Oakwynd = NO PLVLING?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by UNDEADCRUSHER, Apr 25, 2023.

1. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

The lock engage means you cant swarm plvl anyone right?
  2. magikarp Elder

we don't know for sure yet, but if it stays exactly how it is written now, you may still plvl by /yell'ing at each of the mobs to unlock them one by one, which reverts the mobs back into a standard dps race where 50%+1 dmg wins exp

this may change before oakwynd or during the early weeks of the server, because the system is untested
  3. Arclyte Augur

has to be tested on the test server to be sure
  4. Appren Gnomercy

Hopefully PL will still work as before.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The only change to PL will be out of group support with detrimental spells unless targets are unlocked with /yell.
  6. Balrigard Journeyman

This component will actually make it easier to PL lower levels, depending on how the /yell function is going to work.
  7. code-zero Augur

I'd laugh if the level difference counted with /yell and you receive XP as if grouped with the high level
  8. Obliteration Elder

Um, no.

Hopefully people actually have to play the game now as opposed to paying krono/plat and afking.

Playing EverQuest isn't a chore, if you don't want to then don't
  9. TLP Addict Augur

Bring back the rat ears!
    Lineater, Appren and 7arami like this.
  10. anonymous_ Lorekeeper

There will always be powerleveling. If there's a market for a service, someone will provide that service. See: every MMO that ever existed.
  11. Go Take A Nap Augur

Not everyone falls into this narrow category. A lot of people that pay for PLs dont have time to enjoy the game they love. Id rather have a lot of people playing EQ , from all walks of life, then just the retirement community that have time to play 6-8 hours a day.

If the servers were really slow unlocks, then sure. But until that type of server unlocks then your line of thinking is just wrong.
  12. Talis New Member

More likely it means no plvl except through plvl services... because manually targetting everything and typing /yell is not going to be very reasonable when you have 20-50+ mobs on agro... but with certain programs they can script it up relatively trivially.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't need to have outside support to PL someone and it can be done with a single group and you can still have outside buffs/heals.
  14. Obliteration Elder

Nah, many of the people paying for PLing are doing so because others are and they feel as if they are missing out by xping slower than bot crews.

Once they fix afk xping through bots/aeing people will go back to playing the game for xp just like most did before aeing became so widespread
    Magician9001 likes this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Time will tell as always. If there's money to be made then people will find away, new scripts will be written to work around the changes just like when they nerfed Enchanter stuns.
  16. Critt Augur

lol, you guys are so funny... I love how you think your way is the only way to play.... How about you stop worrying about other people and what they do or don't do? "errrmagad they are hogging a whole zone.... there's only 500 other zones I can go to they are ruining my EQ experience..." get a grip. "OMG RMT is ruining the the game... " RMT has existed since launch it's not going anywhere, so again stop worrying about other people and do your own thing.
  17. Ruhi Augur

with this sentiment - why are you against fte? stop worrying about other people tagging your mob and do your own thing.... there's only 500 other zones you can go to
  18. Critt Augur

apples to oranges.... I'm sure you understand the expression...But to clarify I'm not necessarily against FTE, I just think it's a terrible feature to test on a TLP and I wanted a Mischief clone instead of the junk TLP they are putting out this year. But thanks for your interest.
  19. Ruhi Augur

Mischief was a test - the random loot - cool with that test though

your argument doesn't hold water cause tlps have "tested" all kinds of things - some of it has become standard like aoc's, picks, truebox. some of it has been one-offs like random loot, level-less skill checks, modified required lvls on loot.

you're not against fte but you think it's a terrible feature --- hmmm ok
  20. Critt Augur

You seem confused, my post had nothing to do with FTE or the new server. I'm not sure why you are trying to tie them together but it's a waste of time. You are comparing two things that are unalike and so your argument is pointless.