Didn't think the heritage crate change through did you?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by globeadue, Apr 20, 2023.

1. globeadue Lorekeeper

I am a player that drops a few hundred bucks every time a new crate rolls out, and sometimes a few bucks to catch up on old crates when they show up.

With the 4/19/23 change to crates "- Heritage crates have been altered so that they will not offer items that are not usable on your server at the time of opening." I will never buy them again. You have essentially gutted the crates of most of their value and I loved to get later expansion items, it gives me something to look forward to when the expansion unlocks. I'm sad about this, You have chosen poorly in this change.

How about putting this kind of development effort into fixing the problem that forced you to make the client start in windowed mode. I'm so sick of that patch resetting my UI every time I forget to hit alt+enter at character select, what's it been, a year now of that headache.
    sauron3030, rahzel44 and Yinla like this.
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

It was brought about due to the overwhelming number of constant complaints from TLP players about not being able to use crate items when they bought them. Post after post about they should have been told before they spent money on them that they could not yet use them.

Yes it was something any player could look up and figure out but players wanted the easy fix. Its clearly marked on most marketplace items. So the dev changed it to satisfy the many.

You are the few, if not the only complaint against it.

I see your point.

I felt the same way about the "time remaining" that used to be on the character screen and that they removed due to the inability of TLP players to understand the revolving bill date from using Krono vs Credit Cards. Not difficult but 80% of the TLP Krono users could not keep track of the date and would come up a day short and whined about having to sign into a live server to use the Krono to restore full access. So they removed it and now we all have to look it up in account management. But, no more complaints now.

Both of these were changed based on TLP player feedback.

The fix for the client bug in full screen is to run it in windowed. This was ALL player feedback and tech issues. New accounts were having issues that prevented them from making accounts which was driving a lot of them away.

Not all changes will appease or even please all players. There are many I don't like. But for whatever reason were made.
  3. Jedis Arch Mage

It's the few that ruin it for the majority. There was a thread around here somewhere about loot crates and laws in his country, etc etc etc.

Unfortunately, with the change, if you buy loot crates before Luclin, there's now zero chance you'll get a mount to look forward to using.
  4. Laronk Augur

The majority of people don't want to receive items that they don't use. A lot of people who play on TLP only play upto a certain expansion.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Selling gambling with the jackpot removed is pretty shady.
    ChiiChii, Vumad, Magneress and 3 others like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can say that about the entire system when you get items that you can't use.
  7. Laronk Augur

Really there shouldn't be loot crates in our game period.
    ChiiChii, Koshk, Vumad and 5 others like this.
  8. Jedis Arch Mage

Speak for yourself. I play on TLPs exclusively and there was outrage when we lost crates on Agnarr because of them being removed. If anything, it was someone complaining that their free crates got an item they couldn't use, while many others were dumping hundreds into crates trying to get the rare mounts and illusions.
    Bobokin likes this.
  9. Marton Augur

This.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would be OK with the crates as they are (random item) if they also put the crate items in the store, at a substantially higher cost. That way, if people want to take a chance with the RNG and possibly get what they want at a lower cost, they can. And the people that are just looking for that one specific item can pay a premium and just buy it directly.
  11. Zeratuul New Member

This
    ChiiChii likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I don't care about the loot crates much, if people want to spend, go for it. I do find the entire concept of artificial scarcity by making the items people want much rarer so that people waste hundreds of dollars trying to get mounts/illusions very distasteful. Should be an equal chance of any item.
    Bobokin and Monkeychunks like this.
  13. Monkeychunks Augur

I feel the same, if someone wants to buy them or get them free via monthly DBC then that is their choice.

Only adults are supposed to be playing this game so they should all know the odds. If they don't .....then its on them. And after 100 ping packs and no mount then I have learned my lesson and no longer buy crates so its no longer on me.

Life and games have tough lessons so pull your big boy pants up and get on with it.

BUT my big issue is the discontinuation of so many of the Cats/Dogs/Gnolls in a box that we will never have a chance to complete and HF armor with its TLC and no where to buy it other than the 3 sets that are offered in marketplace and 2 of those we can make ourselves.

This is why I refuse to give them any more of my money. Nor will I buy perks. Who knows what they will stop offering next? Why bother trying to get a set of something when they won't even give you a way to complete the set. Talk about finished before you started lol
  14. HealBigBoy Journeyman

15. Tappin Augur

Selling them to minors is even more shady.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Chance is part of most games, two people can pay the same $14.99 for a month, play the same hours as the same class/level in the same zone/camp, one gets rare 2 blooded drop, the other gets none.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are not paying for an item when you pay to play the game and you are paying for a chance at an item when you buy a loot chest that has a random item.
  18. Loup Garou De loop de loop

minimind likes this.
  19. Ravanta Suffer Augur

That's the thing. We don't know the odds.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

All who call loot boxes gambling are utter idiots. You get 100% of the value you paid every time. You not liking what you got is not the same as gambling where you can lose what you invested.
    Tarvas and CatsPaws like this.