Boxing on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nonii, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Nonii Deathnaw

I have been playing on Yelinak server for months now. What lead me to this server was the Anti box stuff put in. I noticed quickly though that people were still boxing. People like me were waiting for it to lifit during OOW when we get to 3 box on same computer. I am surrounded by boxes still, Some people even 6 box. I really dont think it helps anyone with this anti box stuff If there gonna box breaking the rules and im stuck solo can u just lift the anti box thing? Id like to box myself.
  2. AethDW Elder

[IMG]
    Koniku likes this.
  3. Nonii Deathnaw

Exactly
  4. Appren Gnomercy

Except the people you see aren't breaking any rules, there is no rule against boxing. You just need one PC per account (which is a silly requirement, we can agree on)
    Iyacc likes this.
  5. Polpet Elder

i even will 6 box on oakwynd with 6 computers. i will stream it on Twitch. Legit Gameplay - 6 accounts generates more money then just one for Darkpaw ...
  6. brickz Augur

It absolutely helps in early eras. Normal people don't want to be on a server where most of the players are using third party programs to play 6 characters for them while they watch netflix. Yes, some people cheat anyway but some people legitimately have a bunch of mini computers or notebooks set up
  7. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

I 6 Box all the time on True Box servers. 2 desktops & 4 laptops. That is not cheating. And nothing is stopping you from doing it too.
  8. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Generates more revenue (plat/krono) for you too doesn't it?
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Me and my wife 6 box on thornblade. Would be a lot happier if they got rid of true box and we could dump two laptops and box 2 on our main PCs. True box is more about PR for the recyclers IMO.
  10. Nazurath New Member

18 boxer here with 18 computers it’s a fun challenge all the way up to
    POP, never played passed that expansion. I saw some other 18 boxers on Yelinak while I was six boxing and was like if they can do
    It I can. It’s fun but wiping and setting up macros takes hours and hours of time.
  11. Arclyte Augur

Because that would hollow out the game by driving out all the normal players, leaving only the boxing community
  12. Gremin Augur

Without boxers, EQ would of shuttered a long time ago.
  13. uberkingkong Augur

Wiping and setting up macros takes hours and hours???
    I believe this will be addressed in the big UI update coming. Many many many months and man hours are spent on the UI update.

So many boxers, goes to show UI update should include a UI boxing tab for boxers.
  14. Weverley Augur

except if everybody would box the amount of krono decrease immensely since boxer would say i can get that loot from that mobs too and many boxers would either decrease amount of account they play or pay for them with real money
  15. jeskola pheerie

Truebox is the leading cause of Global Warming. Source: Bait Masterson
  16. TLP Addict Augur

They are breaking the rules by following them in a way I don't like!
    Appren and Rijacki like this.
  17. Zendien New Member

Some may not be doing it legit but, as mentioned above, a fair number are using multi pc setups. Relaxed truebox goes into effect at Omens of War tho so 7ish more weeks until us single pc plebs can run 2-3 toons :)
  18. TLP Addict Augur

Playing 2-3 characters on a truebox server isn't overly difficult for a competent human.

Yet many attempting to play 2 fail terribly.

Anyone playing 6 or more on truebox should be treated with suspicion.
  19. Polpet Elder

I dont get the Point. Just let the multiboxers Play. We got /Pick so alot of free camps.
    Boxers will Spent 2x 3x … 6x the Ammount of Money for the Game. They should Not be treated with suspicion. They should be treated with honor. If darkpaw Runs out of Money we all can uninstall EQ.

Cant wait to Activate all my 6 Accounts to Box again on oakwnyd - to Support darkpaw‘s Economy.

Who ever is interested in: ill Stream It on Twitch - leave a follow Twitch: Vmas___
  20. Appren Gnomercy

Playing six on truebox is easy, a few USB wireless numeric keypads next to eachother with ingame hotkeys assigned to all keys - then its just muscle memory, your dps (especially melee) just need one or two clicks per mob, and once you have the hotkeys for your healer(s) automated in your brain, the rest is easy. What is more difficult (for me) is if I need to do heavy CC, since I'll actually have to look at the screen of a laptop then, but even that can be made easier with /xtar commands if you prefer.

Positioning is, for the most situations, just a case of dancing around turning the mob with your tank, possibly hitting a hotkey to stop your healer(s) from following you to stop spell interrupts etc.

I shiver at the thought of playing 2 groups or more legit though, that'd be painful (but even that is doable, just more pads to click, I suppose)
    Vlahkmaak likes this.