Class race diety combos that you would like to see?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Magneress, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Lubianx Augur

I just never understood why Half Elves can't be clerics.
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  2. Herf Augur

Gnome monks, in honor of Jeremy Waller's web comic wtfcomics.

"Clan of the Waist Down Fist, attack!"
    Skuz, strongbus and Rijacki like this.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

For the same reason why a human cannot be a shaman I guess. It also seems that Kelethin is an unfinished city as there are one or two empty "guild" houses near the orc lift and many other empty buildings especially at that area.

If wood elf paladin would be added, the players would then ask for wood elf cleric and so on. Adding more classes to 23 year old races and cities can be disturbing to old players. I still have problems to accept halfling rangers and paladins and gnome shadow knights and paladins even that those got added in december 2001. I do see them as mutants that do not belong to Norrath. Not many players do use those class combos on AB, so I guess that I am not alone with this point of view.
    Rexa likes this.
  4. Crashdummy Elder

Easiest step forward in lieu would be to add Perfected illusion to everyone, since changes are coming so may new race/class comboes. Since it seems we have new art at character screen and therefore probably some new hired artists, hopefully new coders are also working. It will take time for improvements to be made and we shall see what happens with the next expansion, to get an idea of things to come.
  5. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

I haven’t bought an expansion in 10 years, but if a new expansion unlocked different race/class combinations I would.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

The devs might add that in the next expansion. Just for you. ;)
    Roxas MM likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dark elf Beastlord, with a decent ANIMAL pet (black wolf or bear maybe), anything a wood elf can do a Dark Elf can do better. :)
    Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

So as the ranger attempt has not worked, it is now the beastlord tactic. Black wolf is a good disguise for a black panther. Do you mean this DE BL maybe ?

[IMG]

He is a rogue and DE rogues do already exist. :p
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Who is he?

I like to pair my chars up, I'd like the opertunity to play a DE cleric and a DE beastlord rather than have an Iksar Beast and a DE cleric.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

He is just one of the most famous and most powerfull fantasy characters. :) I had linked his profile under the picture. Basically an assassin (rogue) but he can also use natural DE magic which is limited to summoning a cloud of darkness and is in possession of a small panther figurine (magic artifact) with that he can summon a black panther from the astral plane several times a day. He also learned ranger skills like tracking from a human ranger (Montolio DeBrouchee) on the surface and warrior fighting skills from his DE father (Zaknafein Do'Urden).

Drizzt Do'Urden and the novels about him (The Dark Elf Trilogy) was an inspiration for many EQ players and devs including Brad McQuaid and the whole fantasy genre. The EQ dark elf race is a clone of the Forgotten Realms drow race from the city of Menzoberranzan (Neriak). Many players tried to imitate him and his father with DE warriors and rogues and it frequently got asked to add the ranger class for DEs because people thought and still think that he is a ranger, which is only partially true.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've never heard of it.

I'm a Prachett girl, I also like a bit of Eddings, and of course Tolkien. But I'm also taken with a bit of folk lore, Musketeers, Knights of the Round Table, Robin Hood, Turpin, Pirates & Smugglers. So I relate more to Rincewynd, Twoflowers, Velvet, Silk and Polgara. Though these days Harry Potter, Game of Thrones and Marvel has more of an influence....Mischief has the pleasure of the 3 Black sisters. :)
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

Wood elfs are much better at falling out of trees than dark elfs can.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I would love new graphics, but they better not change the bixie illusion graphics. I got 4 mages and all 4 have the Queen Pelzia illusion and the bixie drone illusion. All 4 also have the Familiar of the Stone Hive. I use the bixie drone pet illusion on my 4 pets. I love my bixie swarm.

EQ2 bixies look like monstrous insect creatures. COTF bixies are de-evolving into the insect monstrosities. The Stone Hive Bixies are the bees knees.
  14. Hdizzle Augur

Eh, I always thought it would be cool if Iksar could be all the casters /shrug.

I'd play an Evil Lizard Wizard.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Rather see dev time spent on content not new combinations.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I always like being small so i would like to be a Gnome/Ranger currently i play halflings so baiscally its only a little smaller lol but sometimes the furry feet bother me.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Well they cant really do to much anyways if they wanted to do more they need to do more hiring's.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

I'd roll an Erudite Warrior on every server.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Do halflings ever trim the hair on their feet?
  20. Iven the Lunatic

Yep, they do sell them to Kaladim for knitting beards.
    Nennius likes this.