Fixed Internally Raid Achievement - Pit Fight - Unshattered - does not give fail message until end of raid

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dalrek_MM, May 2, 2023.

1. Dalrek_MM Elder

Would be nice if it could follow pattern of previous expansion raids and give a fail message as soon as someone gets hit by the shattered dart damage, so you can abort and restart raid

As it is right now, you have to wait until end of raid to see if someone got hit

and please also name and shame who got hit and failed the achivement
    Fenthen, Toukan, Xeladom and 6 others like this.
  2. Knifen Augur

Set a trigger to search for

from Shattering Dart

use an audio that says Fail Ach.

Pass it to everyone in the raid so in the event your split up multiple people will hear the fail emote even if one is too far away.

The full string that would show you who failed it I dont know how to code.

Kevin has taken 37222 damage from Shattering Dart by

(s) has taken ???? damage from Shattering Dart by

The problem is that dmg is a variable its not always the same so I dont know how to code the dmg amount in.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

The easy way to show who failed is just put {L} in the display text field then it will show the whole line.
    Knifen likes this.
  4. Knifen Augur

Awesome thanks for the heads up, will try that out.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

if you care about using the damage value in the display (not likely for this example):
    {s} has taken {n} damage from Shattering Dart
    s will be the target and n will be the damage

if you dont care about using the damage value and only displaying the character, it will parse normal regex expressions (the squiggle options are just shortcuts for certain regex groups in the backend):
    {s} has taken \d+ damage from Shattering Dart
    s will be the target
    https://eq.gimasoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23
    Svann2 and Knifen like this.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

So, while this is all neat and cool, it doesn't resolve the reported issue. Resorting to 3rd party programs for what should be an in-game solution is not a solution.

All raid mechanics should have corresponding easily readable emotes that can be patterned within the in-game Audio Trigger functions (e.g. your character name is always in the same place in the message).
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Knifen Augur

Oh I agree, would love all to have fail / pass messages as you earn them. Just wanted people to have options until when/if they are every done that way in game.
    Toukan and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How do you do that with ingame audio triggers?
  9. Dalrek_MM Elder

Some good solutions suggested here. Just requires I turn on damage to others in my log, which I would love to avoid. But maybe I can turn just this one thing on :)

Thanks!
  10. Knifen Augur

Dont think variables work with the in game one. You can set an audio trigger anytime it finds " damage from Shattering Dart by" just wont tell you who, only that the ach failed.
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. AB_H'Sishi Augur

That's the point why programs like GamParse or Gina exist - you can't do that ingame.

The ingame ATs work *strictly* with patterns. No wildcards for different numbers, no variables for names, no Text-To-Speech for direct "Name and shame".
  12. AB_H'Sishi Augur

The problem with this solution is you need to be within a certain range to the NPC casting or the spell's target PC to catch this "Spell damage" notification, probably that close you'll catch the AE damage on you too.
    Also you will get a HUGE amount of lines to parse if you set this filter to "Show" - it will show everyone's spell damage within the range - there's no "NPC spell damage" filter.
  13. Knifen Augur

Correct hence the Pass it to everyone in the raid so in the event your split up multiple people will hear the fail emote even if one is too far away.

With recommendations I have 2 to test to help reduce some lag check

^{s} has taken {n} damage from Shattering Dart by $

and

({s} has taken {n} damage from) Shattering Dart by

I didnt get to test these in the raid as we got the ach this time so it never failed to trigger alert.

Keep in mind this is just suggestions for people to use until/if they ever add a fail emote which is what all raids/ach should have.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

To be fair, like none of these raids provide the event message that the achievement failed, until after the raid is over. Poor design decision.
  15. TrueNorth Developer

Please be aware that it is not always possible for failed achievements to report immediately and it is not necessarily a bug if they do not.

In this specific case it should be possible, and the issue is now tracked internally. Thank you for your report!