EQ2 PvP TLP opening in a couple hours if you need a TLP fix

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zrender, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Zrender Augur

Should be fun. At least until Oakwynd opens. IMHO EQ2 PvP is a bit more fun than EQ1 PvP even though I prefer EQ1 for PvE. Anyway, see you there on one or the other.

For those that don't know; If you're subbed to EQ1 then you're already subbed to EQ2.

If you want to put this thread on an EQ1 topic feel free to discuss the advantages of EQ1 vs EQ2 for pvp. Anyway, just a heads up for people needing a TLP fix. The high population mad rush at the start is the same in EQ2. Peace ;-)

Edit: It's free-trade too iirc. You may want to double check that though.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Thats not a high bar. Stubbing my toe is more fun than eq1 pvp
    Koshk, Appren, Trox2010 and 1 other person like this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Didn't they put one of these out a couple of years ago and it turned into a ghost town after a couple of months?
  4. Trox2010 Augur

Yeah; the new one isn't doing much better from what I seen last night when I jumped on for a bit to kill time until FTE hits Test.
    Zrender likes this.
  5. kenmei Augur

reasons as to why eq2 pvp dies:

1. most importantly, its eq2. not even half as popular as the original with less than half the lore.

2. the lore that does exist contradicts everything learned in eq1, so most eq1 players wont enjoy eq2.

3. eq2 pvp is a worse gankfest than rallos zek in the newbie lands. and becomes a gankfest from there on out, where every zone in is a dead spot, every bank is a 'gank and lose everythin' spot. The devs havent listened to a word ppl ask for.

4. they ask you to pay for the privilege of this abuse then will always delete the server 4months later without warning. something very eq2. Thus ppl avoid eq2 altogether.

comparing the desire for eq1 deity pvp to return vs eq2 pvp is apples to oranges, most eq1 players are repelled at the thought of eq2. it's that bad.
  6. Britans New Member

There is a reason why Everquest 1 pvp and Everquest 2 pvp servers are not in a good place. Spoiler alert to everyone (includes DPG staff), PVP in general is not the reason that everquest pvp servers are either ghost towns or failing, it's due to the fact that no one is actively trying to balance and make pvp viable. I know you're going to get your forum board warriors who cry its unpopular, but the forum population crying makes up less than 1% of the actual player base. PVP is proven to be successful as a genre, multiple VERY successful mmo's, including WoW, have shown there is a major market for it. So, DPG, if you want to look at ways to increase player base, look at fixing pvp and launch a new one. Last major PVP update on EQ 1, 2014......
  7. Obliteration Elder

When I played it was fairly well balanced for group vs group pvp, but not for 1v1.

This is many years ago tho
  8. kenmei Augur

thing that drives me nuts, is that the sullon zek (deity pvp) server blade is somewhere in their warehouse. Just re-link it up. we can deal with issues arising from it, and will help re-build it, but the code exists if they would just reconnect the server blade.
  9. Shakara Augur

Heyyyy... I said this first
  10. anonymous_ Lorekeeper

Splitting the limited TLE population over in EQ2 would be really detrimental to the health of the "current" TLE, so I think they're more free to play around with unpopular rulesets in the years between traditional TLEs.
  11. kenmei Augur

if you're speaking of splitting pvp populations. it's not a valid consideration, those who advocate for EQ1 pvp would not advocate for EQ2 and visa versa, those two player bases do not share or play both games on the average. They are two very different games.

if you're speaking of the TLE population, TLE is their word for a pvp tlp server I believe, so its it's own population. The TLP population is their non pvp playerbase who eventually will force EQ2 to delete the TLE because it hurts their eyes in 4 months.
  12. anonymous_ Lorekeeper

TLE (Time-Locked Expansion) is the term they use for all EQ2 "TLPs". I'm saying that if they released 2 traditional TLEs in a row in EQ2 the population would be split too much for either server to be healthy. Therefore they only release a traditional TLE every 2-3 years.

I don't know which game has the higher overall population between EQ and EQ2, but EQ definitely has a massively larger population that's exclusively interested in progression servers.
  13. kenmei Augur

Thanks for the clarification. I always assumed because the way they had their forums set up, tle was a 'temporary' server that wont merge, they just delete it. they handle server endings differently there.

tlp on EQ are very popular mainly because EQ classic is the best game up til AAs when things start to show flaws. a good year of playtime for the game before it unravels, unless its time locked like Agnarr.
    tlp are more popular than live servers because live servers have all been decimated long ago by the krono mafia boxers. Tlps gives them new chances to rob folks, but also new chances for folk to try and avoid them, which is also dumb. thus each new tlp having gimmicks to lure folks to play with the krono mafia, because they really do not want to.
    (pvp could solve this, but that would mean work for eq devs. and also prove they werent part of, nor directly profiting from the krono mafia boxers. yeah, that)

back on topic, i played the first 2 pvp eq2 servers, and they were gank fests. they changed no rules nor made adjustments from 'valuable player feedback' the second time. Reading how the third time is going, and low and behold, no changes and no adjustments from the first generation release, and its a gankfest, they even advertised it as a gankfest, how cute. servers already dead 2nd day, just like any day on Rallos but without guilds nor any reason to be there. Same amount of dev support it seems like as well.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

It's been over a week the EQ2 PvP TLE, still HEAVY population status.

So those of you talking about.
    "we had a pvp interest gauged but no one showed up"
    I don't wanna hear that about EQ PvP interest.
    A good amount of the players are actually players from EQ as well,
    EQ2 PvP is team based, if it was rallos zek ruleset, sure that server would be dead by now, no one would show up to a rallos zek ruleset.

Seems like EQ does somethings right. EQ2 does somethings right.
    The dev's the think tankers (the employee think tankers, not forum warriors), the actual employees who make a difference. They need to piece it together.
    Need more communication, within your company, if they can hone down on whats good and implement those things in either EQ or EQ2 or both or EQ3, a lot of improvements could happen.
    [IMG]
    EQ2 PvP works
    EQ PvP doesn't work (ruleset is hinderance)
    EQ they have map zone finder feature
    EQ2 no map zone finder feature, (no /camp desktop either, 20 second camp? why difference?)
    EQ wizards have to mem 50+ portals, gates, etc.
    EQ2 place a portal, people click on it and click on the zone they goto, easy 1 2 3

So much stuff one game does and the other is bad at. Yet they don't even try to work on their pros and cons and put the things that work in one game into another.

Instead they just keep wondering why no one shows up to EQ PvP rallos zek ruleset interest gauge event that no one even knows about. That dataset, its in EQ2, its an EQ game, seriously. EQ has the problem, asking for a showup when problem still exists of course you wont get a showup. Fix it. Easy fixes. Already been done in EQ before type fixes.

EQ needs to bring on the EQ2 PvP think tanker they know what they doing.
    EQ2 needs to bring on the EQ UI person, EQ2 UI is pretty bad. Whose idea was it to make clicking on coins so difficult? I never moved my inventory or as they call it in EQ2 character menu from trying to move gold/plat around. In EQ2 I'll mess up my inventory position because its so hard to click on gold.
    EQ2 racial abilities, EQ could learn something from them. THEY ACTUALLY MATTER! USEFUL!
    EQ2 AA system is a bit better than EQ. Easier to read and follow.
  15. Arclyte Augur

is this an AI chatbot post?
    Installing Updates, Koshk and Koniku like this.