DPG please share your plans for Oakwynd <3

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jmitch, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Basak Augur

I wish I got in on the server when it launched, now it feels difficult to get those achievements done.
  2. Ruhi Augur

any feature on a tlp could be added to live - the precedent was set with phinny aoc's.

it doesn't matter what they announce in ambiguity - every other tlp has been experimental in the last few years.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And they didn't say that it would be the FTE feature. When you look at the FAQ for it they clearly state that FTE is for a TLP only problem in the early era's and it isn't for any issues that would be on live servers. The legacy character feature however seems to be better suited for live servers where people are more likely to have multiple high level alts on a single account.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And yet they aren't removing FTE when they perseve the issue to be over and the legacy is still an experiment

Legacy char feature isn't something I want to see on live either. Some of the bonuses look good, increased rares being the main one. But I play alts for a multitude of reasons, I don't want to level alts quickly and I certainly don't want faster spawning dungeons, when I struggle as it is.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't mean that they are planning on adding it to the live servers and they have not indicated that they want to add it to live servers. The bonuses you are talking about have nothing to do with legacy characters.

Legacy characters are just the following three things.

10% xp boost for each max level character on the server with a max of 10 or 100%
    No drop items that are tradeable on free trade servers are heirloom
    Agents of change no longer lock at the account level.

All the bonuses that unlock as the server progresses are just perks of that server and nothing to do with legacy characters or FTE.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. Heirauz Journeyman

Wow, you sound pretty mad.
    I'm not a "whale" and I preferred the free trade server. Maybe if you actually knew how to make friends, you wouldn't have to "buy from whales", or if you actually just farmed anything yourself.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

By their own admission in the FAQ, whatever problems they seem to think FTE will fix (and I seriously doubt that it will anyway) only exist A) on TLP servers, and B) only exist in the early stages of a TLP server's lifespan (until the majority of content becomes instanced).

So, the logical thing to do is to remove it once the server hits that point where these problems aren't an issue, and never to add it to servers that are past that point. But they didn't say that, and they don't respond when people bring it up.

They know this whole thing is an awful decision, but as with other bad things they've done in the past, they just refuse to admit a mistake and move on.
    Yinla, MasterMagnus and Jardad like this.
  8. Trox2010 Augur

The last two perks to legacy character was added on after the initial announcement. Legacy Character was initially only the XP boost per max level character. That is not something that would needed to be experimented on a TLP before heading to Live; especially as is since chances are noone on TLPs will ever have 10 max level characters on the same account; while Live that is more easily maintained.

SobI can't see how Legacy Characters is the feature that need to be tested on TLP before porting over.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are correct that those are added features after the announcement but that doesn't change the fact that they stated that FTE was designed for a problem that is on TLP servers in early era's which mean it isn't a problem on live servers. If the feature is designed for a TLP only problem why would they move the system to live servers?
  10. Trox2010 Augur

I have been very open on the fact I don't believe any of the current Oakwynd rules are meant for Live (even tho Legacy Characters are the only one that makes sense, but it doesn't need a TLP test bed for it). I honestly believe the original rule that was supposed to be tested on Oakwynd before porting over to Live was EQ2's Pay2Raid idea. Problem is that completely blew up in their face, so they had to rip it out of EQ (since it was already being very poorly received here without it ever being announced), and the FTE was instead shoe horned I to it's place as the "experimental" feature.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that doesn't change anything about my statement of FTE not being the likely system that they are looking to move to live servers since it is addressing a TLP only problem.
  12. Trox2010 Augur

You are right; misread your statement, and confused it with some that were claiming it was the Legacy character they were talking about being tested for Live servers.
  13. Wtfagain Elder

Vaniki had a normal server launch in parallel and a rule set is not a core game mechanic. Did you forget or are you arguing in bad faith?
    Mischief didn’t change any core game mechanics. Do you not know what core game mechanic means or are you arguing in bad faith?
    Phinny didn’t change any core game mechanics. Do you not know what core game mechanic means or are you arguing in bad faith?
  14. Wtfagain Elder

That’s not a game mechanic…. That doesn’t change interactions between players the monsters and the environment. Ffs the amount of ppl with strong uneducated opinions is mind numbing.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Changing how you acquire almost every item in the game isn't changing a core mechanic?

Changing how you interact with every open world raid in the game isn't changing a core mechanic?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Making every open world raid available to every account once a week isn't changing a core mechanic?
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Wtfagain Elder

No. That is a rule set. It doesn’t impact interactions between players, mobs and the environment. Why do you stalk me? Are you mad I quit TR long ago when it was fun?
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Core mechanic's don't only deal with interactions between players. Also I have no clue who you are in game nor do I care.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Ruhi Augur

did i say yelinak? no
    random loot is a core game mechanic
    aoc's and instanced raiding is a core game mechanic

random loot affects the players, monsters and the environment - people farmed in zones they wouldn't have originally touched, changing the density of players at previously popular camps
    aoc's affect the players, monsters and environment - people don't have to sit and wait for a raid mob in a variance window, it allows 100's of nagafen's to be killed in a day vs 1 in the ow.

by your own definition - and you want to call people uneducated? talk about mind numbing conversations
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. Wtfagain Elder

You’re right. Core game mechanics DON’T only deal with interactions between players, because they deal with interactions between players, mobs and the environment. A rule set is not a game mechanic. Using google doesn’t make you a doctor. The earth isn’t flat.

I think the Ruleset is great. Something new and fun and different. I also think, as should everyone regardless of their opinion on FTE, that using the yearly TLP that so many look forward to, to test a massive change to mechanics, is number 1 bs.