Class race diety combos that you would like to see?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Magneress, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Magneress Augur

I'll start off with mine:

Prexus Iksar Ranger and Wizard
    - the ikkies had big navies
    - they where accomplished warriors and naval captains
    - they are dead now, however could come back and have their outpost in an area with a shipwreck

Half Elf Wizard, Rogue of Prexus, Karana (they can be warriors of prexus already)
    - half elfs in WK already are wizards they probably worship karana
    - half elfs can be pirates :)

Half Elf Cleric - Erollisi, Bertox, Bristlebane, Quellious, Prexus
    - there's was a way to actually cheese this in classic thru some technique
    - they can be paladins
    - the above dieties are less "mainstream" and less orthodox in game with their restrictions
    - half erudite half elfs would def worship either quellious or prexus and be outcast from erude, they'd still have contact with their parents and still get granted magic from the dieties though !
    - I think bertox would take anyone
    - bristlebane is cool and would admire the half elves, who would make a pilgramage to the land of halflings
    -quellious is kind of a wanderlust diety and also would probably favor good half elfs
    -NO to innoruuk cuz he is prejudice and would not grant an impure elf his power with the exception of a dark elf+ human who both worshipped innoruuk maybe

Half elf SK, Necromancer, Bertox, and maybe innoruuk

More humans could worship Prexus, like warriors and rogues and wizards.

Gnome Beastlords, they get a mechanical rat as a pet and in the *LORE* their spells are mechanical in nature, even though they just use the same spells as regular beastlords for simplicity.

P.S. we should also be able to play a burynai pally that worships whatever they do )
    Fraknor likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

At that point you might as well allow any race/class/deity combination as long as the racial animations support the armor types that the class uses.
    Retty, Magneress and Rijacki like this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Drakkin Shaman, Berserkers and Beastlords.

All other races get StickFigure graphics unless they want to buy an illusion
    Fraknor likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

Sadly adding zerkers to any race is probably impossible. It'd require some rework to the epic quests which I believe would be a nightmare finding and changing the ancient code. This is my reasoning for believing the woodelf beast vs iksar berserker thing years ago panned out the way it did -we beast miraculously pulled ahead despite no one actually wanting them over ikky zerks. Rigged vote after they realized their mistake instead of just having the dignity to admit it. This might apply to more than zerks for similar reasons, epic quests or otherwise, that I'm unaware of.

It baffles me that they haven't added "something" in the way of new combos tho. Maybe it's just too much work?

Vah Shir not being able to be rangers is one of the most confusing things to me ever. Cats are like, the epitome of a "hunter". If they didn't want vah Shir to be all of the chain classes they should have swapped ber for ranger. Vah Shir zerk is kinda....weird (but I love both of mine!).
    Magneress likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Vah Shir monks, vah shir can be beastlord and shaman and monks are the parent class of beastlord would make sense they can be a monk.

Dark elf & high elf ranger, wood elves and half elves can be, no reason DEs can't.
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Something I would love to see, though, for dieties not normally associated with a race, a quest line.

And, yes, the any combos of EQ2 is one of the things I still prefer.
    Magneress likes this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

At this point in the game, race doesn't mean much.

They could fix any conversation about race/class combinations by adding in high level quests that earn adventurer illusion clicks. This adds an account wide ACH that allows the creation of any character to include the selection of the starting zone of choice.

Say for instance you want to be a dark elf beast lord. Once the player obtains the DEF quest flag on the account, they can create any existing race/class they want, and on character creation screen, they can select Neriak as their starting city and the character spawns in with a DEF illusion buff and a DEF mask to refresh the illusion in inventory. At the base level it's a troll, Iksar, whatever they pick that can be that class, but on a superficial level they live life as a DEF BST. You can even throw in a petamorph with the deal if you want.

I've also mentioned having a hidden illusion so that they player is always a DEF, even after death, but the server sees them as a Troll BST. Yes it's a work around and maybe even a sloppy one but it could work.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Magneress Augur

Yeah!

They definitely need ranger and monk.

I like the idea of Dwarven bards, limited to Brell and Bristlebane and maybe prexus, karana, and solro. And gnome druids too since gnomes start with a working druid portal and I don't exactly see why tunare would turn them away if they changed their ways.

Wood elf wizards of solro with something to do with takish hiz.

Most of all if the devs did unlock or add new race, class, diety combos. There should be be lore reasons.

I don't know how to work in nature classes like druid for dark elf, ogre, or troll. DE druids and beastlords would be awesome though. I would say no to DE rangers just because Drizzit is special.

And I prefer onion rings and milk shakes )

**edit** perhaps Luclin would make for somewhere of a good evil nature diety. Though her domain should include all evil casters primarily.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

10. zleski Augur

Gnome Shamans that worship Bertox. Gnomes can be Bertox-worshipping Clerics and Necromancers, so it seems like Shaman is a perfect fit.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Troll Bard, his musical specialty would be bass guitar Gene Simmons style.
    Roxas MM and Rijacki like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Troll: Druid, Monk
    Ogre: Druid, Monk
    Dark Elf: Paladin, Bard
    Gnome: Monk, Beastlord - but no the pet is not a clockwork, instead it would be a "steam-borg" an animal with the clockwork equivalent of "bionics body parts" like a Steamwork Jaw to increase its bite-strength, rather than a rat I'd go with a Beaver or Termite since they are "Builder" creatures and Gnomes love to build stuff too.
    Iksar: Berserker, Druid
    Dwarf: Shadowknight, Necromancer, Shaman
    Guktan: Beastlord - Salamander Pet
    Erudite: Warrior
    High Elf: Warrior
    Half-Elf: Wizard, Mage
    Halfling: Bard, Enchanter
    Wood Elf: Monk
    Vah Shir: Monk, Druid
    Drakkin: nothing they got enough already
    Human: nothing they got enough already
    Barbarian: Paladin, Cleric
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Halfling Bard
    Dwarf Bard
    Human Shaman and Beastlord (Humans should be the most versatile)
  14. Tyranthraxus Grognard

All races all classes all deitys. Limits are stupid.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Iven the Lunatic

I would like to rename the thread into:
    "Class race diety combos that you would NEVER like to see?"

The only combo from the thread that would make sense to me is Halfling Bard.
    (Bristlebane, Agnostic, Brell Serilis)

Even that there is some logic behind Wood Elf Monk or Vah Shir Monk and some others, I don't want to see those ever.
  16. code-zero Augur

I can't take any of these seriously after seeing the conniptions that some people had over EW BL and Froglok Monk.
  17. Iven the Lunatic

EW BL = Easter(n) Wastes Beastlord ? An orc controlling a deadly snow bunny warder ? ...
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Elf of Wood:p
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

Luclin officially accepts the Vah Shir on her moon now and has offered to lend her power to someone without worship provided he works for her. Vah Shir cleric isn't so far fetched now with the conditions she gave Loda Kai being rather humble for a god.
  20. Sumien New Member

Never understood why a wood elf couldn't be a Paladin of Tunare