I don't want to see this next expansion.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I paid a lot of money, I spent alot of time raiding. I see stats from Last Expansion raid BP compared to this expansion BP and I am not satisfied.
    It is hardly any boost. Even this expansion Raid gear BP is lower in stats then last. Why do you do this ?

I don't want to see this next expansion. In fact you really should change current gear to be better then last.

.... as you see I now am lower in stats compared to last. That is a lot of raiding for this BP to buy off the vender.
    I feel cheated. I feel like I'm screwed over.
    [IMG]
    Why should I be lower, why should I be lower in stats.
    Other stats that are higher, that is expected!
    EVERYTHING should be better... then last.

There isn't even a boost in focus.
    This is just a weak aug.

NOT happy!
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

By 'stats' you mean Heroic Wisdom and Dexterity?

This has been explained before about previous expansion gear as well. While individual pieces might be lower, the total visible armor pieces combined should be greater. So if you get the whole set of Spectral Luclinite it should have better heroic stats in total.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with this concept, but that is how Darkpaw decided to do it.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This puts us back in the cannot upgrade item X until item Y has been update or I'm worse off. This is the reason they made Foci on the same item each time.

This makes no sense and never has.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree...this never made any sense.
    Kaenneth and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well the reason is to slow down gear upgrades even after you get gear to keep the expansion harder for longer. Dumb thing to do in my opinion because the overall difference doesn't seem large enough to piss off players for but I would expect that is the reason. Just my opinion though I have no facts to back it up.
  6. Iven Antonius Bayle

An increase of 7% AC, 12% HP, 12% MP and 12% EP is huge and new augs are not included which do add even more power. As comparison, the difference between T1 and prestige gear is 15%. The sum of the stats has also improved for both, normal and heroic. The problem is not the new BP or armor set; instead it is that in the past the power boost between expansions, including gear and NPCs, was often way to big and that the players got used to that.

For an expansion without a PC level increase the new BP/armor set is actually nearly OPed. Of course the gear has to fit to the difficulty of the mobs in the expansion and the devs also have to grant the players a power boost without making the new gear OPed which is a difficult balancing act. Its has not worked for you but maybe you get why it could be seen as a good upgrade when checking the facts a bit more detailed.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Looking forward to the next expansion. Hopefully they do something special for it and not just the Anniversary stuff.
  8. Iven Antonius Bayle

Yep, the last few anniversaries were dissapointing to me. Most players do expect something BIG for the next year.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you can't upgrade because you will lose 3HWIS and 1HAGI even though you gain other stats as well I am not sure what to say. Sure it doesn't make sense but how is that item not better overall?
    Roxas MM likes this.
  10. Cadira Augur

Bp on the right looks like a fairly significant upgrade in the places that matter to me.../shrug
    Ozon, Act of Valor, Szilent and 2 others like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

The upgraded bp is lower in hWis, hAgi, and spell damage...with zero change to hSta. Granted, it's not a whole lot, but the fact is an upgrade shouldn't be lower in ANYTHING when you're comparing the exact same slot piece using the exact same augs. Everything should be an improvement (how much is a debate for a different day).

When it comes to the tradeskilled gear, we should be comparing apples to apples (breastplate to breastplate). But, because they decided to swap around stats on pieces of gear each expansion, we're forced to compare mixed fruit salads to mixed fruit salads (a full set of visible gear to a full set of visible gear).

It's idiotic beyond belief and they need to stop it.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it still looks like it is an upgrade overall compared to the other item. I guess some would rather pass on some upgrades if not everything is as good as the previous item.
  13. Cadira Augur

I agree it's idiotic that the stats are worse in anything. Not sure why they felt the need to do it this way.

.....but the stats you mentioned are largely irrelevant, so for the op to make a post about it ignoring the fact that the stats that DO matter were significantly increased seems weird.
    Fintank likes this.
  14. Iven Antonius Bayle

[IMG]

-3 hWiS, -1 hAGI = NOT AN UPGRADE ! ;)
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Thank you!!

[IMG]

Yeah, the red is a minus, a downgrade.
    Yeah, yellow is the plus. This is the same as a weak aug.

There is no upgrade focus.

I hope this clears things up .
  16. Tucoh Augur

Two points:
    1. I hope the slight randomization that the item designers do to add noise to the gear is automated, because it's slightly annoying to most players and doesn't add real flavor. I'd prefer something that was more straight forward if it opened up more time to add meaningful flavor to items in the form of gameplay-impacting differentiation.
    2. Exponential growth is a problem, but it'll be fiiiiiine for another ten years.
  17. Crashdummy Elder

New expansion probably includes a level increase so expect serious upgrades, if Dec 2024 stays at 125 level expect less upgrades
  18. Lubianx Augur

I agree it is silly.

Individual pieces should not have decreases from the previous item. I know as a whole it is an increase but maybe this paradigm needs to be looked at.

The problem is it has been happening for quite a long time so I doubt it will change.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When those induvial decreases don't really matter in the long run because the item is still better overall what is the problem?
  20. Lubianx Augur

Not disagreeing, it still just doesn't make sense