DoN TLP, please.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Splittin, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Splittin Journeyman

Suggesting a TLP server to lock at dragons of norrath.

Bunch of guildies and I over at agnarr have been talking about this.
    We would all happily move over. Or maybe push a vote on agnarr to advance the expansions on the server.

Thoughts?
  2. Beastmal New Member

if make a specific TLP lock at DoN, i would suggest might as well do PoR for end of lvl 70 set, since DoN doesnt really add that much vs omens, dodh/por raids do add quite bit. and still have to do Oow with many still good items and to progress gear up through PoR.

end thoughts, DoN nope, PoR possibly, but still not very popular i would think
  3. Xhartor Augur

None of the 70 expansions have any where close to the amount of content that PoP or GoD have, DoN is the worst offender in that area.

Another problem that 70's expansions have is awful stat inflation on gear. If you stopped on DoN.
    Anguish + Vish is your top tier of loot.
    Everything else in DoN and OoW is Tacvi quality or worse, and Tacvi better quantity they the other options at that tier.
    Anguish is probably the easiest end game zone in all of EQ.

As for the PoR idea, that might sound good on theory, until you experience DK2.
    Ulrin and Appren like this.
  4. Splittin Journeyman

OoW would be great but DoN does allow for a little more. When you thrown in PoR you get to epic 2,5 but the idea was to stop at epic 2.0.
    DoN gives the little extra, at PoR, with wanting more content gear and levels, then the excuse because, why stop there? Next expansion you get more content and gear.
    Agnarr peaks at PoTime and its a fairly busy server, atleast in Omens, you get another Potime like dungeon and DoN gives you more content while maintaining your gain in Omens.
    Just like on agnarr when Ldon gives you a little extra on PoTime.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good Luck, I am sure the other 10 people who want this would be happy until they realise there is almost nobody playing on the server.

If Agnarr lost it's pop-locked status & instead became a "forever behind" unlock server - opening up the expansions for the next 5 levels each 5 years maybe that would have some fans as your server slow-crawled through the timeline never catching up to the live expansions & still continuing to fall-behind so long as new expansions continue to be made.
    Ulrin and Appren like this.
  6. Splittin Journeyman

Otherwise, it could stop at Omens but, then people would say, why not DoN, since its no level upgrade.
  7. Splittin Journeyman

Agnarr that is stuck at LDoN has plenty of people playing. P99 has Omens and has people.
    You dont think people dont want to play omens? or DoN? DoN was rated as one of the best in terms of people playing.
    I need you to shoulder my burden here..
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There are too few people playing who want a locked server, Agnarr is where most of the sum total number of those people are, a new DoN-locked TLP would be dead on arrival & just siphon people away from Agnarr.
    Slowly unlocking more expansions on Agnarr would be the way to go I think, as per the 5 levels every 5 years example I gave.
  9. Splittin Journeyman

Agnarr has always been a forever behind server, locked at Ldon. The 70s era of Omen and GoD was probably one of if not the best time in EQ, and thats not something you can dispute.
    Live is garbage, and why not play one of the best era's in EQ?
  10. Triconx Augur

In era OOW was fantastic. GoD was a hot mess but had potential. While GoD is nice and fixed, both expansions are pretty watered down because of player power. I found them actually pretty boring after a few weeks because of how numbingly easy the content had become. It's simply not tuned for modern player power and I doubt it ever will be.

So yes, OOW was the best, but that's not even close to being true now. It's definitely better than classic-luclin, but so is stabbing myself in the eye with a pencil.

Tss to RoF is probably the new objectively best stretch of EQ possible. RoF is arguably the best "modern" expansion ever made. Id go as far and saying maybe the GOAT expansion of all? Tss is the best full zero to max lvl expansion ever (as well as the last). SoF is a top 5 expansion ever.

Also, having a 70 era locked expansion and excluding DodH is a criminal offense. You should be sent to EQ jail aka Zek server for even suggesting an OOW/DoN lock and omitting the actual best 70 expansion.
    FranktheBank, Skuz and Appren like this.
  11. Captain Video Augur

P99 does >NOT< include OoW, it is a trilogy-only server set and always has been. You're free to lock yourself at OoW on any progression server and stay there as long as you like. It will be lonely.
    Ulrin and Skuz like this.