DPG please share your plans for Oakwynd <3

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jmitch, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Jmitch Lorekeeper

This year's TLP seems to be the most controversial to date regarding its ruleset. You've shown that you're willing to listen to feedback and make changes that you agree with. Many people, including myself, need a good bit of warning in order to submit PTO and make plans for other obligations in order to have more time with the game we all love. The ruleset for the server for a lot of people is going to determine how much time, if any, they want to invest in the server's release. If you don't plan on making any more changes to the ruleset I totally respect that decision, but it would help a lot to know that with as much advanced warning as possible. Even if you aren't committed to a certain plan yet, any insight you might have would help. Thanks
  2. Zansobar Augur

I will give you my take.

They don't plan on making anymore changes and will push this ruleset to Oakwynd on launch and over time to all other servers. There's a reason it is going on Test so late.
  3. breezycheeks New Member

They already shared their plans giving us all the details on the new Oakwynd server.

You just refuse to accept the reality that you and the few dozen whales who love free trade did not get your way. Sorry not sorry, you don't know what is best for everyone. You are just the loudest minority. There are people like you who are wrong every year, crying about not getting your favorite server. It used to be the PvP clowns, then it was the no-truebox clowns. Now it is the free trade clowns.

Mischief was no where near as successful as you think it was. Otherwise it would be introduced every year.

You believe Daybreak doesn't release new free trade servers because they want to maintain the health of Mischief? Throwing away easy money to promote something two years old.

Or the reality that free trade servers are not as profitable as a standard truebox server? Because the silent majority of players far outweigh you cryhard whales on the forums.

It's extremely frustrating because you are drowning out everything else with your incessant childish tantrum. Frankly it may cause Daybreak to remove the forums entirely, the same way that AGS did recent with Lost Ark and New World.

Get a hold of yourself or get lost.
    Zrender likes this.
  4. Captain Video Augur

They have added one new rule for the server; Everyone who creates a new thread on this subject is banned from the server for one year.
    Zrender likes this.
  5. Lineater Augur

You’re being too polite. If you want free trade, you must threaten to cancel your subs. For good this time. Harumph!
  6. Koniku Elder

If only there was a news section on the forums where they could post a thread about oakwynd
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Dmitry Elder

Three weeks to launch and I'd love to see something on test. These are some pretty brig changes and frankly the track record on smaller changes is not so great for server stability at launch.
  8. Jmitch Lorekeeper

You okay dude? You might have me confused with someone else or is that a copypasta? You might need to step away for a while and take a few deep breaths, everything will be okay.
    Familycat23 likes this.
  9. wade_watts Augur

Wow, that guy was really freaking out. Fair original question. They have indicated that they are still taking feedback and may adjust though I wouldn't expect much of a change at this point. They seem pretty set on FTE and the folks still thinking it's worth giving feedback are just trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

I'd bet you have enough info at this point to plat your PTO.
  10. Trox2010 Augur

Just because it had highest population of TLPs at one point in time doesn't actually make it the gold standard. It is possible there was other TLPs (or even combo of TLP) that had higher population at launch. It is also possible that other TLPs have brought in more revenue than Mischief did; more bags, marketplace items, and Kronos sold overall. Also possible the increase dev time to constantly tweaked the servers rates also ate into the profit margin. Just remember high population doesn't equal most successful for a business. If it really was that super successful then the powers that be would have insisted on another cash cow being born immediately.

As for the OP; no reason for him to not ask for more information since DPG even said in their FAQ that they would be getting us even more in the coming days and weeks and then they had gone radio silence yet again. Hopefully we get a follow-up and confirmation on when it will be hitting Test sometime this week, but not holding my breath on it.
    Critt likes this.
  11. wade_watts Augur

Yeah, I don't think so. They literally had to roll two servers with the same ruleset due to popularity and, as of the last update, they both still had sufficient population as to not fold Thornblade into Mischief. Two years later they still cannot disable the afk-kicking script because it's needed to manage server load.

The dev time has already been spent so the second round would be significantly more profitable - it wouldn't be a reason not to do it. Very much so, in the gaming business, the number of players paying to play on a TLP (converted and non free to play users) and the number of monthly active continuing users showing a high retention rate are key metrics. These metrics were actually used in the investor presentation when EG7 purchased daybreak.

I think the legitimate reason is either 1) they viewed it as a special event server and didn't realize how much people would love the playstyle - as such they don't want to create a 'new normal' that deviates from EQ. OR 2) They think with continued experimentation they will have just as much success with some other formula - maybe lighting will strike twice. (clearly not with FTE tho)

The EQ product team generally has made decisions based on what they believed the game should be versus being the most profitable/popular. Have your own opinion on that approach but partially it's why EQ has a small but dedicated core following - clearly not a leader in the industry anymore.
    Appren likes this.
  12. Dalyrina Elder

The daybreak cash spent per server was included in those leaks. They were crushing every other server by a large margin outside of yelinak, which released the day before the numbers came out.

BreezyCheek's post seems very similar to another poster who's posts sound like mischief kicked his dog.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Leaks that we have no way of verifying are actually correct data?
  14. Dalyrina Elder

Speak for yourself.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How are we supposed to verify that data is accurate and not something created to try and get a new Mischief server?
  16. Dalyrina Elder

I mean don't trust them if you don't want to I really do not care. I assure you that your crazy conspiracy theory is wrong though.
  17. Trox2010 Augur

The two server thing is again not much an indicator of success since just about every progression server that was released solo has had to have a second server opened going all the way back to Combine. Even the ones that was released with multiple rulesets the standard was so popular they basically had to tell everyone either deal with it or roll on the second one. And think the AFK is on every sever still; was recently kicked for AFK off Aradune or Test a week or so ago.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It sounds like it is just another push for the next TLP to be a Mischief clone instead of the FTE that we are getting.
  19. Dalyrina Elder

That makes a whole bunch of sense considering those numbers have been floating around since the beginning of 2022. But please keep doubling down on this theory you spawned in your head.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, numbers that have no way of being verified and are being used to push for something?
    Rijacki likes this.