Am I the weird one? (New TLP)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Terethian, Apr 22, 2023.

1. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

You dont sound weird to me.

It seems much more weird to me that some people gather up 100s or even 1000s of Krono doing things like powerlevel services. I still dont understand what these people do with all the Krono? As far as I can tell, the only thing it buys is a month subscription, so what on earth would anyone need 100s of them for?

If you like to potter around and spend a day fishing, or doing drunken nudie runs through Kithicor or whatever, then you sound like an awesome EQ player.
    Rijacki likes this.
  2. magikarp Elder

truly a mystery :D
    Cheet and Appren like this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

$tormhammer was the best server I ever played on, Bring it back please.
  4. Appren Gnomercy

I don't get it either! It's not like they can be traded to other players or anything...;)
  5. Ruhi Augur

very nice summary - i agree with just about everything you said in your post.
  6. Ruhi Augur

they sell them for IRL cash
    Cheet likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

pretty sure that a Venn Diagram of people who whine incessantly about how other people play perfectly intersects with whatever group it is that the OP claims to be in.

If you come to the forums and ask if you're weird then describe a marginal play style then expect to have your weirdness affirmed
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Presumably, they can't make more IRL cash per Krono than Daybreak sells them for so they are never worth more than $18 USD (or $17 if you consider you buy them in packs with a small discount per for the pack). And, it is expressly against the rules of the game to sell them or any other in-game asset for IRL money (which, yes, I am not a fool, I am aware there are idiots who break that rule all the time and since early days of the game, it's actually one of the reasons I left years ago).

I also do understand there are individuals who use plat to buy kronos and then redeem them for their All-Access. For this reason, I wish there was a way to make Krono a 1 trade only item. That would significantly decrease the plat value of them. Yes, I understand, too, with infinite trades, they're a way to "transfer" plat from one server to another (or even from one game to another).

With the IRL cash cap value, it utterly baffles me how high a price in plat the Krono are on most servers.
  9. Obliteration Elder

You would have much more fun by not worrying about what others do so long as they play within the rules.

Tons of people level up to 50 in groups all through classic
  10. PandAura New Member

They sell them for RL cash to websites that then resell them to players. You can buy krono for $10 from these sites, idk what the PLers sell them for to the sites.