GDKP question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Haldi Elder

Hey guys returning eq player here trying to understand how GDKP works.

I was on Mischief last night and seen someone ranting on how the GDKP guilds funnel all the plat and all other stuff to the officers (75% of the plat generated) of that guild and the raiders only receive a small fraction (25% of the plat) is that true with these guilds?

I would really love if someone who is in a GDKP guild that can explain the break down of plat/loot distribution for me.

Trying to come back and play, and the only full schedule raid wise is with a GDKP guild, however I don't want to spend months on end raiding for no gear or pennies in a sense.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Rules would vary by guild, but a typical or basic GDKP raid works like this:

Items are bid on with plat or krono at an established plat equivalent rate.

Items are distributed to whoever bids and pays the highest.

All the money from item bids goes into a pot.

At the conclusion of the raid that pot is split equally amongst all people on the raid. Hence if there were 72 players in the raid it is split 72 ways. That split is then parceled to each player by the raid leadership possibly the next day.
  3. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I don't know why anyone would join a guild with that split, it's not like they can hide it and the splits are public knowledge. I didn't raid with one on mischief but when we did GDKP time raids on mangler the folks running it took I think a 3% split? I'd assume funneling something like 3-5% to the guild bank (not to the officers personal piggy banks) for stuff like potions, resist gear, empowered banner materials, peridots, and the other costs that your guild decides to cover.
  4. Kahna Augur

I find it hard to believe that the only guild that matches your playtimes/style is GDKP. There are tons of guilds on the server, not all advertise on the forums. I would keep looking if you don't like GDKP.

Additionally, every guild will be different. You would have to talk to each guild, officers and regular members, to see what the rules are and if members are happy with the rules.
  5. Appren Gnomercy

My guild isnt GDKP, but we did GDKP raids on offnights now and then. On those nights, the full split would go out to all participants (but not their boxes), and one extra split (so 1/50th or so) for the person handling DKP that run.
  6. Blastoff Augur

Faceless GDKP open raids don't take any admin cut. We run our raids on most Saturdays at 8:30 est except launch week.
  7. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Time X money does not do it fairly. Was with them for 3 months, never again