Fabled Required Levels

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brovaar, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Brovaar Elder

Daybreak,

Can you consider changing required level to recommended level on fabled items? On TLP and even live some of the old content fabled items would get new life if this feature was changed.
    Doze and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Could you provide some examples of what should be changed?
  3. Dalyrina Elder

Literally, the rec/req on almost all of them. I'd say 98% of it is completely useless when each expansion's actually becomes available.
    Joules_Bianchi, Doze and Lejaun like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you provide examples of what you are thinking it helps the devs understand your request better which lets the evaluate it better. I am talking about providing some items and including what drops them and list what you think should be changed about them with the current values and your proposed values.
  5. Dalyrina Elder

Fabled mobs.
    Their Fabled items.
    Remove the rec/req levels.

Do you know what any of these things actually are? Are you a bot? Let's be honest they aren't going to remove those restrictions, much less redesign all of the items nor am I going to do that job for them.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am just trying to provide some advice to make a more fully fledged suggestion to get more details in so the devs can fully understand what you are asking for. Just making a request like this without any additional information such as what levels you think the items should be useable at doesn't provide much value for the devs and makes the request easier to ignore.

I am not asking you do to all the work but you could provide an example of a current fabled item, the levels it can be used at, and what levels you think it should be used at.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

According to a search of https://items.eqresource.com/itemsearch.php?searchid=16041 there are 644 different Fabled Items. Fabled spans 5 expansions worth of content both in group zones ranging from basically noob all the way up to raid mobs. I'm sure the devs know exactly which items are bothering you though.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  8. Dalyrina Elder

I can't comment on the PoP ones because they were unkillable as of last year. Luclin is the only set that remotely makes sense.

But every item from classic to velious holds no value outside of a couple clicks, one shield (that somehow managed to not get tagged with a req level), and 1 or 2 other items out of velious that would require your 70-75 to be very desperate gear wise to actually use.

The stats paired with their current rec/req are a no go. I think the idea of the event actually has merit and since it's something they roll out on a yearly basis it'd be nice if it had accompanying loot that was worthy of acquiring to go along with it.

Form a development standpoint it seems easiest to just remove the rec/req and make it twink gear or reschedule when each expansion's fableds become available.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Fabled Lodizal Shell Shield at 68 required is lame for the level and the original is known twink gear. The fabled utterly misses the point.
  10. Vikven New Member

I agree with this request. On Mischief, the fabled items are not competitive due to their level requirements.

Every fabled item should have the recommended level removed and the required level reduced by 15 or 20 levels. Otherwise, the majority of these items will end up meeting the destroy button.

An example.
    Fabled Zealot’s Incarnadine Sword
    LORE ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
    Slot: PRIMARY
    Skill: 2H Slashing Atk Delay: 35
    DMG: 37 Dmg Bonus: 115
    This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
    STR: +15 DEX: +9 STA: +15 AGI: +9 HP: +120 MANA: +100 ENDUR: +100
    SV DISEASE: +13 SV COLD: +13 SV POISON: +25
    Required level of 60.
    Effect: Soul Bond (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)
    WT: 10.0 Size: LARGE
    Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD BER
    Race: ALL
    Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
    Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)
    By level 45 in the current expansion the following 2h weapons are available.
    https://www.raidloot.com/items?name=&class=&slot=&type=Weapon_2Hand&augslot=&level=45&source=TSS and older&prestige=Include&order=WeaponRatio&view=Table
    There are 38 2handed weapons better than this fabled weapon available to a lvl 45 on Mischief.
    This is a singly picked item, however you can look at every fabled from lower guk, Solb, Kunark, or Velious and will see that the level requirement is too high. The shield that Fabled Faydedar drops has no level requirement and that is what I would expect for fabled items. There are very few useful fabled items for the level it takes to get them. These items are twink gear at best and could be much more fun and useful if the level requirement was removed or relaxed.If you do the same search for level 60: https://www.raidloot.com/items?name=&class=&slot=&type=Weapon_2Hand&augslot=&level=60&source=TSS and older&prestige=Include&order=WeaponRatio&view=Table
    You will see nearly 100 weapons better than this 2handed fabled weapon available to a lvl 60.
    Doze and pipedreams3 like this.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

It would be amazing if fabled was anywhere to the realm of useful items for their level.
    Joules_Bianchi and Astral64 like this.
  12. E4MC New Member

Just compare the required/recommended level of a piece of fabled gear to the required/recommended level of a piece of defiant gear and you'll quickly draw the conclusion that fabled gear and the fabled mob event is worthless. In many cases, a much lower level piece of defiant gear is better than a much higher level piece of fabled gear.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

However, Defiant isn't available on a TLP until possibly SoF (when they were added to the game).

Between the time of the cited Fabled and the addition of Defiant there was more than one itemization sweep where they didn't increase the stats of many/most already existing items.

On Live, when I started playing again, I looked at the gear on my character I had been playing before I left to see if I could use anything on new characters. Nearly everything that was hard won on my original character wasn't even worth giving to a level 1 even if they didn't have a recommended. In addition to Defiant, I think Recommended/Required was also added after I left. Prestige was definitely added later since the game was still sub only at the time I left originally.
  14. Mithra Augur

Defiant up to Intricate (required 48, rec 60) starts in TSS. Elaborate (required 59, rec 70) will start dropping with SoF.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Pikollo Augur

Just release Fabled when they are relevant for people to raid for the gear. I understand Fabled were designed years ago, for a purpose years ago. But now they are just a nuisance. When they release they are not on par with current raid gear HEM. So killing them is pointless. So all they do is block mobs like Shei, or XTC or other mobs with a clicky/mod.

Kunark releases in DoN. OoW - 305+. Kunark - 240+
    Velious releases in Prophecy of Ro. DoDH - 365+. Velious - 310+
    Luclin releases in TBS. Solteris - 500+. Luclin - 415+
    Pop releases in SoF. Crystallos - 800+, PoP - 715+

Pushing them back a cycle would give raiders a chance to actually use the fabled gear. Putting Vel with OoW, Luclin with DoDH. The bigger issue would be where to put PoP as its better then Solteris (which would be fun). But not as good as Crystallos.