[Suggestion] Make Collectible Achievement List Bazaar Searchable!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, May 1, 2023.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Would be super nice to be able to search collectibles in the Bazaar from the collection achievement window using CTRL+SHIFT+LClick rather than typing it in.
    Bigstomp, Daedly, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

What am I missing here? I bring up the baz window and select collectables from the drop down and then I usually put in a min and max plat amount to narrow down the search. Oh and set the returns to 200. Opens the field a little more for some reason.

What are you typing in? Where? Your way may be easier than mine:)
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Say I need specific collectibles to complete the collection. I have to type the name of the collectible to search for it. I'd like to be able to click the collectible name from the Achievement window and it search bazaar for me.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

You can click an item in your inventory and it will search the Baz so you can see the current asking values of those items. If you need more silk, and have 1, you can just click the silk and it will automatically open baz, type the name and search. I think the command is CTRL+Click but I forget.

OP is asking that you be able to open your ACH window, look for an empty checkbox, click the missing check box, and it automatically do the Baz entries to search for that item for you.

Sounds like a pretty big ask on the coding side of things, but it makes sense to ask for.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

EQ2 added something like that for collectibles a few years after its launch, maybe before collections were added to EQ.

While I think it might be a HUGE codding ask, I also think it would be very handy. Searching for things in the bazaar can be a chore. That whole UI really needs another refresh. Maybe that will be possible after the UI backend upgrade.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It would be nice but I'm betting this is a monumental task at this point. The game has so many collect sets it's overwhelming to think of how much time it's taken to obtain them all.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yes I believe it is a big ask on the coding side. But I wanted to get it out there while they're working on the UI. :)
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

UI engine, they aren't touching UI/UX this year (nothing new will be added).
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Something about making achievement collectibles clickable from achievement window tells me that's engine-related. ;)
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe, but the work that is being done this year is to convert the existing windows over exactly as they function now and only making changes when required to get a window to work.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Just make sure the add the 'collectible' filter as well as the item name, as there are name collisions.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Loup Garou De loop de loop

So he would have to have the same collect in his inventory in order to click it and search in baz.

And I have many alts that I may not want to log in to check for the empty boxes because I buy them all thru the trader that made the plat to spend. Since the ach do not carry from character to character this would be very limiting.

I see his idea but I don't see it coming to fruition. Its easier just to search by what ever parameters you want, be it plat, name etc and go from there.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I guess where I see the benefit is saved time when I need to look for specific items within a collection. If you're just searching for missing collects regardless of which collection they belong to, yeah your method would suffice.