I'll only be able to play for the 1st six days. What class should I be?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Apr 21, 2023.

1. MMOer Augur

Why game companies ALWAYS leave you dry in the winter and flood the market for spring and summer when life is the worst for gaming I will never know... but another big name game is coming out six days after TLP.

I don't mind burning a krono to catch the fun of noob leveling for the 6 days.

What class should I be considering I will only be grouping and only for 6 days of which 4 are work days. I'll prob hit 30 or 40.

If the other game is a flop and I come back I can always reroll what ever I want to main, not a big deal.

What class would you pick and why?
  2. Appren Gnomercy

The question is rather, what race is your enchanter going to be, and why is it gnome?
    Fallfyres, Xangeon66, Nenton and 4 others like this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

Anything but Warrior is a pretty safe play.
  4. Jmitch Lorekeeper

I don't see why you can't continue to play oakwynd after D4 releases. They're very different games and EQ TLP's, especially in the earlier expansions, don't require a ton of time to level or gear. It could be good if anything, going between both games might help you from burning out on one.
  5. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

Play a druid or a rogue. That way you wont have any desire to come back
    Skuz, Xangeon66 and xeveq like this.
  6. Arclyte Augur

human carbineer w/ some combat medic
    Xangeon66, Ruhi and Koshk like this.
  7. code-zero Augur

I suspect that whatever they play they'll be really bad at it because they're already a "short timer" and lack motivation to do better. That happens to everyone and it's called planning to fail
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Or it could just be playing to have fun. Fun is not failing.
    Not everyone is into the min/max race.
    Alarya and Koshk like this.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

Druids aren't actually that bad in classic and kunark, Rogues definitely are terrible though, play one of those at launch without a static and you'll be wishing D4 would launch earlier.
  10. Koshk Augur

CZ, you've been especially grumpy the past week. Please think about taking some time off for yourself. Enjoy some fresh air, kick back at your favorite pool/beach, or go sightseeing. Then you can return refreshed and more relaxed. :cool:
    code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  11. Chopsuey Augur

My favorite classic era class is a necromancer. Undead charm and undead nukes are very powerful when some of the most popular zones to level in have lots of undead, like Unrest, lower guk and the hole.
    If you can't find a group? They can solo as well as any class in classic. Go farm giants or cyclops with ease.
  12. code-zero Augur

Well heck, I had some wisdom teeth extracted and I'm kinda thinking I'm not fit to be around other human beings now that you mention it. Sorry for the grumpiness :p
    Yinla, Appren and Koshk like this.
  13. MMOer Augur

LOL!
  14. MMOer Augur

I tend to focus on a single game. Need that progression or I get bored.

At most an RPG and a FPS for breaks.

With that said... will D4 hold me and if so for how long?

Not sure how the trading scene will be be but from what im reading almost non existent. No market = nothing to grind for other than a couple power points = bored faster.
  15. Runes Augur

Go with a druid for the 1st 6 days, because of the ports, skins and regen that you can use later if you do come back and want to PL your boxed desired class that you are going to stick with. If you dont come back, you can always sit and make some plat porting people for the next 4 expansions and make money, selling buffs to people in tunnels etc. while you are playing your choice of game on your main computer.

That way you catch up faster, unless you not going to want to box, then it doesnt matter what class you pick, go with the one you usually like to play as six days you will still find groups easy and you will not have wasted resources.
    Ruhi likes this.
  16. wade_watts Augur

When you are able to come back in the winter, PoP will be coming out. Go for a ranger or something good in PoP to give your future self a head start.
  17. Jimmy2times Elder

You sound like the CEO of a Fortune 500 company telling your employees they don’t work hard enough while you pay them pennies lol.

Play what you like the most and enjoy your time it will be there if you decide to come back.
  18. Kudofo New Member

nice swg reference
    Fallfyres, Xangeon66 and Rijacki like this.
  19. Trevalon Augur

If your only playing 6 days and you want to make the most of it (IE, you want to level to the highest you can get by grouping) then your pretty much limited to:

Tank (My tanks literally get groups faster than anything except maybe the chanter):
    SK or Pal

Heals
    Cleric
    Shaman

Enchanter (probably the easiest class to get a group IMO)

DPS (these will be slower to get groups than almost anything above)
    Monk
    Mage

Those are almost assuredly the most sought after classes for forming groups 1-50. It will give you the best shot at getting into groups fastest. Honestly, id argue Ranger as well for tanking, but it wont be nearly as fast as the SK or Pal
  20. Captain Video Augur

Whatever you choose, can I have your stuff?