Mangler is once again asking for Relaxed Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mesozoic_mangler, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Acrimony New Member

i was told to delete this post! oh well
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Neat! Only 2 years backwards in progression.
  3. Moggman Elder

to go back to omens and lvl 70 when were are in TDS and lvl 105? ya hard pass.
    trying to ride this to live
    Xhartor and Clove like this.
  4. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Well clearly that leadership is going to stick around this time, sign me up!
    Xyroff-cazic. and Xhartor like this.
  5. Pixnmode New Member

Dont think anyone on Mangler has any desire to go back to the dreaded level 70 era .. Especially when Mangler at lvl 105 is healthier than Yelinak at 65/70 (lol)
    Xhartor likes this.
  6. Krizem Augur

I've really been enjoying the game lately. When we had the NToV off raid in RoF as a nostalgia filler, I realized the current raids were far more interesting than the old tank and spank or dodge ae thing. You really have a lot more options and fun class mixing synergy things in the game at this point too.
  7. Krizem Augur

I wouldn't mind having a buffer in the GH or trader account in the background though rather than an extra computer for that.
  8. Whiggy New Member

I dont even play anymore, and yet I do believe this is a great idea.
  9. Pikollo Augur

Still voting for this for Thornblade too. But to be honest since they announced Oakwynd with its own truebox rules I doubt they would do anything about our servers until everyone forgets it was a special rule for Oakwynd.
  10. Burdi Augur

Sounds reasonable. Please consider.
  11. kalei New Member

12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I find it utterly hilarious that all the people who were so gunho about the slow grind and truebox being great when Mangler started are now "we hate truebox." They also openly admit to circumventing the TrueBox restrictions, and even have the audacity to complain about the system catching them.

This wasn't a bait and switch, it wasn't something that you were against when you joined the server. Contrary to what some of you want to say, TrueBox was one of the two primary draws for most of you to this server in addition to the slower progression. It also wasn't like this was the first time that TrueBox was created. While you people here want the server moved to relaxed Truebox, I would wager that there are more that would like it to remain as it is. This is base simply on the fact that after a little more than 2 weeks and you are only on page 7. If you are going to convince the Devs that this is something that needs to be considered, by this point you should be at like page 20-30. With the majority of people being in favor of it, and the Devs being able to trace those posters back to people who actively and regularly play on the server.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

I find it utterly hilarious the group of live players / people that rarely, if ever that play TLPs that attempt to have an opinion here. Showing how little they understand about mid/late TLPs. How little they understand about truebox. How little they understand about different eras/people/time.

Those advocating for truebox to stay are saying you either need to choose between using a multibind on boxes (something highly, highly recommended on live) and playing within the 'rules'.

The later the server life goes, the more you should be using a multibind, which if you are going to use on boxes, you are effectively forced to use a VPN to bypass an absolutely archaic detection system within truebox.
    Tweakfour17 and Tarvas like this.
  14. SoandsoForumUser Augur

1. Got any receipts for people in this thread saying they'd want truebox for the servers entire life?
    2. Nothing in this thread is related to slow grind, which mangler isn't precisely because we complained.
    3. No one has discussed circumventing truebox restrictions in this thread.
    4. The system isn't catching anyone bypassing truebox, it's flagging false positives because people have more than one finger.

Congratulations on reaching an error density of 2 per sentence, few people manage that level of conciseness and professionalism in their efforts at being wrong, you are to be commended.
    Clawzzx and Xhartor like this.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

How much would you like to wager? Poll will be conducted by you logging into the Mangler server during primetime hours every evening for one week in a row. You will then ask in general chat how many are a) in favor of relaxed truebox on Mangler or b) opposed to relaxed truebox on Mangler.

I will accept a wager of any amount of kronos you wish. Whoever has more votes by the end of the week wins.

If you believe there is a better way to conduct a fair poll for us to place this wager, let me know.

You can contact me at mangler.crixx. I'll be awaiting your reply!

EDIT: I was going to add a clause about preventing vote manipulation by requiring a minimum level for players to vote, but you know what? Screw it. I won't need it. Total FFA, whoever votes counts. Only requirement is they are logged into Mangler at the time of the poll. Let me know which days you'd like to do this!
    Clawzzx likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They are possibly busy trying to rescue their plans for Oakwynd. Give it another month or so and you may hear something. EQ works at a snails pace for changes sometimes. :D

Vaniki with no Truebox is great. :)
  17. Trevalon Augur

Ill say it over and over, I think Truebox is super important at first. I've played on the terrible servers that were overrun by rampant mass boxing, and it was terrible. Does Truebox completely prevent it? No, but it definitely makes it less.

That being said, about OOW/DoN relaxing Truebox seems like the right move to keep servers healthy.
  18. Pixnmode New Member

You pretty much hit the nail on the head ... Dude above is a troll that probably doesn't even play the game. We're at level 105 where pretty much every class has at minimum several hotkey bar setups and a good amount of buttons they press for burns etc ... As it stands now, if you for example have EVEN two boxes with 5-6 binds tied into one key to make it easier to pop burns etc, unless you use a VPN like you said you will truebox and go ld as it stands now if you click those buttons close to the same time.
    Clawzzx and FranktheBank like this.
  19. Pixnmode New Member

20. Mesozoic_mangler Scholar

This is my hope honestly. They have to damage control and figure out how to proceed with Oakwynd before the server launches. I'd imagine that will take priority before something like this for sure.

I am hopeful that we'll at least get an official response that it is being considered or to go eat mud or something eventually though.