How to get to Crypt of Decay (TBM) basement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I watched the tour video on EQResource, and I didn't see any trick to get there, but when I go to the chair near the ZI, no amount of clicking will get me to the basement. I see that in PoP, you have to pass some kind of progression to get to the basement, but nothing I found said this applies to the TBM zone. So, what am I missing?
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Other than having the mirror which ports you to Demiplane of Decay there is no progression that I remember. Once in Decay just run thru the mayor's house to the back hedge and click the stone grave which will zone you into the Crypt.

Then a few steps away is the bone chair. It does not "zone" you to where your loading a screen but just morphs you into the basement. By a big green pulsing light in the center. When you want to go back up then click that green light.

Never had any trouble clicking it anywhere unlike some things that are tricky to click
  3. Brickhaus Augur

Nothing.

The method is the same as the regular CoD zone. Click the chair at the entrance to go down. I usually try to click on the back or the arm.

There have been times when I haven't been able to to click down on a character for a good long time (while the other 5 click down with one click). Usually when that happens, I change point of view on the "bugged" character and eventually click down.

I have no idea why it's like this. But it's just something that's been happening since the start (for me at least).
  4. Disapointed Lorekeeper

walk near chair and hit the u button, if your controls are reasonably set to normal, you will negate the click all together
    Annastasya likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for the replies.

As is typical EQ, I went back in there this morning, and no issues at all clicking through to the basement, and then back up again ;)
    Svann2 likes this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think sometimes if you stand too close its difficult to find the click.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've found clicking the chair to be problematic. Sometimes it works and sometimes you are clicking a dozen times and it isn't working.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Do not try and click the chair. That's impossible
    Instead... only try to realize the truth.

There is no chair.

[IMG]
    Tatanka and Nennius like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

We can all be one with "The One".
  10. Annastasya Augur

i have found that being shrunk or a small race, sometimes makes that particular click-to-port-somewhere difficult. About half as difficult as the Port-in click for Plane of Water.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Years ago, back when they still had the issue tracker website, I reported a bug where small races (either natural or an illusion) that were under an aura couldn't click on anything. They tested it and confirmed it as bug, but as far as I know, they never did any further investigation or resolved it.

I haven't tested it recently, so I don't know if the bug is still around.
  12. Stephen51 Augur

Are you a gnome or a halfling? Or have you shrunk down as small as you can go? I've found when playing a small race or being fully shrunk can cause a problem clicking the chair.

Just to clarify as well, if the POP zone required some sort of flagging (I don't remember) this one does not. If you can get into the zone, you can get into the basement.