What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. rahzel44 Journeyman

I've always firmly believed one of the reasons people keep getting on the next TLP merry-go-round for the 6th time around GoD/OoW era is because they can't handle having more than 8 spells and 2 activateable AAs to play their character decently. Start requiring a player to learn fights they haven't run 185 times on 5 different mains across 5 different TLPs and suddenly they lose interest.
  2. DaciksBB Augur

They should have deleted Ak'Anon when they had the chance.
    Alarya and Metanis like this.
  3. rahzel44 Journeyman

EQ should have some small scale raid content for 12-18 players in every expansion. Make the drops better than group gear but worse than 54-person raid gear. Maybe even source a unique item or two to them, like augs. Give people something to do outside of main raids. New/returning players can utilize it to fill weak spots and learn their class, and active players can use it to gear boxes beyond group content. Smaller guilds or groups of friends could get a taste of raiding without having to be in a larger guild.
    Graag Baash, Alena and Metanis like this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I would call that a good start.
    DaciksBB and Metanis like this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

wtf is Minecraft?
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Melee should be able to bind themselves. (city only is fine) But seriously, why do they need other players to bind them. Give melee a self only bind ability for crying out loud.

And add a toggle to block other people from binding you while we're at it.
    Bigstomp and Rijacki like this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I do not actively use the product my code goes into, but I care deeply about the people who do.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I think there should be an accept for being bound to a location.
    It would also be good to have a method for non-caster self-binding. Ideal would be a player made item such as a potion, brew, or whatever (or even multiple items made by different tradeskills).
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Should be tinker. They've only had belts for some time now.
    Ravanta Suffer and Rijacki like this.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

They have no interest in solving the lag issues with the game, see adding additional scripting for FTE as evidence.
    alanus and Metanis like this.
  11. Sabby New Member

99 out of 100 who post stuff like this are raid geared, in a raid geared group, yes group content can be played while watching videos on YouTube and watching TV
    Rijacki and Flatchy like this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Hot take: Players play what they enjoy. That's their fun they are paying for. No reason to put them down.
    Rijacki likes this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Buttons > Gear. Assuming of course you have enough gear. If you're wearing VoA era gear all the buttons in the world will not save you when 1 hit kills you.
    Tour and kizant like this.
  14. Alarya Augur

"Eph dem nomes"
    -Ogre SK
    DaciksBB and Svann2 like this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

Tunare and Innorruuk had a secret love child.
    Rijacki likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The unofficial digital version of Lego
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

It was a joke!
  18. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

It's how the weeds get in your flower beds.
    Nennius and Sissruukk like this.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Limiting the possible targets of mobs and players would reduce lag if anything.
  20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

No...because you're adding in a new set of scripts to initiate the lock, status of lock, and bunch of other conditionals.
    Metanis likes this.