Wishing they DB would make a TLP that discourages PLVLING

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pershing2, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Pershing2 New Member

Everyone of these TLP's are ending up gearing towards PLVLING. I am sure it is so more ppl buy more crap. But since it takes away from the fun of a chance of failure or when people enter a zone and the plvlers have pulled whole zone... just makes it alot harder for the people who want to do tradeskills or need a certain kill for a quest. I am just getting tired of all the plvling and making it harder to find a group to game with.
    Zrender likes this.
  2. kenmei Augur

RMT and PLvlrs are all that pay the bills, they have drove everyone else from the game.
    DBG knows this, they dug themselves into this hole long ago.
    I feel your pain, but until DBG opens a team pvp server so we can kill the rmt/plvers. repeatedly, and then camp them.... That's the only way to have an EQ worth having at this point.
    an EQ server of skill, otherwise its just another server of who has the most krono to spend, dupe, exploit, with no repercussions from the devs, cause they too scared to lose that last sales base of the actual deviants who destroyed their game.
    in many ways the game imitates life. they say you are in their world now, but...it's the same crappy world.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

What a ridiculous exaggeration. The abundance of customers wanting to avoid the level grind, buy cheap krono and/or gear is why we have the "RMT and PLvlrs".

If they actually did drive everyone else away there would be no reason to stay.
    Appren and Go Take A Nap like this.
  4. Joliet New Member

That actually sounds kinda fun... Though, I personally wouldn't do open PvP.

I wonder if they could change things up a bit and make it so you could have a 1v2 team server. Three different factions. It likely wouldn't be racial but maybe deity based or something that separates three different populations relatively equally without inherently giving any of them an advantage.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Until they warp a bunch of SK's on top of you and insta HT you to death. These people don't mess around when it comes to protecting their financial interests.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Only way to get rid of it would be to making leveling up and getting your AA's trivial and allowing anyone to create a new character and be at max.
  7. Talis New Member

Spoken like some one who has never played a real open world PvP game where RMT is a thing. Generally speaking the only force that is scarier than the big pvp guilds in an open world pvp game, are the rmt botters because they will just raise the price of plat/krono so they can afford more accounts and are more willing to out right cheat and set up enough bots to one shot anyone that tries to steal their camps.
  8. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Lets be clear on one thing: DPG is not going to do a PvP TLP server. They have basically said as much, so that solution is terrible.

Power leveling and RMT are only a problem on newer servers. These problems fade away as the server moves further along into its lifespan. The majority of TLP servers are past the point where these things are an issue. The real issue is with the early game itself in allowing these practices. However, if changes were made to the early game to prevent things like this from occurring the same people asking for these issues to be fixed would cry and moan and complain that the game isn't "classic" enough. Its a catch-22.

We can have a debate about the breakdown of people making characters on a brand new TLP server, as to what percentage of those are average players versus people there for RMT versus people moonlighting on a new server to make a few quick krono and then go back to their home server. Regardless to what these numbers are, the fact remains that everyone knows how toxic and competitive a new TLP server is at launch, yet people still keep coming back, year after year, and then being surprised when they encounter the same toxic behavior that was present on the last TLP server.

Bottom-line is this: At this point the competitive (read:toxic) nature of the first few eras of EQ are a core part of the TLP experience it seems. This will be the 9th year in a row that they have launched a TLP server. People have been vocal about these issues for that entire time. Nothing has changed, and each year enough people roll on the new server and buy bags, and xp pots and mounts that DPG has deemed it lucrative enough to do it again the next year. As long as this keeps happening, and it WILL keep happening, I wouldn't hold my breath that any corrective action is going to be taken.
  9. Schwifty Journeyman

I've never been inconvenienced by a PL group any more than a normal group camping an area I wanted. I personally don't know anyone that has paid to be PL but know plenty that were PL by their friends/guildies. Some alts, but mostly new mains as certain classes become relatively weak with a new expansion.
    Critt likes this.