Feature Request: Bulk Overseer Agent Conversion.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Souliwarr, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Giving players the option to toggle on/off getting new agents via critical successes would also go a long way to making this situation better. Right now, there is literally no way to prevent gaining agents, even when you have them all and all OS stats are maxed out, making more agents useless.
    Windance and Rijacki like this.
  2. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

I'd prefer the time was spent refactoring the code so it didn't lag like crazy when your agent count grows towards the high 3-figures count.
    Elyssanda and tanith like this.
  3. tanith Augur

I'd like to see some use for those extra agents!
    Perhaps we could trade them for OS currency? Or extra missions? Or tell us there will be new agents in the future so we'll need them for future agent development?
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I suspect that any new agents will now come from seasonal Overseer tasks (or buying them in the store), so keeping extras around to convert and get newly added agents is probably no longer a thing.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Bernel Augur

Once you have all the agents, how much does it really matter to the end results to have lots of dups of the common and non-iconic agents? I just keep 1 of everything and haven't had any problems completing the quests. Even if the best agent is not available because they're already on another quest, using the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. best agents instead seems to work out just fine. I have so many agents that it's never a problem outfitting the quest to get 85%+ success rate. Since the dups are only the lower-level agents, I'm not sure that the success rate would be changed all that much by having dups of those agents. I used to keep 2 of the commons and non-iconics, but now I don't worry about it and just keep 1 of everything. I can't say I noticed any difference by getting rid of all the dups.
  6. Evurkvest Augur

^^^^
    This

Also have Auto-Fill pick iconics for conversion first untill there is one of each type left.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It would be nice if you only had to hit the collect button once to collect all your rewards. You could still go through them individually via the select reward screen.
    Vumad, Aenvar, Nenton and 1 other person like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Do you mean on the Overseer window where it lists running quests? Yeah, being able to just hit a button and claim all the rewards of tasks that are finished would be awesome.

Anything that reduces the clicking is a good thing.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Sadly, currently the quests don't go to "complete" unless they're in focus after the time they should be completed. That's when the game goes through the process to roll the RNG to determine the outcome and that's after the LONG delay when you open the Overseer window itself when it is sorting out the returns or whatnot of agents that were still on a cooldown and not the ones in the current tasks.

Honestly, I would rather get a longer pause when opening the Overseer window (even better if it didn't freeze the whole game as it does now) and have it process all of the current tasks that have their time completed. I doubt it would happen without freezing the game, but, like the boats or spire transport, I could open the window and take a small break to get a snack or some such if everything was processed then and didn't have so many pause points.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Bernel Augur

Perhaps the chance of a crit could be tied to the number of agents. The more agents you have, the less chance you have of a crit. Which would kind of make sense in a RPG way. If a group of agents went out and was so successful that others wanted to join up, whether they told the newcomers to join up would depend on how many agents there were. If the agents were needed, they would ask the agents to join up. If the barracks were overflowing, they would tell them to go somewhere else.

Or perhaps you could still get a crit, but the reward might be something else. The more agents you have, the less chance you get the agent reward. Instead, you get Overseer currency or something like that.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

No, because crits mean extras of other things as well...dispenser fragments, tradeskill materials, currency.

Agents are the one critical success reward that becomes meaningless at a certain point. Being able to turn those off while still getting the other extra rewards would be the best solution. Or, move the extra agents to it's own separate reward to claim.
    code-zero, Rijacki and Bernel like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry for the TL;DR response, but just wanted to chime in real quick....

Had a boatload of agents on 3 accounts, decided to finally clean them up last night since we now have auto-fill.

Took just over an hour, and got all the way down to 4 each for commons, 3 each for uncommons, and singles for the rest. Biggest backlog on one account wound up generating 11 elite echos (would have been much more, but many of the common conversions were kept to get the uncommons to 3 each).

I know this is a feature many want, but as in all things EQ, there are the features we wait for (and may never see) and the work-arounds we can do now if we choose to. I'd encourage everyone to just take an hour and use auto-fill to work through the backlog. It's not that bad.

And now that we have auto-fill, I'll spend 10 minutes every couple of weeks, and keep the backlog from ever getting that big again!
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A crit does more then just provide you with an agent as it increases all the rewards from that mission and this would just make the system worse the more agents you have.
    Bernel and Rijacki like this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

With auto-fill on conversions, this might be my new "activity" while I am listening in on boring work meetings. Working from home can be so handy. :p

I would rather not spend an hour or more that I have for actual game play poking at the conversions.
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Paladin Augur

After a point, conversion of Agents becomes moot. As you have them all. At that point, you just start accumulating large numbers of extra agents. I can't help but wonder when you have a large agent pool (most of which are Iconic)... could it be contributing to Overseer lag?

So, to add to this idea, rather than converting Agents, maybe we could 'sell' their contracts back to the Overseer vendor for Tetradrachms (at an increasing amount, based on rarity).

And / or... as previously suggested... be able to toggle off (and on) the awarding of more Agents. This should not interfere with the seasonal Agents... since they are awarded via Achievements, and not Overseer Tasks (i.e. Recruit or Overseer Critical successes).
  16. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Or at least have that as an option for the mote when retiring an agent at any rarity (with the amount based on rarity, of course). Having a "bulk" retirement would be nice, too, with the commons also retire-able with the only option being either a single random common (re-roll essentially) or a small amount of Tetradrachms.
  17. Bernel Augur

To minimize the "sitting around doing nothing for 10s" time while doing conversions, I often do two conversions at the same time. I'll either be doing simultaneous conversions on two different accounts or be doing two different conversions on the same account (e.g. common and uncommon together). While one 10s conversion is going on, I can start another conversion. The first conversion is finished by the time I switch back to it. One thing though is that with the ease of auto-fill, I have to keep an eye on the dup agents. It's pretty easy to keep converting while switching back and forth and end up converting the single agents. But that's a minor inconvenience since it makes the process feel quicker compared to single conversions and waiting for the 10s countdown to be over.

Does anyone know why conversions take 10s? It seems like it could just happen instantly. One reason I thought of might be to give you time to cancel the conversion if you started it by accident. But that doesn't seem like a very good reason since that 10s gets annoying after a while. I'd much rather have instant conversions and take the risk of an accidental conversion every once in a while. Another reason might be some kind of server issue where there needs to be 10s between certain Overseer actions, but that's just a guess.
  18. Bobokin Augur

At the very least have a new Overseer quest named "Mass Conversion" allowing the commonly people to be converted by faith into uncommonly people.

Nine commons for three uncommons. The flock must be culled.
  19. Bobokin Augur

This doesn't work on accounts that have too many commons. The game just locks while the countdown progresses.

One should not allow commons get much above 7 each, as it will slow Overseer to a crawl. At 15 or more, it takes a lot of time just to do the five Overseer quests. It is almost painful.