Hero's Forge Suit Consolidator

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sokki, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think I saw Ngreth say somewhere that he's going to be taking a look at adding stuff to the Loyalty Merchant soon. Fingers crossed this makes the list!!
    davnegsep likes this.
  2. Szilent Augur

I don't want something metered to Loyalty. I'm not trying to sell this stuff on to short circuit Daybreak's money sales. I just want to store what I have.
    davnegsep likes this.
  3. davnegsep Journeyman

I agree. Dev should add Hero's Suit Consolidators in Loyalty Merchants and in overseer rewards.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  4. Celephane Augur

I AGREE YOUR LARGE TEXT IS HUGELY VISIBLE AND EVERYONE LOVES IT
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I agree, I would prefer it to be something more readily attainable than the Loyalty Merchant. Something like Tradeskills or even Overseer now (Overseer wasn't out when I first made this post). But seeing how the only way to attain them atm is by breaking out the wallet (which you can get as many as you want from) any ingame option is better than no ingame option.

I don't think the Hero's Forge keyring was even out when I first made this post but that was a huge boost in storage. I personally haven't hit the keyring cap but I know someone who has and if I remember right he said it's capped at 250 slots. That's a lot of storage for Hero's Forge now but it all costs real money and it's not very friendly if you want to swap which ornaments you're wearing. If I unpacked all my suits the 250 cap on the keyring would be far from holding all of my suits unpacked.
    davnegsep likes this.
  6. Mazame Augur

The already have these in pok up by the library for the Trade skill items. They could use the same thing for heroic forge
    davnegsep likes this.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yes, there are already a couple npc's that do this. But I still think it would take a decent bit of effort to implement given how many Hero's Forge items there are already, it would also need to be updated to work on new sets as they come out.

Adding the consolidators ingame shouldn't be too hard to implement since the items already exist, it's just a matter of putting an ingame option in for them. Now that we have the Hero's Forge keyring as well that's basically the same thing the npc would do but we have access to it anywhere we are.
    davnegsep likes this.
  8. Angahran Augur

Would be fun if you could combine a full suit into a placeable item where you could select the race and the sex.
    Have the option to return this item to the NPC to get the usable armor ornaments back or select a different race/sex placeable item.
    davnegsep likes this.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I like the idea of making them placeable! It's been brought up before with a couple different idea's, having it change between several races and sex would probably be a lot of work though. But if we could just get an Armor Rack that they can be displayed on or just 1 generic model "Doug" I would be happy with that. I think it would be a nice addition to houses/guild halls, a lot of the sets look really awesome and it would be nice to be able to decorate with them.
    Rijacki and davnegsep like this.
  10. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

I'd like to see the hero's forge ornament tab allow you to hot switch between sets rather than having to pack and unpack sets every time you want to change your appearance.
    minimind and davnegsep like this.
  11. Bobokin Augur

The answer is to make them a single purchase. They should not go poof on the combine.

Even so, this is so clunky. One still has to take out a suit, uncombine, switch the ornaments, and consolidate the old ones (if they are a whole suit).
  12. Bobokin Augur

That would be nice, but if they tried it, my guess is that it would be buggy and they would have a gazillion "lost ornaments" complaints filed almost immediately.

Remember, this is a game that often can't count from 3 Overseer agents to 2.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Or 5 overseer quests become 4 when it's time to earn your rewards?
  14. Bobokin Augur

The Hero's Forge keyring is better than nothing, but it is inferior to the EQ2 wardrobe.

It would be nice if either the keyring would unpack and pack suits automatically with a click button or allow multiple Hero's Forge Suit Consolidators to be stored with the keyring.
  15. Bobokin Augur

The Hero's Forge Suit consolidator cost 781 crowns or is a DB Store purchase each time one is needed. That is not good for players that change character looks often.

Please make this item a one time buy or at least give it 10 charges!
  16. uberkingkong Augur

Be nice, and reward ornaments instead of wasting inventory it just goes to your collection and if you decide to change up your look again, you have a wardrobe tab, like GW2 does.

I've already deleted my reward ornaments, I looked at it and said, no chance. But be nice to have in a wardrobe collection just in case I changed my mind.
    Bobokin likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Things have changed since the beginning of this thread and even though we now have the HF Keyring I only use it to store incomplete sets so I can easily see what I need when shopping in the baz or favorite suites I like to wear.

Otherwise, I use the suit consolidators to store sets I am not that fond of and prob won't wear again. I store them all in one house.

Also If I make an alt then I can take the suit out of the consolidator and it will now be tradeable so I can sell it or give it to the alt.
  18. Bobokin Augur

Please make the Hero's Suit Consolidator a one time purchase, or at least give it 10 charges. That would make the Hero's Forge Keyring more valuable and simple to use.
  19. Monkeychunks Augur

I don't understand how this would make the key ring more valuable? You can't put the consolidator into the key ring. Only individual pieces.

Doesn't the HF ring hold 350 now? That's like 50 armor sets. I put mine in the Consolidator and stick that in a house.
  20. Bobokin Augur

The keyring holds suits.

It holds 14 items to begin. It is $4 for 7 more slots or $15 for 35 more slots.

I don't know how you came up with 350, but that would be like $143 and a pain in the butt. No thanks.
    Fenthen likes this.