NEW one thing next expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Apr 20, 2023.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You don't have to apologize Xianzu. Just a wish list item. :)
  2. uberkingkong Augur

When they do Underfoot 2.0, might get some of this. (A lot of comments, means it was popular, and playing UF when it released, this was popular) So lots of good ideas.
    From 2.0, https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4941

You want harder?
    Lets look at this youtuber,

You think everyone boxes like that?
    This Youtuber if he isn't a raider, it's only easy because he has like 2+ mods helping him out.
    average non-raider is not using 2+ mods to help them steamroll through everything.

Wheres the stickies?
    Wheres that boxing UI sticky?
    Wheres that GINA sticky?
    The files to download into GINA sticky?

Goods map sticky thats it?
  3. Tucoh Augur

I don't know why you'd link a vid of release Griklor before it got changed to stay grounded for a minimum number of seconds. Everyone is going to watch it and think I can't one-phase KO him.

But that expansion, ToV is a good example of what I'm talking about. The only hard mission was the Kael one and it was difficulty through gimmicks. Having to change my whole lineup every time i wanted to fight him to ensure I didn't have swarm pets or dots active is the closest thing to difficulty in that expansion.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

A toilet paper recipe. My dwarf is getting a bit backed up after 22 1/2 years.

or

a WYSIWYG UI editor.
  5. alanus Augur

Harder raids

Some kind of plat sink
  6. Zarkdon Augur

I'd love to see an expansion with an extra couple zones tuned for really good groups. Not tied to basic progression that gives a cool reward for players.
  7. Windance Augur

Sounds like an plane of war.

Great items. Open world names that took 3-5 groups.

Didn't do a lot when it first came out because it was a death trap, but over the next couple years ended up spending a lot of time farming stuff. Ended up having several CoH mages parked around the zone to help quickly move around for off night powar raids.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You should have tried Vaniki, 10 levels lower than the content. We are having a blast doing (trying to do) Underfoot missions 10 levels lower than intended.

Currently Vaniki V Live NoS, I'll take Vaniki any day of the week. I'm finding live group content more and more borning every expansion. This time round I've just done enough progression to get my needed AAs, I may do the other half of it later in the year or it may wait until some time in the future. Yes it means I won't get the cloak but that is no biggie it is just one item. I still raid on live but thats what 4 - 5 hours a week.
  9. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I beat the Kael mission with nothing but mages. I had my main pet tank the statue, I didn't attack it in any other way. I waited till all the spectators and axes were dead and just let my main pet slowly eat the statues HP's up. It warped (I never was summoned) and I followed it with my team and killed it in the main arena.

But yeah, it was gimmicky. Like you, I really don't care for gimmicks.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Plane of War was great. One of my all time favorite "modern" zones.
  11. Zarkdon Augur

PoW was what I had in mind.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

Yeah I'd like nameds that take 3-5 groups too.
    Mage pets, pets eh.

The thing is, that pet tanks better than 120 tanks I've seen, it can stay alive with 1 merc healing it, and that 1 necro, outdps entire groups I've seen.

Anyways my 1 thing I'd want this next expansion is still armor design.
    If they want to make a wardrobe ring, that would be second.
    Last few expansions they been making a lot of keyring, such and such ring.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I found the "Progression System" got tiresome, it's a problem with it having the same on-rails pattern from expansion to expansion ever since SoD launched - and anything outside of the progression system withered away & died until there wasn't anything.

Side-quests like the rallos ear kinda helped but were tied so much into progression they never felt like they existed outside of it and EQ NEEDS something to find & do outside of the progression system if it ever intends to recapture some of the Old EQ that has been lost, of course any value in doing that has long been kneecapped, hung drawn & quartered in enslavement to the holy progression system's on-rails design so a return to that would be devoid of charm right now without changes to the all XP worth a damn is tied to the holy progression system.

Dev team built a mill-stone around players necks when they put all their design eggs in that single basket & forgot or left behind some of EQ's best moments that were not tied to progression - at least I think so. EQ got stale after SoD, and tying everything to the core progression system & offering nothing outside of it is just one part of the problem a huge lack of character / class development and a copy-pasta approach to spell design just started to make EQ into a hamster wheel with no soul.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The idea would sign up to join such matches, to participate you would need to actively choose to queue for such matches, if you didn't queue then you would never have anything TO decline.
  15. Hegsheoshed Augur

There are a few bows that have bard as a class on them. There are no arrows though other than the shadow spike arrow and bixie anguish arrow.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Knights having bows and bards not having bows always seemed weird to me.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Cloud the Third Augur

Auto turn off feature for tributes. I have lost over 300k tribute in the last week from forgetting to turn it off and leaving my toon sitting in guild lobby afk over night or going for lunch etc. It would be amazing if when you turn it on there is a textbox to let you put a turn off after x hours or something so you can set when it will turn off. So if you start a raid you could set it to turn off after 4 hours or something so if you forget.
  18. Xurn Journeyman

Customizable evolving armor/gear items. Ideally for each slot. Start the item at "level 1" base stats, and as experience is earned (possibly like Merc points) continually allow players to allocate increased stats to these items with the upper limit to rival tier 1 raid gear of a current expansion. Players choose to allocate between HP, Mana, etc.
  19. Tucoh Augur

I agree with your request and this might not be useful to you, but I use a GINA timer bar to remind me to turn off tribute. It lasts for 12 hours and turns on when I turn on tribute, and is removed when I turn off tribute. I haven't forgotten about tribute since I built it.
    Svann2 likes this.
  20. Crashdummy Elder

It would be really nice to have a Donkey or Burro mount, that can function in non out door zones, there are probably some other appearances that would work for these zones as well. Maybe in time we can get an underwater mount as well, hmm Turtle, lol, they would work for both.