Didn't think the heritage crate change through did you?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by globeadue, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are making this about me and ignoring the other people who are also posting in agreement that loot crates are gambling.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You have been asked to provide a source for your claims yet all I see are more claims such as trying to say that a gumball machine and loot crates are basically the same thing.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

ANYONE who thinks EQ loot crates are gambling is completely wrong as proven by international trade law that allows daybreak to sell them when potential contents are disclosed. Disclosing the contents renders it a purchase not a bet in the eyes of law makers. Who are the final say on what gambling is not.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Please provide a source for this claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loot_box

Wyre Wintermute and Nennius like this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

[John McLaughlin voice] Answer is...you're wrong. Bye byeee!!
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would seem that you can't find any sources to back up your claim.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Your chosen source is sufficient to prove you wrong.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why are you so opposed to providing a source for your claims?
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You have yet to provide a source.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Still reading comprehension and completeness FTW.

Slow down and read.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What you think of my sources doesn't impact your lack of sources.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

"Gaming law is not a branch of law in the traditional sense but rather is a collection of several areas of law that include criminal law, regulatory law, constitutional law, administrative law, company law, contract law, and in some jurisdictions, competition law. "

Not opinion, your source.

I do not believe you read it, nor do you understand it's meaning.

Your source doesn't say loot crates are gambling. You should read the whole thing before you try to use that as a source for your argument.

Slow it down, and read it all.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Provide a link to a credible legal authority to back up your argument. You haven't done that yet. Please note that I think you may well be correct in your assertion, but since you haven't provided any actual evidence we can easily choose to dismiss your statements.

You claimed that international law supports you. Back that statement up with facts.

P.S. Just saying a thing is true doesn't make it true. No matter how many times you repeat it.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I can make a post that has a link to wiki that has a type of law in it as well but that doesn't mean that loot crates are not considered gambling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaming_law
    Not this isn't trying to prove that loot crates are gambling just that gaming law is a real thing.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You might want to apply the bolded part evenly.

Did you read any "source" quoted to confirm it says what the poster claims it says?
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you could provide a source and explain why it says you are right instead of just linking to different wiki law pages it would help your argument,
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

That has got to be one of the worst Wikipedia articles ever written. Do you mean to say that you couldn't find anything from a website that actually specializes in law? FindLaw for one.

I am a frequent editor for Wikipedia (not in the field of law) and I am forwarding a request to have this article either made useful or to have it dumped. I have friends who are attorneys. I will suggest they look into writing an article that might actually be useful.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Why is nobody is asking the AI? The AI could certainly guide us down a far more ambiguous rabbit hole.
    Nennius and MasterMagnus like this.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm using your source.

As I already stated several times.

Your source proves me right. You didn't even read your source.