Bazaar mule

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bolburbonecrunch, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Bolburbonecrunch Journeyman

I am getting a new computer soon and want to know how I can have my bazaar items still priced. Any ideas will be welcome.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Copy entire everquest folder onto a USB drive, transfer fodler onto new computer, run EQsetup over the same folder, open launcher.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Mithra Augur

copy files? BZR_charname_servername

looks like this:
    [ItemToSell]
    31242=375000000
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Annastasya like this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

In your main EverQuest folder: BZR_charactername_servername.ini

Note that by default Windows hides the .ini ending (really, all ending .xxx, known as 'file extension' or 'file name extension' to files).
    Sissruukk likes this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

As noted by Fanra, the bazaar prices are only in the BZR_character_server.ini files. However, I frequently back up my .ini files from the Everquest folder to a fileserver we have at home so I can use them on a different computer and have the same UI layout and bazaar pricing. It's even handy to have them backed up in case I need to change out the hard drive on my main computer or it dies someday or I somehow manage to afford to get an upgraded new laptop.

You can even edit your ini files outside of game using a text editor like Notepad ++ or Notepad. Careful when editing ini files that you know what you're changing. And, if you edit the file, it will only take effect when you start the game fresh. For example, you can adjust prices out of game, start up the game, and those will be the prices used.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tips_and_Guides#Saving_/_Moving_EQ
    Saving / Moving EQ

Note that charactername and servername in the file names below need to be changed to match the character name(s) and server name(s) which you wish to save/move. Note that by default Windows hides the file extension (the .ini part) of file names.
    • The file eqclient.ini stores your keybinds, character model and mount display options, etc. Settings which are account wide and set through the Daybreak LaunchPad options or in-game Options Window.
    • The file UI_charactername_servername.ini stores your UI settings such as the location of windows, window transparencies and fade delay settings, chat channels, autojoin channels, logins and passwords.
    • The file charactername_servername.ini stores your actions window /doabilities, blocked buffs, blocked pet buffs, disciplines, hotbar settings, socials, and /memspellsets.
    • The file AT_default_charactername_servername.ini in the folder userdata stores your audio triggers.
    • The folder AudioTriggers / shared stores the actual .wav files for any audio triggers you may have as defined in AT_default_character_server.ini.
    • The folder uifiles / UI Name is any custom UIs you may have as defined in UI_charactername_servername.ini.
    • The folder userdata contains various files that you should save and copy.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Rijacki like this.
  7. Bolburbonecrunch Journeyman

Thank you all, really appreciate it.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Soulbanshee has the proper solution. You just copy your EQ directory onto an USB, and then paste it to a folder on your new computer. Do not put it in Program Files or Program Files(x86), and I would suggest avoiding the root of c:/ as well. The best option would likely be to just make a Games folder and put it into that folder, or if you will have Steam installed you could always put the EQ folder into the Steam Library folder.

You don't even have to run EQsetup. Just run the launcher in the new location. EQ has never needed to be installed.
    Rijacki and Angahran like this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Just copy the entire folder to the new computer, and NEVER NEVER put it anywhere Windows messes with like programs or users.

E.g.
    Put it somewhere simply like c:\games\everquest
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

EQsetup has the DX9 installer so you would have to manually run that instead but yeah, otherwise setup is just start menu shortcuts and the intial launcher files required to download the game from the servers.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I didn't realize that. I just assumed that you had to go download it separately since new (and returning who have been gone 10-20 years) players regularly have issues because they don't have DX9 installed.
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

Its the websetup, and it looks like it hasnt been replaced since MS updated their signing certs so it could be busted now, necessitating downloading it direct yourself.
    [IMG]
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

This is a side benefit of it being such an old game. It's not installed to have little tendrils in the registry and I think that's a good thing.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There used to be some old instances of where returning players needed to do a reinstall but not any longer. Just like rarely there will still be someone who needs that DX9 C from 2010 but that also is becoming a non issue. And those only needed the manual download when dx 12 was taking over. But now they all work together
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It's all in the backward incompatibility... err compatibility ;)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, these were all people with brand new systems which never had DX9c ever installed on them. They all always worked together. You had 9c, 10, 11, and 12, all on your system. They stacked effectively. Starting with DirectX 10, they stopped making DirectX fully backwards compatible within the specific version. So if you have DirectX 12, you do not necessarily have DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or anything of DirectX 9c. Some of the libraries from 10 & 11 carry over to 12, but not all. The libraries included in DX9c were not carried over to any later version. So anything that uses library specific calls or uses cannot be ran without DX9c having been installed.

DirectX 12 is not backwards compatible with 11 or 10 or 9c unless you actively install them (or had them installed prior to the upgrade to windows 10 or installation of DX12). This is how it has worked since DirectX 10 was released.
    When DirectX 13 comes out, you will see D3DX12 listed there as well.
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Zvenn Just an old monk

move your EQ installation to google drive, one drive...whatever cloud service you like...never have to migrate EQ files on PC upgrades again...simply log into the cloud service provider from any computer and voila. i have been playing EQ off google drive since google drive was a thing and wouldnt ever go back... i can play on my main laptop, my work laptop, my GF laptop and all have the same UI layout look and feel no matter what
    Rijacki likes this.