Solo monk levelling

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scarhand, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Scarhand New Member

So I just started a monk on mischief. I know I could boot up my box and roll a shaman and easily duo to max level but I kind of just want to chill with one toon for a bit. I'm not against grouping and will happily do so when I find or can make one but I suspect that with where the server is that there aren't going to be that many groups available. That said does anyone have any advice on where to go and/or tips and tricks on solo monk levelling? Thanks for your feedback.
  2. Appren Gnomercy

Pretty much just follow the path from Crescents reach. Possibly get a couple players to group with on the way. Once you hit 40ish, a solid Velks group is always a good option, if there is one. As for tricks, there isnt that much tricks, but take advantage of out of combat regen if you solo, find a flow where you kill a few mobs, get to low HP, then sit down for a couple minutes to regen to max, and repeat, instead of focusing on how to get as much combat regen as possible. AC is king, even for a solo monk (maybe behind max DPS ofc...)!
  3. Kazzuk Elder

lots of cheep options on mischief for a solo monk too, grab one of the regen chests and some level 1 proc weapons and go to town. The skyshrine armor will all be wearable at level 1 as well making a twink solo monk pretty easy on free trade.
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

To what level are you realistically hoping to solo to? There is going to be a point where, unfortunately, you are going to hit a wall as a solo monk as far as being able to obtain xp efficiently.

At the higher levels, you need a few things to be able to solo effectively, without a merc. You need your epic 2.0 for the 25% (max 10k) heal every 3 minutes. You are going to need potions and you are going to need to max your mend AAs. Keeping these 3 things staggered and on cooldown should keep you alive for the most part. You may need to FD every now and then waiting on either mend, a potion or your epic to be available again. Lifetap proc weapons are very good as well.