking it is simple thing then they likely don't understand what you can do to play better.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath